2017 Skidoo Summit?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see how a 1000cc engine is going to be considerably heavier? Doesn't take much to stretch the block out some. Unless they have to do upgrades all over to support the new power? But you see turbos pushing way more with no problems.
The chassis itself in the doo was much heavier. More coolers amongst other extra parts.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the Doo 1000 had balance shafts in the crank case.

trailblazer

Reaction score
A new wrap on the '16...adds 20 horsies. ...too much inventory to get all"epic...best sled ever"..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
?? -this BB deal has been rumored for a number of years - is there a bigger engine on BRP's R&D shelf ??? Probably - will they every put it into production - would be nice but do they really need it ??? The current 800 has ample hp - guess if your into the steep and deep extra hp would be a benefit with the added hp - but for boondocking and the average rider - not so sure ? Like if an BB did come out - do the other manufacturers have something to compete - would this b the next step in the industry !!?? The chassis in all manufacturers work so well - what could they possibly improve - blows me away how far this sport have evolved ! Not that I'm coming planing !:)

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see how a 1000cc engine is going to be considerably heavier? Doesn't take much to stretch the block out some. Unless they have to do upgrades all over to support the new power? But you see turbos pushing way more with no problems.

There is no such thing as a turbo with no problems.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bold new graphics
new primary clutch
mayby knock some weight down

doubt we will see anything new, as mentioned, to much inventory and way to committed to the current chassis and plastics. If there was a new chassis it would have all the same pickup points at the xp/xm. With a new clutch coming out, id be surprised if we see anything on the motor. People still love it, so why change it.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bold new graphics
new primary clutch
mayby knock some weight down

doubt we will see anything new, as mentioned, to much inventory and way to committed to the current chassis and plastics. If there was a new chassis it would have all the same pickup points at the xp/xm. With a new clutch coming out, id be surprised if we see anything on the motor. People still love it, so why change it.

Exactly !

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of leftover sleds this year doubt we will see a new chassis. New graphics more refinements. That new clutch would be awesome. Think they could come up with a lighter better version of t motion. 180hp and 25lbs less would be stellar combo with the t3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamMasta

Reaction score
New injectors for the e-tec2 coming out for better fuel atomization at a higher pressure, that will give better fuel eco, emissions and HP. I also see the new clutch making it out on some of the new sleds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom