2022 boost on the dyno. 196 hp!!!!

powpounder

Reaction score
Haha! I believe those hp numbers as much as I believe getting the jab will save me from the plandemic. I’m sure some sheep will believe in the numbers😂

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was once told by Dave at A&E in Brooks that dyno numbers can be misleading. I asked him how much HP his ported cylinders were making on a 670 years ago and his answer was ..."what number do you want to see?" HaHa!

100%. I used to work at a shop years ago that had a dyno and so many people wanted to see big numbers just to brag online, can easily be manipulated. A dyno is nothing more than a tool, set a baseline and adjust and you can see your improvements. Comparing dyno numbers from different locations and testing is pointless.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
196hp vs advertised 180hp that just means those pistons are going to shoot 9% higher out of the engine bay by my calculations.

You win the comment award in this thread, I actually hope the boost is 196hp. Nothing wrong with some good brand competition.
The boosts HP to weight numbers are extremely impressive going off that dyno.
2022 in Valemount will be exciting, get them dialed @Chrisco, @dragonweld.
My ECM is still stock tuned.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder what they are using for a correction factor? At 1000ft it might be adding 4% for elevation, plus possibly some for temperature. Can't really use a correction factor on a turbo engine that's compensating for elevation. That really quickly brings the Polaris close to 180hp and the doo to 165hp as advertised.

Or was that the NA skidoo 850 they dyno'd? Really hard to tell the difference when the turbo makes the same power as the N/A motor...

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Polaris boost was at 3.3 pounds of boost at 196hp stock, the ski doo was at 1 pound of boost at 178 hp, now if you add a stage 2 tune to the ski doo = 3 pounds of boost you get 198 hp on his dyno. they are both 850 cc with turbos, at the same boost they will put out the same hp, it`s going to come down to track and clutching, and rider. they are both great sleds, no matter which one you ride.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Polaris boost was at 3.3 pounds of boost at 196hp stock, the ski doo was at 1 pound of boost at 178 hp, now if you add a stage 2 tune to the ski doo = 3 pounds of boost you get 198 hp on his dyno. they are both 850 cc with turbos, at the same boost they will put out the same hp, it`s going to come down to track and clutching, and rider. they are both great sleds, no matter which one you ride.
Exactly & power displayed is corrected so it should be an apples to apples. I really hope that Poo knocks the ball out of the park with this one.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Good for Polaris, great hp numbers, probably a good 20 hp difference in reality between the doo and poo, the problem is with Polaris is the track is a piece of garbage so another $1500.00 there to put something on with traction and then the clutching is not dialled for our kinda riding so another $500.00 there, definitely need a better rear bumper so there is no kinky in the ass, $500.00 there and the list goes on, for 25k plus 3k in accessories they are gonna be an awesome sled as long as you can get one, I am so glad I kept my 21 doo turbo, the boys might beat me in their dreams ha ha.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only difference is the polaris at the so claimed 196hp has warranty (which lots might need) and the ski-doo at 198hp has voided the warranty. Warranty would matter to me if I am forking out 25g's for a sled. Cant wait to see someone line these two sleds up, Turcotte did in one of his videos and the polaris beat on the ski-doo pretty bad but who knows.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are no longer a unicorn as redline in Gp had 1 on the floor. Probably have more of the snow checks coming. My n/a Khaos works great so far.

Attachments

• 0AD2CB16-B860-4603-89D5-2AAFB7305D33.jpeg
    0AD2CB16-B860-4603-89D5-2AAFB7305D33.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love you Polaris guys.:) as long as you have 2 pounds more boost you really have something. why not compare apples to apples ? compare them with the same boost, but that`s the only way polaris has a chance to beat the ski doo run more boost. cheaters cheat that`s the only way they win.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love you Polaris guys.:) as long as you have 2 pounds more boost you really have something. why not compare apples to apples ? compare them with the same boost, but that`s the only way polaris has a chance to beat the ski doo run more boost. cheaters cheat that`s the only way they win.
Because that's not the way they were built. Stock to stock is a fair comparison. Doo could have up'd the boost but they played it safe, good on polaris. And for the record I am not a polaris or skidoo guy

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that how you test drive new pickups, make sure they are running the same boost pressure? How about racing a guy in your hotrod, only if they have the same boost pressure or same size nitrous jets? phuk outta here.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that how you test drive new pickups, make sure they are running the same boost pressure? How about racing a guy in your hotrod, only if they have the same boost pressure or same size nitrous jets? phuk outta here.
OK Cry baby. wouldn`t want to hurt your feelings.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because that's not the way they were built. Stock to stock is a fair comparison. Doo could have up'd the boost but they played it safe, good on polaris. And for the record I am not a polaris or skidoo guy

Exactly. Out of the box ready to ride is the fair comparison.

I don’t expect doo to up the HP either especially without some redesign of some parts for reliability. Look at doos history, have they ever increased the HP to match a competitor? The etec has been rated at 165 since 2011.
Polaris has been way lighter than the doo for years, and doo has not fallen into that game with them, in fact the doo sleds got heavier.
I have never trusted Bikemans dyno numbers, they always seem to be way higher than others that dyno. Regardless of the final number, I would say the boost has a honest 15hp over the doo and a higher altitude ceiling capability due to turbo sizing.

Top Bottom