2017 Skidoo Summit?

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the s#!t storms these threads bring. I've been raised a Polaris guy, but Doo always seemed to be ahead of the game, and this year seems to be no exception. On the other hand, I know that I probably would be happy with any of the new platforms (2013+) once getting used to it.

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found some good pics of the tunnel. Sorry to derail this thread I'll try to stay on topic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 345

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a guy who posts a thread seeming sore over the bashing, you sure seem to dish it out.

It's interesting how even with all that extra horsepower and track, a doo is hard pressed to keep up when things get sketchy, let alone make a pro look stupid.

The new doo has a lot of good ideas. Had polaris not set the bar for weight, I'm betting no one else would be following suit. Polaris was the first to offer the wide open boards, looks like doo is following suit on that as well. Why is the new doo a little narrower? Could it be to mimic the Pro??

Companies feed off one another, learning from what works and what doesn't.

This is a doo thread and i shall defend it with my best of bashes. If it makes you feel better the new doo front end looks brutal and i have to keep reminding myself.. function over fashion.

As for keeping up... its all about rider and very little to do with machine these days as all moderns sleds can rip in the right hands.

As for ideas.... lightweight is not an idea, narrow is not an idea... unless you can patent it. How many patents will you find on the new doo 850 engine/ clutch and cooler.

cheers

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Listen to some of the comments from last night there is more patients on this new sled than any before.. And eight years till a patient is over.. That's when poo can copy it

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No !
This new doo has Polaris tec all over it
except motor and tunnel - front suspension witch is realy old (needs zbros to fix like the rmk)
doo the comparissn to poo now from 2011-2015 pro rmk
dont just love what u know and have been ridding know all sled tec

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Listen to some of the comments from last night there is more patients on this new sled than any before.. And eight years till a patient is over.. That's when poo can copy it

Which part would they want to copy exactly? Since 2011, the Summit is starting to look more like the RMK, then the other way around. Is Polaris gaining weight to copy Doo? Is Polaris moving the steering to a more horizontal axis like the Doo? I wonder if it's perhaps the auxillary injectors, that was introduced long ago, to make up for the short comings of factory ones? It's also interesting how the Liberty engine seems to run better with boost, and the e-tech not so much. The 850 seems to have addressed those issues, but time will tell. Seems many of the Doo guys wanted a belt drive- I wonder why that is?

Some of you guys are unreal. It's like your ****ing hypnotized. Doo makes a good product. But so does everyone else. But Doo definitely has some shortcomings- just like the rest.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Not really sure you are allowed to talk like that on snow and skidoo dot com.
Which part would they want to copy exactly? Since 2011, the Summit is starting to look more like the RMK, then the other way around. Is Polaris gaining weight to copy Doo? Is Polaris moving the steering to a more horizontal axis like the Doo? I wonder if it's perhaps the auxillary injectors, that was introduced long ago, to make up for the short comings of factory ones? It's also interesting how the Liberty engine seems to run better with boost, and the e-tech not so much. The 850 seems to have addressed those issues, but time will tell. Seems many of the Doo guys wanted a belt drive- I wonder why that is?

Some of you guys are unreal. It's like your ****ing hypnotized. Doo makes a good product. But so does everyone else. But Doo definitely has some shortcomings- just like the rest.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2017 New Summit

Does anyone know if there are demo rides scheduled or about to be scheduled that were so successful for the 2015 t3. I looked on the doo site but only found viewings down east.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I wasn't aware that the etec's didn't run as well on boost. Thats not what I'm hearing from Boost It, Impulse, Aerocharger and Boon docker Troy? Lol

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that the etec's didn't run as well on boost. Thats not what I'm hearing from Boost It, Impulse, Aerocharger and Boon docker Troy? Lol

Check out Freds thread on it. Something about the rods breaking, and only under boost. I guess I should have been more clear- they run really well, just seem to come apart while dooing so.
I wasn't aware of it either, but seems like a pretty big deal I guess.

Here it is if you like. https://www.snowandmud.com/ski-doo-turbo/95664-con-rods-breaking-turbo-motors.html

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Freds thread on it. Something about the rods breaking, and only under boost. I guess I should have been more clear- they run really well, just seem to come apart while dooing so.
I wasn't aware of it either, but seems like a pretty big deal I guess.

Here it is if you like. https://www.snowandmud.com/ski-doo-turbo/95664-con-rods-breaking-turbo-motors.html
I was told that the guys breaking rods are to greedy for the big numbers. I was told 5-6lbs is very manageable on an etec engine and 10 is not. For the guys that want to run the big boost the rod change out is highly recommended

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2017 New Summit

HAHAHAHA This thread is retarded. Im gonna long track and turbo an old John deere Spitfire just so I don't have to pick a side/brand with all you Gomers. HAHAHA Cheers boys

I would recommend the 440 Liquidfire for this project , ideally 1976 vintage.
Not only will you look good in the parking lot, you will be Master of the meadows, and King of the straight up climbs.
The 2017's don't stand a chance......

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Several turboed doos almost 10000kms, and only freshened top end once... Won't find a poo with that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got some proof to back up that statement, both ways ? From what I've heard, Poo's love boost and live long lives on boost. 10,000 km is a long life for any 2 stroke. 10K boosted is impressive. Proof of kms. and boost levels please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Top Bottom