Another 670 in A Rev chassis.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great Cory! Keep the pic's coming. I had a 96 Formula SS 670 loved that sled! I Wish it had that chassis around it :)

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would having pro-jets set up help, kinda on the fly rejetting for maybe 100 sizes??

yea thats how all the turbo xp kits are running..dial jets or whatever brand you choose. just crank it one position every thousand feet or based on your AF guage. they can and do work.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for now ill keep it stock, as i do have a new set of 740 sleeves on the shelf!! Heading to Mexico right away so ill post a couple more pics tonight. Ill likely have it running the first week of Jan.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea thats how all the turbo xp kits are running..dial jets or whatever brand you choose. just crank it one position every thousand feet or based on your AF guage. they can and do work.

Dial a jets :nono: LOL go with Wursten's Power jets instead. Run them on my rotax, yes they work but are only good for 1 fuel circuit depending on where you cut the dump tube. It wasn't uncommon to see a carbed turbo rider with more than just main jets in the tool pouch though. I used to carry around AA0's to AA6's tubes and all the needles to match as well, plus the full set of mains and a different set of carb slides with a steeper cutaway. Believe me I'm not denying that a properly setup sled will lay the smack down on someone, just takes a while to set it up. The 740 would be a way more reliable and "user friendly" sled to ride IMO. For the price of the turbo and kit though, you can also step the 670 up to 825.......:D

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOH WOH!! Hold on what 825? Im running a pro jet set up on my carbs, both sleds. No problems. Ill stick with the stock for now and bump it up in doo time to 740. Ive already got the sleeves. But whats this 825 tell us more!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy over on SW had one he built, it was in my PM's on the old Snowest but I lost them in the transfer. Guys name is DWHalvorson, he is building turbo's now for the new Doo's (R&D Performance I think) - You know who he is. I was asking him about his 740, he said you can use the 670 bottom end and build an 825 (which is what he did), talk to him, he knows his 670 motors too. :) I know that you can build a 990 as well off the 670 RV case - talk to Ralph at SS. A guy in Ft St John had a 990 and arcdoo bought it off him when I bought his other SS motor (but then he is now selling the 990 - not sure why I think it might be too big for his AC chassis).
990 crankshop engine - SnoWest Forum

Might be worth looking into........:)

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently ive talked with him already:eek: heres what he had to say about the 825::
(qoute)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it has been this long to get back to you. I've been moving. I run a 740 on the bottle in my wife's sled and still love that engine!! They are tough to beat. I did run an 825 PSI twin based off the 670 in my Titanium tube chassis. It had just a tad more than the 740 on the flats but would out pull the 740 on the hill. It was aftermarket cylinders, head, pistons and a 1'' thick spacer under the cylinders. Had to have the porting redone to make power with the PSI twins. I ran it with a P-85 at 8300rpm and a Cat secondary. I personally like the older TRA on the Rotax rotary valved twins. The 825 ran 86 mm pistons that are a factory Cat piston. I would just bore what you have and set it up and it will run very hard. You should realisticly be in the 140-150hp range on a single pipe and agressive porting and twins should get you in the 160-165 hp range, but the rpm will need to be turned up to 8600rpm.

If you have any more questions, just ask. I should be on daily now that I'm back on line.

Dave

:eek:

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And some more shots. Im going with a small headlight setup, which was incredibly easy to put together. I had a length of light 1" channel kicken around, so i cut it to length, the brackets for the light just happen to fit perfect into the slot of the channel. 1 rivet into each bracket and 1 at each end of the peice.... poof theres light!!! too easy. The 96 tach fit perfect into the console too.:d

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 344
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 342

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of lights are those KORE?? Do you have to run a rectifier to get them to work? Looking for a simple solution and 1 light setup for each sled. Not many "driving lights" that run on AC though.....

Princess Auto has some on right now for $10, where did you get those ones?

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Princess Auto specials, lol. Had one working on the riser thought id bring the other out to fit in this build!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Princess Auto specials, lol. Had one working on the riser thought id bring the other out to fit in this build!!

LOL -awesome!!! Gotta love the Surplus Junk section..... :D
How are they wired? 12v DC or AC? Or do the rev's come with a rectifier installed already?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rev chasis is dc voltage. previous skiddoo up until 2003 is ac voltage and require a rectifier to convert it.

i installed a light on a 2001 and its super bright. never even checked the voltage type....weird.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rev chasis is dc voltage. previous skiddoo up until 2003 is ac voltage and require a rectifier to convert it.

i installed a light on a 2001 and its super bright. never even checked the voltage type....weird.

Maybe that's why its super bright.... :D

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll have to wire it up to the rectifier for the gauges.

Thanks guys.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong here but I know these lights are 12v DC. I have it hooked in after the voltage regulator. Is this accurate, i mean it worked. And the tach too will tie in after the reg aswell...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah...

i dont quite understand that i have done the same thing. all dc lights work. and some other things. but certain guages that are dc do not work at all and i have had to install a rectifier. off the accessory output. my digatron plugs right in and works. but certain aftermarket guages do not. i know for a fact the system output did change from ac to dc.

im thinking lights are not effected by direct or alternating current.....

where are the electricians that can chime in haha

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah ill get some shots up lil later, been helpen buddy put the motor back in his xp. I finished the electrical last night im sure tonight ill have most of it done............... soon itll be on the snow!!

Top Bottom