2017 Skidoo Summit?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im the best rider on the planet. If anyone disagrees with me I challenge them to a ride-off and then a fist fight with my dad afterwards.

Holy moly , I'm out !! Fist fighting sounds scarey.

bourgon

Reaction score
Every one talks about liter liter liter! It scares the crap out of me hay I want a 250 hp 120 pound sled that holds no snow! But sooner or later something got to give! Seen a pro 2 weeks ago not sure what happened but the toneale was bent and he had a gas can on the back looked like it just bent from a hard ride down the trail! Every one talks about how lite they are maybe to lite! Just a thought.
i heard about a big bore kit 872 from a few people in the last year!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see how a 1000cc engine is going to be considerably heavier? Doesn't take much to stretch the block out some. Unless they have to do upgrades all over to support the new power? But you see turbos pushing way more with no problems.
Balance shafts or it shakes the chassis apart like the cat 1000.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would like too see a 445 lb dry 174 x3 special edition t3 it can be done with different headlight tech and possible a belt drive all the manufactures in the two smoke 800 game are putting out good power with Polaris yet to show durability but that may happen. cat needs to clean up there 800 and they have the tech to do that.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, not to hijack but why do they need a balance shaft in the larger CC? Can"t put enough crank counterweight for the piston/rod combo?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, not to hijack but why do they need a balance shaft in the larger CC? Can"t put enough crank counterweight for the piston/rod combo?
I'm no expert but I read somewhere it has to do with the inherent imbalance of a twin and swinging pistons that big and heavy.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I read somewhere it has to do with the inherent imbalance of a twin and swinging pistons that big and heavy.
yes that makes sense i think if someone steps up in displacement it will be in the 860cc range

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone wants better clutching? I don't see anything wrong with the current clutching. I wonder if you would ever see the 900 ace 4-stroke with a factory turbo option? They offer turbos in both the UTV and seadoos I doubt it will be long before we see it in the snowmobile segment. Again we can all dream.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doo clutches get hot, this is a sign of lost power

I don't understand why everyone wants better clutching? I don't see anything wrong with the current clutching. I wonder if you would ever see the 900 ace 4-stroke with a factory turbo option? They offer turbos in both the UTV and seadoos I doubt it will be long before we see it in the snowmobile segment. Again we can all dream.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This would be a hit, the 900ace engine is only 15lbs heavier than a 800cc etec. So place that in the XM chassis with 4 stroke... I'd ride it for a 15lbs penalty and factory turbo, and I am sure many others would too. It is something at least realistic to hope for.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This would be a hit, the 900ace engine is only 15lbs heavier than a 800cc etec. So place that in the XM chassis with 4 stroke... I'd ride it for a 15lbs penalty and factory turbo, and I am sure many others would too. It is something at least realistic to hope for.
So it would be closer to 35lbs heavier at least give or take with a turbo then. For an engine that only makes 90hp, I can't see it working out. Even with boost.

I wonder what a 1200 engine weighs? That would put in the same playing field as the Viper and Cat at 130hp.

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it would be closer to 35lbs heavier at least give or take with a turbo then. For an engine that only makes 90hp, I can't see it working out. Even with boost.

I wonder what a 1200 engine weighs? That would put in the same playing field as the Viper and Cat at 130hp.

With exhaust manifold attached and intake, a 1200 pre ITC weighs 134 lbs. 800 Etec weighs about 89 lbs. 900 is right in the middle, I haven't weighed one, but understand it's around 106 lbs. It will never make 200+hp. The internals, while great for 90-110hp, are not designed for it. The 1200 is so overdesigned, it's not even funny...that motor can make 300hp on pump with only a headshim in place. Rods/pistons, etc aren't really needed until you start looking North of 350-400hp.

If Doo plans to do something with a 4S, while I love the benefits of a 3 cylinder, I could only forsee a narrow 2 cylinder giving us the body width we are after. I will never say never as I doubt many of us expected factory turbocharged side by sides either.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
New clutch

PBSKI-MY16-pDrive_02.jpg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure a T3 with new clutch, coil overs in the skid, more efficient belt drive, and BNG's would sell. Buys them a couple years with the current chassis and even engine package. I've seen a few of the "special sauce" C3/Raptor/SLP/Martins T3's out there this year, the pitch was a "25 thousand dollar sled for 19ish"

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if that new clutch would fit on the current crank shaft?

To the point of a major overhaul (chassis/suspension/engine/clutch everything) I think you can rule that out based on current market conditions. (inventory carryover being the result/problem) I am hoping for what others have said. The torsion springs and primary clutch should have went the way of the dodo years ago.
Now, Lets all come together as a group and agree to never talk about "this being THE YEAR Doo offers factory turbos on 2strokes or 4'. A 900ace Turbo summit would be the 2017 version of those stupid yamaha turbo phazers people thought would be cool 10 years ago. If they did this, I would short BRP stock so fast. We know better than this. Time to move on. 150hp 800 2 strokes are going to be here FOREVER!!!!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if that new clutch would fit on the current crank shaft?

Yes they will. I believe that the race team is running them this year but they're even harder to get than the race TRA's right now. Hopefully there are more available next year regardless of whether they make the production sled or not!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they will. I believe that the race team is running them this year but they're even harder to get than the race TRA's right now. Hopefully there are more available next year regardless of whether they make the production sled or not!
We have tried to get them and so has Baker Chris. They are not available till next year for purchase.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To make the most of the additional power, the Valcourt Race Shop matched the engine with a completely new high performance pDrive primary clutch. This new pDrive is designed to reduce friction, reduce weight, tighten tolerances, allow for more consistent RPM delivery, require less maintenance and last longer. To accomplish this the specialty racing pDrive clutch features unique elements like fast and friction free dual rollers to transfer torque in place of traditional sliding buttons, the renowned BRP exclusive adjustable clickers – only this time applied to flyweights, needle bearings in oversize rollers and a compact open design that’s also 11mm narrower. The new clutch and new clutch cover combine to reduce belt operating temperature by 68° F (20° C).

i like the cooler running temps for sure,

Top Bottom