8000 rpm hesitation/bog

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody ran into this problem because I've never heard of it. My 2011 etec had the low rpm hesitation from new and everyone as heard or felt this condition and has been blamed on the rate of rpm increase.
Now my sled is doing it at 8000rpm pulling hills, the first time it I was halfway into a 1 min long pull it did recovered itself and never did it again for the rest of the day. The last ride it did it about a half a dozen times or more, sometimes it would recover on it own, and others i'd have to back out the the throttle to get the engine to recover it's power, than after that the sled ran perfect for the rest of the day. This is the exact same hesitation/bog that I had at low rpm, and it went away after i clutched it out of it at the start of the season, than all of a sudden this starts to happen.
There is 1000miles on it and hasn't the new flash or piston update in it yet, and no CEL. It almost feels like the injectors are cutting out, I believe there is something wonky going on in the ecm and it was being blamed on a rate of rpm increase. There is no excuse for it happening at 8000 after half way into the pull and not hitting the rev limiter.
Any ideas anyone? It definately going to the dealer but I have a bad feeling that they are not going to find anything. I hope there is a stored code.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update. The dealer found no codes because as soon as the sled got hooked up to the budds it wanted to download the new update. Dealer installed the new top end under the recall and put new reeds in it, and did the ECM update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let us know next time you ride it what you experience.

If it happens again and it is consitantly happening, have the dealer hook it up to the Buds and get them to bring it up to top rpm and see if it cuts out. Watch the voltage while doing so.

Top Bottom