2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And here comes the bubble burst. Arctic cat is claiming the 858 is a 165hp class engine.

dcc619b4465920213cd426bf725975b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talk about passing the buck LOL. They know its not making more than the doo 850 or the polaris 9R so putting 165 class is an easy exit.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talk about passing the buck LOL. They know its not making more than the doo 850 or the polaris 9R so putting 165 class is an easy exit.

I was concerned about that as well, but they also classified the Sidewinder as a 180hp class sled and it came out of the crate over 200hp. So that is my hope and im sticking with it.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was concerned about that as well, but they also classified the Sidewinder as a 180hp class sled and it came out of the crate over 200hp. So that is my hope and im sticking with it.
Cat always has the edge on power. If it’s not out of the box, it’s 20 hp from easy mods. My 19 Alpha with a few Mountain Man tricks ripped. Made a stock 19 look like a 600. I spent that season riding with mostly doo’s and got lots of compliments for my kitty kicking ass

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat always has the edge on power. If it’s not out of the box, it’s 20 hp from easy mods. My 19 Alpha with a few Mountain Man tricks ripped. Made a stock 19 look like a 600. I spent that season riding with mostly doo’s and got lots of compliments for my kitty kicking ass

how much money is acceptable to put into mods on a sled to make it comparable with products that already exist? It would have to be priced right from the MFG thats for sure

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll give you that. My 20 with a few easy mods made my wife's identical stock unit feel like a 600 comparatively too.

That being said, my Turbo-R makes my buddies ctec 800 feel like a Blast.

• Sad
Reactions: RXN

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll give you that. My 20 with a few easy mods made my wife's identical stock unit feel like a 600 comparatively too.

That being said, my Turbo-R makes my buddies ctec 800 feel like a Blast.
Absolutely Now I’m on a 23 turbo R. The things in animal.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much money is acceptable to put into mods on a sled to make it comparable with products that already exist? It would have to be priced right from the MFG thats for sure

Id put that the 858 is competitive to the Doo 850 and the Poo 9R. Cat has always done a good job getting the power to the ground, wasn't is an Alpha that beat Muskoka's 22 turbo do in a lake race?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id put that the 858 is competitive to the Doo 850 and the Poo 9R. Cat has always done a good job getting the power to the ground, wasn't is an Alpha that beat Muskoka's 22 turbo do in a lake race?

i believe it will be also, i more meant to get it into turbo R/Boost territory it would need another 10k into it

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i believe it will be also, i more meant to get it into turbo R/Boost territory it would need another 10k into it
I think the 858 will keep up to a stock Boost,it won’t keep up to a turbo R…

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got messaged today from Dons Speed Parts, order in January, but I’m sticking g with my 23 turbo r, it’s a beast

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if more models are to be unveiled around that Jan 30th? I don’t see a riot x or hardcore like they had in the ascender chassis. Unless those models are discontinued?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if more models are to be unveiled around that Jan 30th? I don’t see a riot x or hardcore like they had in the ascender chassis. Unless those models are discontinued?

I hope by 2027 they have a twin rail hardcore turbo 858

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really wish they would release these with a twin rail.

We don't ride enough mountains anymore for the alpha rail, we do lots of trails and cut lines, a twin rail works better for us.

We're due to replace at least 1 sled in the next couple years.
Buy the alpha and put the 4 wheel kit on it

If you got the 2.6 track no issues

The 3 inch don't like low snow at all , it needs pow

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't go with a 3" out of preference. I have the 2.6" on my 2013 Cat, and it's been a really good track for my riding.

Snow West Magazine had a poll on their Instagram Story last night asking if there was a desire for a twin rail option for these sleds, so maybe they can get the feedback even higher up with Arctic Cat?

Either way, this cheap bugger will not be snow checking a first year sled, likely watch for good used down the road.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all the new 3"+ tracks are like this. They are like tires now, wear item every season :sick:

I think its more user error. People ripping down groomed trails in freezing temps on a tall lug isn't great for any track. Im going to assume thats where majority of the problems start, then they just blame a crappy track when it lets go in the alpine.

Top Bottom