2023 Rumours

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no question its making positive pressure! Any time you're forcing air induction... its positive.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a question but what are your guys thoughts on how much boost the skidoo or Polaris manufacturers can add without having to upgrading the fuel octane requirements? To me it seems that's the very upper limit on these things as they are not going to sell a machine that requires higher grade fuel that 91 and I am guessing that the Polaris is already close?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe on a cheap guage, but in reality its making boost.

My NA isnt running negative pressure at 8000ft so im thinking the turbo must be running positive pressure at 8000ft.

Thats why it has the hair dryer looking thing
You NA at wide open throttle runs at zero intake vacuum. But it only has 11.9 atmosphere at 8000ft so it is getting far less air into the engine so fuel is cut drastically to maintain say, 12.5AFR at wide open throttle. The doo turbo runs the same amount of fuel at 8000ft as at sea level because air is in the intake is still 14.7.

Now the power up kits add some actual boost but due to the small turbo likely being overspun and out of its efficiency range the intake charge temps will definitely be higher.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IIRC the doo rings are in a steel support sleeve in the piston but not sure the crown thickness.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if youre having lunch at 8000ft and your guage is reading 4lbs vacuum, dont be alarmed you dont need a space suit, there is no vacuum.... your gauge is just a piece.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You NA at wide open throttle runs at zero intake vacuum. But it only has 11.9 atmosphere at 8000ft so it is getting far less air into the engine so fuel is cut drastically to maintain say, 12.5AFR at wide open throttle. The doo turbo runs the same amount of fuel at 8000ft as at sea level because air is in the intake is still 14.7.

Now the power up kits add some actual boost but due to the small turbo likely being overspun and out of its efficiency range the intake charge temps will definitely be higher.
That why got the turbo now, to boost that ch!t!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh really....!! then why does it go PPPPPPSHHHHHHHHHHH PSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH PPPPPPPPPPSHHHHHHHHHHHHH as im passing everyone
Create an air leak on diesel, the turbo makes noise but the pressure is way down.....

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if youre having lunch at 8000ft and your guage is reading 4lbs vacuum, dont be alarmed you dont need a space suit, there is no vacuum.... your gauge is just a piece.
So on my old tnytro, at 2000ft I would run 10psi to maintain 8900rpm. At 7000ft I would increase the boost until the engine ran 8900rpm again, about 15psi. The alot more turbo noise do to it having to spin harder to move the same volume of air to maintain power.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So on my old tnytro, at 2000ft I would run 10psi to maintain 8900rpm. At 7000ft I would increase the boost until the engine ran 8900rpm again, about 15psi. The alot more turbo noise do to it having to spin harder to move the same volume of air to maintain power.

Ya well the air is getting thinner as you go up, thats why they put the turbo on

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apples and oranges here... The Doo turbo makes boost. I guess I'll just hurry up and get that Ibexx tune installed so I can make more positive pressure!

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya well the air is getting thinner as you go up, thats why they put the turbo on
Absophuk'nlutely... it is now a forced air engine with a phuck'n turbo! Doesn't matter if it's maintaining atmospheric pressure or not. That's why I barely hear the turbo on my TDoo at 2000ft, but at 7000 at load its making all kinds of noises... it's boosting!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a question but what are your guys thoughts on how much boost the skidoo or Polaris manufacturers can add without having to upgrading the fuel octane requirements? To me it seems that's the very upper limit on these things as they are not going to sell a machine that requires higher grade fuel that 91 and I am guessing that the Polaris is already close?
I think the Polaris is running that line. I’m guessing do can add 2-3 pounds more

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New doo turbo two lengths or more behind boondocker sidekick in a good climb, and about 10-12 km/h less track speed, not terrible for a stock turbo, great throttle response vs aftermarket, he took me off the line for about 50’ then I went whizzing by

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New doo turbo two lengths or more behind boondocker sidekick in a good climb, and about 10-12 km/h less track speed, not terrible for a stock turbo, great throttle response vs aftermarket, he took me off the line for about 50’ then I went whizzing by

but your making 5lbs of real boost so thats actually pretty good for a sled making 0

Top Bottom