2022/2023 fernie season.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I was there Saturday also. Staged from Coal Creek. The trail was rough but it wasn't as bad as it was 10 to 15 years a go. From what I hear they only got enough snow in the last week to actually start grooming low elevation so it is what it is. I bought my membership last month. They spend a lot of money before the groomer ever hits the trail.

As far as the snow I thought there was a good start. Its still early so I wasn't expecting much. Any logging area or the burn are still a no go. Old growth on North North East aspects had more snow than I was expecting. The McEvoy being plowed is a bit of an inconvenience but won't deter me. The old growth trees are where the best riding is in my opinion. I can have 2 days of fun and never cross the McEvoy so it won't be any different than before. Now if they log the blueberry, inside the summit road and from the Doug Dean down the McEvoy to the Pipeline I'll be upset.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No need to explain
e58f66dc6911c63a9efe213ba63d1279.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Ryson

Reaction score
Good question mr. Planning to head down on the 27th

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode before the cold hit dec 17 in the rolling hills. In the trees was ok but there is stuff you hit. Especially higher up in the open spots. I guessed about 4’ of snow till things get covered properly. Not sure how much it snowed since then.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has snow about 6" in town in the past few days. The temps are going up. I am hosting the FSA family ride on the 28th. Leaving the Coal creek staging area around 10 am up to the rolling hills cabin. We will have smokies, pop, water, maybe chips and my wife is baking homemade cookies. The ride is in honour of our past president who passed away in 2016 and its in honour of ALL SLEDDERS who didn't make it home. I will be having a moment of silence in their honour. So if your around drop in and say hi. I will be on my 2021 blue/grey Polaris and will be wearing a orange klim jacket. In the parking lot i will have my orange Tundra. Be great to see a few of the s&m people.

powwow

Reaction score
It has snow about 6" in town in the past few days. The temps are going up. I am hosting the FSA family ride on the 28th. Leaving the Coal creek staging area around 10 am up to the rolling hills cabin. We will have smokies, pop, water, maybe chips and my wife is baking homemade cookies. The ride is in honour of our past president who passed away in 2016 and its in honour of ALL SLEDDERS who didn't make it home. I will be having a moment of silence in their honour. So if your around drop in and say hi. I will be on my 2021 blue/grey Polaris and will be wearing a orange klim jacket. In the parking lot i will have my orange Tundra. Be great to see a few of the s&m people.
Sounds like you need an orange sled.

Ryson

Reaction score
How’s the snow? Set up any yet? I see there’s more on the way

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How’s the snow? Set up any yet? I see there’s more on the way

Pouring rain when we came thru Fernie tonight.
Sounds like all the parking lots are a mess. Up high should be snow, watch the avy forecast. Gonna be high risk for awhile.
Be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The FSA family ride yesterday was a success. Lots of out of towners were there and talking with them was great. I did a speech and at the end of it I asked everyone to do a minute of silence in honour of all the sledders who never made it home especially since is was the anniversary of the 8 local guys. The best part of the day some group of cattle ranchers had a roast slow cooking on the BBQ and I just happen to be there at the end of day and was offered some. IT was by far the best roast I have ever had. Those boys sure did a good job. I even met Pistonbroke yesterday. The cabin was actually fairly clean yesterday too.

Top Bottom