2022/2023 fernie season.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So was he PISSED and Broke again.......

I’m pissed at our government for making everyone broke!

Great to meet you Randy! We bagged up the recycling and gave the cabin a decent clean before heading down. Those boys know their beef - I’ll relay the kind words as they’re not S&M’ers. Cheers!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m pissed at our government for making everyone broke!

Great to meet you Randy! We bagged up the recycling and gave the cabin a decent clean before heading down. Those boys know their beef - I’ll relay the kind words as they’re not S&M’ers. Cheers!
thanks for cleaning up the cabin at the end of your day!!!

Ryson

Reaction score
Glad everything went good at the family ride.

Boy we went up Corbin today and went explored the pipe line for a look. When those steel stakes get another foot on them they will be lethal. Like literally. Hope people are aware. Cause I forsure some major injuries because the warnings don’t seem to slow idiots down.

BubbleNuts

Reaction score
Glad everything went good at the family ride.

Boy we went up Corbin today and went explored the pipe line for a look. When those steel stakes get another foot on them they will be lethal. Like literally. Hope people are aware. Cause I forsure some major injuries because the warnings don’t seem to slow idiots down.
Should anyone that goes to fernie avoid the pipeline then for the season theres a nice spot by the notch we like to ride

Ryson

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say avoid it but stay on the path. It’s pretty much single lane for alot of it. I seen a lot of tracks that guys made going all over. Crazy. There’s rocks steel
Stakes and who knows what else out there. Seen one guy stuck in what looked like part of a trench not filled in. If a guy ever got thrown and landed on a steel stake it would be a bad day. You can still see most of them but won’t be for long. It truly is a mess. But passable. Be safe

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next 2 week forcast doesn't look all that great. It certainly can change and let's hope it does. We need a reload

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say avoid it but stay on the path. It’s pretty much single lane for alot of it. I seen a lot of tracks that guys made going all over. Crazy. There’s rocks steel
Stakes and who knows what else out there. Seen one guy stuck in what looked like part of a trench not filled in. If a guy ever got thrown and landed on a steel stake it would be a bad day. You can still see most of them but won’t be for long. It truly is a mess. But passable. Be safe
Maybe someone should go out there with some 10’ 2x2’s or something and a few rolls of flagging tape and mark these off? Great thing to bring up at the next FSA meeting.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone should go out there with some 10’ 2x2’s or something and a few rolls of flagging tape and mark these off? Great thing to bring up at the next FSA meeting.
That would take forever to do and the club certainly doesn't want the liability that would go with it.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
That would take forever to do and the club certainly doesn't want the liability that would go with it.
I agree. If people want to stage at an area outside of the FSA and brave the Pipeline so be it. FSA saying don't use the pipeline or McEvoy is probably best to avoid a law suite when someone has an accident. And if they start making hazards where does it stop? If I hit a rock or fall on a dead tree and impale myself in the blueberry should the FSA have marked it?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. If people want to stage at an area outside of the FSA and brave the Pipeline so be it. FSA saying don't use the pipeline or McEvoy is probably best to avoid a law suite when someone has an accident. And if they start making hazards where does it stop? If I hit a rock or fall on a dead tree and impale myself in the blueberry should the FSA have marked it?
Or for that fact lots of the area that FSA manage is private land. IF the land owner gets pissed they will just shut all of it down. THe guy that runs the cat ski area up Morrissey has been told many times that if he gets harrassed or if sledders encroach into his ski area's the owner of the land will shut it all down to sledders. FSA does a great job to manage the area's with all the logging and such.

Ryson

Reaction score
I thought so too.

Didn’t mean for this to become a thing. Was just simply letting people who are interested know that there are a lot of hidden calamities under that snow on the pipe line. That’s all.

Sicklineup

Reaction score
Ski hill said 19cm looks like 25 now should be more tonight.
On a settled base ,warm down in the valley today

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a graphic will help. Blue line is 2022-23 season, green is 2021-22 Season.

Snow level actually decreased since end of Dec. Currently bordering on 25 yr average low values (pink area).....so thats fun. Keep in mind that although its in the "range" of normal, its still skinny in lots of areas.

In summary - its gonna need some time......

1673304671925.png

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FSA just posted snow line starts at the cabin.... That's a long ways up there.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh for sure. Just hurts more when we haven’t gotten anything significant in a month either. Elkford is suffering too. Only 130cm average up top and still lots of rocks barely covered.

Top Bottom