2017 Skidoo Summit?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When does BRP release info on their 2017 line up typically? More specifically the new T3 if they are coming out with it again.

Has anyone heard any rumors? I assume with only doing a color change for 2016 that something good is coming for next years mountain machines...?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hydrogen.jpg

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well they could release the mountain machines!

Brentk

Reaction score
Hoping for a refined 900cc on the T3 and then loose 10-20 lbs (like the hood, airbox, light assembly)...but that's just me wishing.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
different rumors Ive heard from different sources

-same XM with narrow "cheek" plastic
-lightweight primary clutch or totally new clutch (not TRA)
-872 or similar CC
-totally new chassis

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually end of Feb. They just announced new rebates and are blowing out 2016's.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
880 ( 872) is coming for.2017 trygtad bad others have proven the reliability

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually in the past it's been new motor then the next year new chassis. So my bet is new chassis or more improved refinements to the xm. No new motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KermitZx6r

Reaction score
I think what he tried to say is that Trygstad **and** others have proven the reliability(Good) of the big bore kits.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at a new 600 next year....800 to follow...my money says same motor sizes but revised etec system similar to the outboards. I'm doubting we will see bigger...1000 sdis sold well the first year and flatlined after that. BRP is profit driven and if they do not see the potential for payback its not going to happen. Doo has ties with aerocharger yet we don't see that as an official relationship.

Primary will come from the RS which is a new design.

My guess is doo saw how well a Sled with a more specific mtn ppackage would sell...a la the T3. If you look at the lineup the backcountry line was stretched to provide more of a crossover coverage. This is allowing Doo IMO to build a Summit with fewer trail traits and more specific mtn features compared to the past.

I do foresee a foray into the bike market..from what I've been told the Boivins (snowhawk creators) have hung out in Valcourt fairly regularily since the Snow Hawk quit production.

Whatever the case maybe BRP moved Seadoo production South and this frees up a considerable amount of production space to now build multiple platforms.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1000 in the summit didn't sell well because they were junk and very heavy.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably because the M8 was such a good platform had almost the same HP, lighter and was cheaper.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see how a 1000cc engine is going to be considerably heavier? Doesn't take much to stretch the block out some. Unless they have to do upgrades all over to support the new power? But you see turbos pushing way more with no problems.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you put this in English? Are you saying trygstad 872 is bad?
Dam phone lol
i was told by someone (he is In The clutching world ) that works close with brp that was going to buy a sled this year and was told by someone at brp that he should wait till next year (said you really really want to wait till next year)( he also talked to a guy that works for Bosch and brp has been testing a whole bunch of different larger injectors)
what I was trying to say before is the 872 that trygstad builds are very reliable so it a natural next step

Top Bottom