2017 Skidoo Summit?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I got this p.m over nite

What pics should I send????

Tapatalk won't down load the screen shot

I'll try it again

So those wildlife cameras you set up 5 to 15kms from your house netted something that looked like a 2017 snowmobile???

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im 100% serious..... I know this guy whos talked to his cousins friend that rode it....
his name...... is Cardaverett Kustrasmusrona
I know that guy, he is huge. Like the size of three guys!!!

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0014.jpg
Not sure what I'm looking at on this post from across the pond but almost seems like new Doos or Lynx chassis OR they are just Ski-Doos with skinz panels and aftermarket A-Arms. Hope its the 2017's cause they look barely wider than the headlight assembly!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why? I do not need to say I told you so.

It's not so much an inside scoop as it was what I was told, by people who rode it. If you were there you would have heard the same thing as the other people who were there. Right place, right time.

They left me wanting to know more but they can't say more than they did.

That's all I came here to do, let people and nay sayers who didn't think there would be something new know there is. I didn't think they would.

I hope we are all impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was with Dan when we heard that the 2017 Doo was going to address the issues that he and I have with the current Doo's. I specifically asked if the Polaris guys will be happy with the changes and the answer was a solid "YES".

This can be interpreted how you like but most Polaris riders hate how fat and heavy the Doo's are and how wollowy the suspension is. Many also hate how the running boards and body work catch on the snow. Some dislike how wide the seat and tank are. Some dislike the 16" wide track. Others are not sold on the T-motion and flex edge track.

I expect a bunch of these will be addressed, not likely all as some are possibly still valued as good features.

Either way, it does sound like BRP is hearing the market and is stepping up their game.

Chris

Bottom line is Dan is not making up what was told to him.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 194181
Not sure what I'm looking at on this post from across the pond but almost seems like new Doos or Lynx chassis OR they are just Ski-Doos with skinz panels and aftermarket A-Arms. Hope its the 2017's cause they look barely wider than the headlight assembly!
Wow, that's insane if it the case

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
View attachment 194181

Those are ALL XM's............ lol. Skinz Panels, C&A XTX Extreme crossover ski kit from ski doo and the curved lower a arm kit..... sorry

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. That is too funny Tex. If the Yocals around you only knew they could sell Kuster pics they'd be lined up at the end of his driveway.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. That is too funny Tex. If the Yocals around you only knew they could sell Kuster pics they'd be lined up at the end of his driveway.
That's deep into banjo country, they'd have to pull out of their cousins first.

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are ALL XM's............ lol. Skinz Panels, C&A XTX Extreme crossover ski kit from ski doo and the curved lower a arm kit..... sorry

That's kind of what I was thinking already T-team but fun to stir the pot up a little more and couldn't resist when I saw that pic on my insta.

Peevo

Reaction score
That is a group of riders in Sweden. I see the after ski team sticker on one of the sleds.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im 100% serious..... I know this guy whos talked to his cousins friend that rode it....
his name...... is Cardaverett Kustrasmusrona
interesting hint I am sure this person with multiple personalities took impute from each one.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 194181

That is the Skinz after market panels, hood and A-arms, Boards. not the 17.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
name="Dynamo^Joe" post="15284329" timestamp="1454349050"]Im putting $5 bux down on this...
New platform
897.6cc @ 183.7hp
3" narrower body
Feb~March 2016 @ 28 lbs lighter to get the hype going.
Oct production @ 24 lbs lighter (actual)
82mm track lug
154, 163 only (marketing scheme to tap into your 5 motivators. (vanity, lust, greed, fear, jealousy) This one for "lust", and make you drool and lust for a 174 for 2018)
The small muffler that we seen at haydays 2015 will be on 2017

I think Joey will be very close in his prediction.
IMO

Top Bottom