2022 boost on the dyno. 196 hp!!!!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love you Polaris guys.:) as long as you have 2 pounds more boost you really have something. why not compare apples to apples ? compare them with the same boost, but that`s the only way polaris has a chance to beat the ski doo run more boost. cheaters cheat that`s the only way they win.
I don't think you can turn the Polaris boost down that low?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also, 196 hp is fantastic. Just to bad you cant put it to the ground with a 15" wide track
So if a 16" wide track is better than a 15", then a 18" wide track must be fantastic? I think you should get one. Tracks are really misunderstood. Push a wide swoth through the snow and see how much energy that takes and then push a narrow line and it takes much less energy. If you are short on float then go longer on the track, not wider. And we should start doing some "footprint to weight ratio" calculations to see how these sleds stack up. Finally who rides on the flat track? Most roll it up on one side otr the other so how much track is actually in contact now? If this is the way we should look at things then the Alpha has all beat.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weeeeell no!
They always seem to be 10hp high with their numbers.
They were high by 9 on the 800 etec.

Just remember that makes it 10 high for doo turbo numbers also.
That is gonna hurt when your number was already low.

Take 10 off of each and what do you get????
A spread between the two that is just as big....lol

Yes thank you. Bikeman has a history of having high dyno numbers.
I didn’t believe doos number when he posted that vid either, that’s how the cookie crumbles.

Regardless when these sleds do arrive, it will be fun, I have a blast on my altitude compensating 165hp doo.
Squeeze the throttle and have fun

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also, 196 hp is fantastic. Just to bad you cant put it to the ground with a 15" wide track
6B2CD8E0-7DAD-4A18-83B2-D698CDF52613.jpeg
CBC6CD9A-A65F-4A8E-BDB2-36794B455BAB.jpeg
2B6AD429-F100-4158-84C1-54CB534F5E50.jpeg

The doo track works awesome but it’s 15” wide after circumcision….

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have a QD2 -equipped sled, are you sure? Also, did you try running it packed with snow that gets forced between the belt and the sprocket, increasing belt tension drastically? That's different than having ice pressing against it from the sides.

Lol. Ya, I’m pretty sure I have a QD2, and I have run the belt drive in my 2013, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 and my 2121 QD2. I’ve had them froze up, I’ve had to clean them out, pretty sure I’ve had them in lots of deep snow… maybe it froze up and broke, and being bottom sprocket, maybe early season riding it bounced off of something….

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who rides a turbo at 6500-7200 rpm?? I personally have it to the bar all day. Watch every single youtube video of a skidoo turbo. WOT the whole time.

Are you going to do a climb comparison on a hill and maintain 7200 rpm. No. Not one person ever does that.
LMAO You misunderstood my comment, but just went right to attack mode anyway. Did I say anything about riding a sled at 7200 RPM? Nope. Just showing the comparison of where both sleds were at 7200 RPM, and show the rationale for not focusing on a SINGULAR number of peak power but compare a more holistic look at the data. Like I said, it shows you guys don't really understand the fundamentals here - I'll quote myself - "A couple theoretical calculated dyno HP ain't gonna make a difference up on the hill with cold air and deep snow......so breath and relax".

Breath and relax guys. Breath and relax.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO You misunderstood my comment, but just went right to attack mode anyway. Did I say anything about riding a sled at 7200 RPM? Nope. Just showing the comparison of where both sleds were at 7200 RPM, and show the rationale for not focusing on a SINGULAR number of peak power but compare a more holistic look at the data. Like I said, it shows you guys don't really understand the fundamentals here - I'll quote myself - "A couple theoretical calculated dyno HP ain't gonna make a difference up on the hill with cold air and deep snow......so breath and relax".

Breath and relax guys. Breath and relax.

ill be honest, i have zero understanding of what you said originally LOL.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ill be honest, i have zero understanding of what you said originally LOL.
LOL Ok, I'm not the most coherent at times, too many thoughts rolling around in the noggin. Simple version - Anytime you are looking at dyno data - NEVER compare peak HP #'s. HP is only a calculation of torque and RPM divided by a constant (5252) so you need to look at torque, not HP. Look at 2 points inside the data and compare them instead. At 7200 RPM, the Doo and the Poo are neck and neck in torque (122 vs 125). 3 ft/lbs of torque difference is nothing and would never be noticed on the hill.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was on his stage kit, with a bunch of mods and a reflash. The stocker never made more than 170ish.

Not on the vid I seen on hardcore sledder.

It was a stock engine, and it flashed 181 on the first pull, the other pulls were 174, 175.
Peak torque was impressively high on the curve at 7925rpm, and peak TQ stayed there on the other pulls.

Top Bottom