2017 Skidoo Summit?

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told that the guys breaking rods are to greedy for the big numbers. I was told 5-6lbs is very manageable on an etec engine and 10 is not. For the guys that want to run the big boost the rod change out is highly recommended

Really only 5-6lbs?? What kind of HP does that give you? Hardly seems worth it. I thought the turboed cats were running 10-12 lbs.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2017 New Summit

Buddies of mine where on it today out around the shuswap. Still waiting for the "report" other than "It was ok" with a winkie face behind it. Last time they said that we all bought 2013's lol.

Does anyone know if there are demo rides scheduled or about to be scheduled that were so successful for the 2015 t3. I looked on the doo site but only found viewings down east.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really only 5-6lbs?? What kind of HP does that give you? Hardly seems worth it. I thought the turboed cats were running 10-12 lbs.
Might not be huge power, but at elevation they would still be pushing nearly the same power as at sea level, no loss like a NA motor. So it would be a huge difference in the hills.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might not be huge power, but at elevation they would still be pushing nearly the same power as at sea level, no loss like a NA motor. So it would be a huge difference in the hills.

Yep, and it's not like any of the other manufactures can run more then 5lbs without breaking rods........

Oh wait....

Anyway, back on track. Anyone have some snowcheck deals to post yet?
And why isn't the blue and yellow a Summit color? That to me would be a better choice then the orange and white.

Last edited:

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow.. my dick is bigger!! Time for little wee man to grow up. It's a fun sport... until dicks show up!!

If that was directed at me it was just an honest question. I thought all the 2 stroke turbos were running more boost than 5-6 lbs. Just didn't seem like a huge number to me I guess. Sorry you were so offended FFS

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few things here.. Find out what the hp per pound of boost is on the cat or poo, pretty sure you will see a nice jump on those numbers on the doo..

been out win boosted poos, but no boosted cats.. And say I will stick with the lower boosted doos, as for rods breaking yes we have some under higher boost, some guys not..

throw ow a leg over a boosted 6 lb doo and climb a ulgy.. Let me know after if you think it needs more..

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Boost lb #'s are like pin weight in the clutch .IMO
People want to talk about big #'s when others using less can come up with same result and make it work as good or better.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2017 New Summit

Buddies of mine where on it today out around the shuswap. Still waiting for the "report" other than "It was ok" with a winkie face behind it. Last time they said that we all bought 2013's lol.

So you all enjoy trail sleds?

Figured this thread went to hell. May as well keep stirring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I've always wondered about- is why those that defend their brand the most are usually always the ones that never ride a stock, or close to stock sled. And this goes for either of the usual 2 in these conflicts.

If 5 lbs was enough boost for a doo was enough to crush everyone else, then why are guys building rods to squeeze more out? Because it's never enough. It's that 'never enough' that pushes everyone to be better. You guys should be thankful the pro can do so much with so little, because it causes your engineers to build a better product. And I'm glad doo offers a great product, because it pushed Polaris to be better. It would be a awful boring place if we had companies sharing tunnels and engines...

Competition is good, and as much as some don;t want to admit it- BRP needs Polaris to succeed, as much as Polaris needs BRP to.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone confirm if shock configurations have changed from previous xm. Brand new full set of raptors and would be a shame I could swap over.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not to worried about the ugly front end. It's kind of like Rachel notley I just keep telling myself I only have to deal with it for 4 years

Half these guys need to look in the mirror.

It looks fine to me. Won't see it smashing through pow in the trees anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: OK.. Fresh thoughts, new machine the new summit..

Isn't the hard to pull over the bigger magnetos required for fuel injection?
Ptec ? easy and etec is a pull when cold in comparison.
Both same compression .

Yes that was my point, this new engine puts out way more current at idle so I figure the stator is much bigger and therefore will be harder to spin over.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: OK.. Fresh thoughts, new machine the new summit..

Yes that was my point, this new engine puts out way more current at idle so I figure the stator is much bigger and therefore will be harder to spin over.
just saw a vid dave norona posted with the BRP engineer where he says there is less magnetic drag on the new 850

Top Bottom