AC Release Date

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man. Still no release date on their website. Whoa. This is gonna be big. They’re really keeping us waiting. Obviously gonna blow our socks off……fml.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man. Still no release date on their website. Whoa. This is gonna be big. They’re really keeping us waiting. Obviously gonna blow our socks off……fml.
Have faith. They have to do something sooner than later. I think with SkiDoo and Polaris's big releases the past 2 years this will be the year.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have faith. They have to do something sooner than later. I think with SkiDoo and Polaris's big releases the past 2 years this will be the year.

Ya. Sorry for the negativity. I’m a die hard Cat guy but I’ve just been let down too many years in a row here. And I want to remain a Cat guy but geez. We’re just so far behind right now that we think we’re first. Can we actually recover? I hope so.

Reactions: RXN

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya. Sorry for the negativity. I’m a die hard Cat guy but I’ve just been let down too many years in a row here. And I want to remain a Cat guy but geez. We’re just so far behind right now that we think we’re first. Can we actually recover? I hope so.
They could be waiting for Doo and Poo to play theIr Aces then trump them big time? The bad thing about releasing late during these Covid times is you pretty much seal your fate by delaying as everyone is scrambling to buy new tech from Doo and Poo. How many old Cat guys bought something else because they were panicked when Poo and Doo sold out so fast? I think Cat needs to steal away some of the marketing guys from Doo for example. They have done well promoting and giving you a reason to try their product

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They could be waiting for Doo and Poo to play theIr Aces then trump them big time? The bad thing about releasing late during these Covid times is you pretty much seal your fate by delaying as everyone is scrambling to buy new tech from Doo and Poo. How many old Cat guys bought something else because they were panicked when Poo and Doo sold out so fast? I think Cat needs to steal away some of the marketing guys from Doo for example. They have done well promoting and giving you a reason to try their product

Doo and Polaris biggest advantage is they listen to their customers and give them what they want. Had Cat turbo’d the 800 and refined the running boards, tunnel, spindles and other fit and finish details nobody would have anything to complain about on a Cat other then other brand loyalists poking genuine fun.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo and Polaris biggest advantage is they listen to their customers and give them what they want. Had Cat turbo’d the 800 and refined the running boards, tunnel, spindles and other fit and finish details nobody would have anything to complain about on a Cat other then other brand loyalists poking genuine fun.
Cat engineering has had a long history of innovation that I would consider they “listen” to their customers. Cat’s biggest issues began numerous years ago with mismanagement which left them as a smaller company and vulnerable for a larger corporate entity to easily take over. Now, the huge Textron machine, doesn’t seem to have a handle on how to attract new clients, let alone keep brand loyalist. Look at the dirt side of things… the rebranding to all Textron, then a couple years later rebranding again. That just tells me the powers that be at Textron have no idea what they’re doing.

I’m sure there are many excellent people at Cat…. They’re just not pulling the bean counter strings at Textron.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
The 22 Cats work pretty good I think. Some room for improvement but over all they work very well. I don't understand what Textron is thinking. They had the chance to sign Caleb Kesterke and Gabrielle Hockley. They Lost Brett Turcotte to Poo. Going back a little further they lost Rasmussen and Jenkins. They would have a very good Ambassador team.

Their marketing is non-existent. The Hardcore is everything a Khaos is and you never hear anything about it. Polaris has blown up the Khaos and is chasing the hopover, bowtie movement and crickets from Cat.

Even if they come out with a new chassis and big power, without marketing they won't sell to anybody that does not bleed green. The Poo and Doo are so good that even with a new chassis and plant the best they can hope for is to be equal. That won't take market share from Poo and Doo. It's not 2010 any more and they aren't going against the dragon and XP.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly don’t think having a bunch of ambassadors help sell the sleds. When your researching for a new sled where do you look? Do you look at the ambassadors for the information? I don’t … I believe they say what the company wants them to say…not thier honest opinion.

I feel if you have a good product it will sell itself. I’d rather have less marketing, less warranty, to keep the sled prices down. We are paying for all these extras.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat has lost some big riders and I think that was a mistake but they have some good riders too: Kyle Saxton, Maverick Walker, Dave McClure, Riley Kincaid. They just aren't that prolific at the social medias like some of the better known riders. Cat needs to up the marketing wank to be a legit snowmobile company.

That said it's easy for me to be a Cat guy for another year, my local dealer is awesome to deal with and my wife is due with our 2nd in Oct so no point in me snowchecking anything LOL.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat has lost some big riders and I think that was a mistake but they have some good riders too: Kyle Saxton, Maverick Walker, Dave McClure, Riley Kincaid. They just aren't that prolific at the social medias like some of the better known riders. Cat needs to up the marketing wank to be a legit snowmobile company.

That said it's easy for me to be a Cat guy for another year, my local dealer is awesome to deal with and my wife is due with our 2nd in Oct so no point in me snowchecking anything LOL.
Rory is the Man in salmon arm

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No money in sleds.
Textron makes bombs

Textron, based in Providence, Rhode Island, is one of 11 American companies to rank among the world’s largest defense contractors. The company ranks 20th among companies profiting the most from war in 2017 with $4 billion in arms sales through its subsidiaries, which include Bell Helicopter and Textron Systems.Though the majority of Textron’s revenue comes from deals in the United States and Canada, the company also does business in the Middle East, Asia, and Europe. Textron defense products include armored vehicles, unmanned aircraft, and attack helicopter

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly don’t think having a bunch of ambassadors help sell the sleds. When your researching for a new sled where do you look? Do you look at the ambassadors for the information? I don’t … I believe they say what the company wants them to say…not thier honest opinion.

I feel if you have a good product it will sell itself. I’d rather have less marketing, less warranty, to keep the sled prices down. We are paying for all these extras.

These are the guys killing it on social media ....makes a huge difference in sales .... consider that Axys / matrix is essentially the same suspension geometry from 16 to 23 ....doo too ..... Yes incremental change same as AC (excepting the 850 & factory boost) but a hell of a lot of hype too. All that promo comes at a $$$ and when it gains traction then the prices of the new stuff climbs .....
Yes, a new 23 is arguably better / more refined than the 16 but look at the $$ increase ...they're great at selling the sizzle ....

Top Bottom