2022 boost on the dyno. 196 hp!!!!

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Out of the box ready to ride is the fair comparison.

I don’t expect doo to up the HP either especially without some redesign of some parts for reliability. Look at doos history, have they ever increased the HP to match a competitor? The etec has been rated at 165 since 2011.
Polaris has been way lighter than the doo for years, and doo has not fallen into that game with them, in fact the doo sleds got heavier.
I have never trusted Bikemans dyno numbers, they always seem to be way higher than others that dyno. Regardless of the final number, I would say the boost has a honest 15hp over the doo and a higher altitude ceiling capability due to turbo sizing.

Doo doesn't need to do much to keep their riders. It could be the heaviest slowest least powerful sled out there and they would still throw their blind loyalty at them and pay whatever they were asking.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This thread is quite humours. I remember when the turbo Doo first came out and the when the polaris guys said that it wasn't a fair stock to stock comparison, the skidoo loyals all said.. "compare how they come out of the box"!!! Now that polaris has shown some impressive dyno numbers the skidoo loyals are complaining its not fair. Quick reminder for your $23,000 turbo skidoo's. You have paid for a turbo sled that doesn't make more power, only compensates for elevation.

Moving on... The boost should be very quick. If it ever arrives.

Secondly, i bought an old 2018 800 axys with low km, ill run a silber turbo on it with 5lbs and run circles around those Doo's for $8000 less. Just saying.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
giphy.gif

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is quite humours. I remember when the turbo Doo first came out and the when the polaris guys said that it wasn't a fair stock to stock comparison, the skidoo loyals all said.. "compare how they come out of the box"!!! Now that polaris has shown some impressive dyno numbers the skidoo loyals are complaining its not fair. Quick reminder for your $23,000 turbo skidoo's. You have paid for a turbo sled that doesn't make more power, only compensates for elevation.

Moving on... The boost should be very quick. If it ever arrives.

Secondly, i bought an old 2018 800 axys with low km, ill run a silber turbo on it with 5lbs and run circles around those Doo's for $8000 less. Just saying.

it makes 35 more HP than its predecessor at elevation. Thats a power increase in my head LOL

either way, this thread is pretty hilarious considering not a single one has hit the snow and its almost christmas.

my seat of the pants DYNO still tells me ill be flying past all the boost sleds its all in how you handle the terrain with it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either way, this thread is pretty hilarious considering not a single one has hit the snow and its almost christmas.
Looks like delivery is pushed out again to the end of the year.

To be fair, Doo is having their delivery issues as well.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL all you "experts" throwing shade.....LOL When Joey made more power with the 2020.5 Doo, the yellow undies crowd was loving him, now Poo makes more and its "yeah I don't trust his numbers". Why is that - please give us your expert opinion on why his numbers shouldn't be trusted NOW.... LOL Like you guys even have a fawkin clue what you are looking at. Your bias is clouding that perception - you haven't looked at ALL the numbers. As a tuner, he'd want any given sled to dyno lower so there's power left on the table and that's what's going to help sell his parts. From what he's posted over the years, his numbers are reasonable (I said reasonable, not perfect) they are consistent, AND he always talks air density if you watch his videos, so you need to understand the correlation to air density for a dyno run on any given day.

Do you guys ride all day with the throttle taped to the bars at WFO? No? Oh sh!t..... well.....that's where this singular power number was made..... So a quick look closer then maybe? - The Doo peaked lower for torque, 122 ft/lbs at about 7200. The Polaris made 132.7 ft/lbs at 7650 (which then calcs to the bigger peak HP #) but ONLY....wait for it...........................................................125 ft/lbs at 7200. So midrange at 6500 you might be a couple apart on your ski doo. woopedeedoo. A couple theoretical calculated dyno HP ain't gonna make a difference up on the hill with cold air and deep snow......so breath and relax.

The BFSC is good, coolant was 95 (Doo was dyno'd at 98), AFR's are low 13's and EGT's never even hit 1100 so it ain't lean. He's been working with Dynotech for years and both companies are willing to put it out there and risk the criticism from joe public. Polaris is making more power with a peak value, that's it. If it bothers you, you're just going to have to deal with it. Doo will step up and even if they don't, there's nothing to be ashamed of at these power levels from a stock sled.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo... why does everyone hate on Joey and Bikeman? Slober turbos name cleaned right up after they made their new kits and flashes worked... Just askin, you gotta think they cant just be swinging a bat and hitting nothing but still selling and succeeding?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LOL all you "experts" throwing shade.....LOL When Joey made more power with the 2020.5 Doo, the yellow undies crowd was loving him, now Poo makes more and its "yeah I don't trust his numbers". Why is that - please give us your expert opinion on why his numbers shouldn't be trusted NOW.... LOL Like you guys even have a fawkin clue what you are looking at. Your bias is clouding that perception - you haven't looked at ALL the numbers. As a tuner, he'd want any given sled to dyno lower so there's power left on the table and that's what's going to help sell his parts. From what he's posted over the years, his numbers are reasonable (I said reasonable, not perfect) they are consistent, AND he always talks air density if you watch his videos, so you need to understand the correlation to air density for a dyno run on any given day.

Do you guys ride all day with the throttle taped to the bars at WFO? No? Oh sh!t..... well.....that's where this singular power number was made..... So a quick look closer then maybe? - The Doo peaked lower for torque, 122 ft/lbs at about 7200. The Polaris made 132.7 ft/lbs at 7650 (which then calcs to the bigger peak HP #) but ONLY....wait for it...........................................................125 ft/lbs at 7200. So midrange at 6500 you might be a couple apart on your ski doo. woopedeedoo. A couple theoretical calculated dyno HP ain't gonna make a difference up on the hill with cold air and deep snow......so breath and relax.

The BFSC is good, coolant was 95 (Doo was dyno'd at 98), AFR's are low 13's and EGT's never even hit 1100 so it ain't lean. He's been working with Dynotech for years and both companies are willing to put it out there and risk the criticism from joe public. Polaris is making more power with a peak value, that's it. If it bothers you, you're just going to have to deal with it. Doo will step up and even if they don't, there's nothing to be ashamed of at these power levels from a stock sled.
Who rides a turbo at 6500-7200 rpm?? I personally have it to the bar all day. Watch every single youtube video of a skidoo turbo. WOT the whole time.

Are you going to do a climb comparison on a hill and maintain 7200 rpm. No. Not one person ever does that.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You win the comment award in this thread, I actually hope the boost is 196hp. Nothing wrong with some good brand competition.
The boosts HP to weight numbers are extremely impressive going off that dyno.
2022 in Valemount will be exciting, get them dialed @Chrisco, @dragonweld.
My ECM is still stock tuned.
Already dialed !!! been done to death same ch!t thats in my 21 is going in the 22 1600 km same belt no dust pulls hard.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who rides a turbo at 6500-7200 rpm?? I personally have it to the bar all day. Watch every single youtube video of a skidoo turbo. WOT the whole time.

Are you going to do a climb comparison on a hill and maintain 7200 rpm. No. Not one person ever does that.

mine definitely saw far more 8000 rpm than 7200 last weekend thas for sure lol

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not even boosted.

I have a lower sprocket that looks just like that…. It bounced of a stump, but made a couple more days before it let go…. The OP thinks it’s from snow and ice buildup, and very well might be but I’ve had them froze right up and never broke one till it bounced it off a stump.
Kinda like when the G4 first came out and bulk heads were shattering, they obviously needed a little change in design, but they were not meant to bounce off of rocks and stumps either!!!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a lower sprocket that looks just like that…. It bounced of a stump, but made a couple more days before it let go…. The OP thinks it’s from snow and ice buildup, and very well might be but I’ve had them froze right up and never broke one till it bounced it off a stump.
Kinda like when the G4 first came out and bulk heads were shattering, they obviously needed a little change in design, but they were not meant to bounce off of rocks and stumps either!!!
You have a QD2 -equipped sled, are you sure? Also, did you try running it packed with snow that gets forced between the belt and the sprocket, increasing belt tension drastically? That's different than having ice pressing against it from the sides.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bikeman dynoed a NA matyrx at 181hp anyone believe that number???
Weeeeell no!
They always seem to be 10hp high with their numbers.
They were high by 9 on the 800 etec.

Just remember that makes it 10 high for doo turbo numbers also.
That is gonna hurt when your number was already low.

Take 10 off of each and what do you get????
A spread between the two that is just as big....lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom