IMG_8127.jpeg
    441.3 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_8126.jpeg
    IMG_8126.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 324

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope they get some demos out on the the snow this season. Would definitely help their marketing and pre season sales.
Cat demo tour.

Reactions: RXN

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The big machined aluminum piece that holds the jackshaft is an interesting choice. It'll work as a torque arm and maintain primary secondary spacing, but there's going to be a lot of vibration at the bolts by the PTO shaft.

Hopefully it works well, the weight sure sits down low.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The big machined aluminum piece that holds the jackshaft is an interesting choice. It'll work as a torque arm and maintain primary secondary spacing, but there's going to be a lot of vibration at the bolts by the PTO shaft.

Hopefully it works well, the weight sure sits down low.
That plate has been in use with Cat chassis design since the early F chassis came out. Vibration has never been an issue.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed the jack shaft literally runs above the cylinder head, well really close maybe not above. fauck.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to be the best Mountain Sled hands down, none of this exploding chain cases and motors in the other new sleds!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to be the best Mountain Sled hands down, none of this exploding chain cases and motors in the other new sleds!!

lol oh ya? with 120hp at altitude and its not even available to buy? let me know when you get it ill give it a good spanking with my G5. im sure it wil smash alpine meadows just fine. But its not a contender for best mountain sled

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol oh ya? with 120hp at altitude and its not even available to buy? let me know when you get it ill give it a good spanking with my G5. im sure it wil smash alpine meadows just fine. But its not a contender for best mountain sled
?????
How high are you going to knock it down to 120, most Canadian areas average 7,000' at best.
I wouls say it will likely be at 145hp at normal average elevation.
HP wise it wont touch a turbo, Doo or Poo.
Handling and fun factor it could be very very conpetitive against similar NA sleds.
This will be my third year on the Boost, most of the time I really don't need the turbo.
But holy fawk when you do hammer it there is no way I'm going back to NA.
To attract market AC better slap a turbo on that hot NA.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
So just for argument sake, the current atmospheric pressure at the Revelstoke Stoke Top according to their Davis weather station is 1015.3hpa. That is -55ft. Since the turbo r and boost are altitude compensation how much "spanking" will be done in a high pressure weather system?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just for argument sake, the current atmospheric pressure at the Revelstoke Stoke Top according to their Davis weather station is 1015.3hpa. That is -55ft. Since the turbo r and boost are altitude compensation how much "spanking" will be done in a high pressure weather system?

The turbo R isn’t just altitude compensating anymore, it always makes 180Hp. For arguments sake I’ll have that 180hp in all weather systems so I don’t need to pick and choose which days I’ll be laying beat downs.

On a side note, I fully admit I don’t fully understand pressure and weather systems but I have a hard time believing even with pressure variations that 8000ft in elevation isn’t going to lower the power of an NA. I could be wrong, but it’s never been a topic of conversation that guys with NA Sled’s felt like they had turbos when the air pressure was higher LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somedays the old NA feels better than others.

I had never considered a high pressure system though. Learned something today 😁

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
The turbo R isn’t just altitude compensating anymore, it always makes 180Hp. For arguments sake I’ll have that 180hp in all weather systems so I don’t need to pick and choose which days I’ll be laying beat downs.

On a side note, I fully admit I don’t fully understand pressure and weather systems but I have a hard time believing even with pressure variations that 8000ft in elevation isn’t going to lower the power of an NA. I could be wrong, but it’s never been a topic of conversation that guys with NA Sled’s felt like they had turbos when the air pressure was higher LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
People never really thought about it. How many times over the years have people said their sled was running good today, or jeez I need to add to my clickers it's over reving today, or on the flip side can't pull rpm on a low pressure day or feels like it doesn't have power. Theoretically the factory turbos should be the same all the time. But on certain days my high compression 9R might just out perform a factory turbo. But Fernie Trees are so tight you can't really stretch the legs on a turbo so I am NA. If I rode bigger country I would be on a turbo. Not all terrain is turbo terrain.

Top Bottom