2023 Sled Show in Edmonton

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vote with your heart then and don’t go. If enough do it then they will get the picture and make changes.

If I was running the alpha turbo again this year I would not go as I need nothing for that sled, but I wanna grab a bumper for this doo and want to check out a couple two three choices, it’s the only place I can do that. The venue needs to change, they would get more vendors and more customers if they did. Northlands is a bunch of crooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was running the alpha turbo again this year I would not go as I need nothing for that sled, but I wanna grab a bumper for this doo and want to check out a couple two three choices, it’s the only place I can do that. The venue needs to change, they would get more vendors and more customers if they did. Northlands is a bunch of crooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 vote for moving it to Red Deer! ;)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Something new this year:

1694615911764.jpeg

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the moving to Red Deer option was beat up pretty good in another thread. likely lose some of the big ticket vendors like Martin and Cycleworks. Also, i think there used to be a version of it in Calgary that was ill attended. Not sure if that's even a thing anymore. I'm guessing if the powers that be wanted to move the venue, there would plenty of more economical places in the Edmonton area.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary hasn’t happened for years now. Once the local snowmobile club let it go and it went to a big show similar to Edmonton down at the Round Up Center people quit coming because of the cost and the dealers gave up on it because of the floor costs. Needs to go back to its roots in my opinion.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary hasn’t happened for years now. Once the local snowmobile club let it go and it went to a big show similar to Edmonton down at the Round Up Center people quit coming because of the cost and the dealers gave up on it because of the floor costs. Needs to go back to its roots in my opinion.
What happened in Calgary is what’s happening in Edmonton…. It will continue to dwindle until it’s just the manufacturers and their élite dealers left.

The high end venues kill the experience…
I don’t blame some smaller businesses for not attending…

People that sled/atv/sxs/offroad…. All choose to recreate outside, and would still attend if a portion of the show was outside. Definitely needs a more appropriate venue.
I could care less if some poor factory spokesperson didn’t like the barn that it was held in…

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the floor space in these venues is ridiculous and then the venues charge plus plus plus. Want your sign in the air? We can do that for $250. Want some rug for your booth? How’s $1000 sound? I think the last time Bowridge did the Calgary show they sold 36 Seadoos that show and broke even. Just stupid.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
If people know of better venues speak up, let's make some suggestions to the show organizer I'm happy to present the suggestions to them.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got nothing Tyler. Just pointing out how much it costs to show at these venues.🍺🍺

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m not from the area…
But I would have to think there must be some sort arena/ag pavilion etc in the surrounding area…
Ft Sask
Leduc
Wetaskiwin
Camrose
Stoney/Spruce

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you F8ckn hilbillies. Im good with northlands. Im classy. no barns for this guy

but on a serious note,

there are very few snowmobile shops anymore. No one does anything to their machines. If the mod business was still alive and well then the show would still be enormous with 1000 different aftermarket turbo venders etc, but The industry is changing, that's all. Heck no ones even making movies anymore, or its all on youtube for free. There used to be 20 booths just for guys making videos. i love my new sled but it certainly killed all the cool sh*t we used to look at

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think thats true^ I think there is still as much after market junk to buy for sleds and sledding as there ever was...

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time i went to the show was 95. Went past the SOS booth and told the wife I won't have to buy any of that stuff as we were living and riding in Fort McMurray. 4 months later Finning transferred me to Sparwood. Shortly after that I bought my first sos beacon, shovel and probe

Top Bottom