2014 Yamaha Viper

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally a break from poo vs doo!!! Lol yammy sales been slidn off. Cat cant compete wit doo and poo. Yammy has good 4stroke tech and cat is slowly headn down that path aswell so makes sense for them to team up. End of story. Im sure one day it will be all 4 strokes but untill then give me a 2 stroke ne day.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starting to sound like someones Sippy Cup is leaking doolaid in here...

Well you got 1000people watching this thread about a yamaha engine in a short track Artic cat Chassis... Though it was time to start talking about some real mountain sleds? lol My Bad....

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starting to sound like someones Sippy Cup is leaking doolaid in here...
I think this is because like it or not they actually have the best available stock form mountain machine this season, not just my opinion, we have all in our group and all agree minus on super brand lotta cat and poo guy the rest of us have all found the same in our machine swapping. Not one xm breakdown yet, super responsive, lots of power, best mileage, just a great sled, I still love my cats but bragging up the m chassis will make me sound like the freak lol fact is they were a great sled now they're heavily outdated, the pro climb handles decent and lots of power, no breakdowns, but not the handling of the others, pro feels light and agile but like its has no balls in the deep and we've seen a driveshaft and belt failure, brand loyalty is the only reason anyone could argue the xm being the best machine available.....this from a no loyalty group who rides trees meadows pulls climbs and even the odd trail ride with our families,

Reaction score
Anywho the doo guys sure know how to ruin a thread. ill walk up n down your xm all day in the trees n in the hills. the truth is yamaha is not a stupid company and the fact that the two companys are working together to bring 4stroke tech in to compatition is a great thing. im a 2stroke guy dont get me wrong, Cat will come out with there direct injection 2stroke to clean it up a bit but the fact is they all burn oil and untill they can set up a 2stroke to just use oil in the crankcase they're gone in the near future.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally a break from poo vs doo!!! Lol yammy sales been slidn off. Cat cant compete wit doo and poo. Yammy has good 4stroke tech and cat is slowly headn down that path aswell so makes sense for them to team up. End of story. Im sure one day it will be all 4 strokes but untill then give me a 2 stroke ne day.

Cat can't compete with doo or poo? Are you high?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I think this is because like it or not they actually have the best available stock form mountain machine this season, not just my opinion, we have all in our group and all agree minus on super brand lotta cat and poo guy the rest of us have all found the same in our machine swapping. Not one xm breakdown yet, super responsive, lots of power, best mileage, just a great sled, I still love my cats but bragging up the m chassis will make me sound like the freak lol fact is they were a great sled now they're heavily outdated, the pro climb handles decent and lots of power, no breakdowns, but not the handling of the others, pro feels light and agile but like its has no balls in the deep and we've seen a driveshaft and belt failure, brand loyalty is the only reason anyone could argue the xm being the best machine available.....this from a no loyalty group who rides trees meadows pulls climbs and even the odd trail ride with our families,
I GET IT!!! Infact I AM a doo guy. I just don't go so far as sticking my weeny in the gas tank hole every time I see it in my garage like you guy's. Just let this yamaha thread die a heavy death on its own...

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats cuz yamaha's are fatt and heavy ! U need a d9 to pull those things out of the bush ...

no you just need a real sled to be your tow vehical willy and by that i dont mean your daddy(lhf) 1160

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i get it!!! Infact i am a doo guy. I just don't go so far as sticking my weeny in the gas tank hole every time i see it in my garage like you guy's. Just let this yamaha thread die a heavy death on its own...

now sum. Keep your weiner in your pants buddy. The gas tank is no glory hole....

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There isnt really any debate..lol Ive got U telling me that they need a top end by 5000k (which isnt a big deal to do any way) And friends I ride with every week, and guys that rent 10 of these out, that have way more k's then that with 0 issues.So I know my opion on this.

Id rather rebuild a motor every 1000k than ride that artic/yamaha tank, you can ride what ever want,I bet you dont ride an etec tho...lol

LOL sure sure.....

I'm riding a custom built yamaha right now. gotta extend the track more, right now its got a front mount and custom exhaust, custom intake. lightweight seat and some high riser bars, custom paint. Pics attached.

Take a good look, because this is the only time you'll ever see the front of it.....

Attachments

• mod bravo.jpg
    mod bravo.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 347
  • mod bravo1.jpg
    mod bravo1.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 345
  • bravo.png
    bravo.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 353
  • bravo front.jpg
    bravo front.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 356

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL sure sure.....

I'm riding a custom built yamaha right now. gotta extend the track more, right now its got a front mount and custom exhaust, custom intake. lightweight seat and some high riser bars, custom paint. Pics attached.

Take a good look, because this is the only time you'll ever see the front of it.....

Plus headlight delete kit....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL sure sure.....

Thats a pretty sweet unit.But you cant compare that to a stock sled, apples and oranges. When you ride the same sled for 150,000kms you want it to look that nice tho.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
LOL sure sure.....

Now I know where Polaris got their seat design from.....lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was and my brother-in-law was at 2100 km

What was worn out on it? The motor or the entire sled?No Warranty? Shitty deal... If you happenen to be throwing out your disposible sleds Ill take them off your hands for you.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Food for thought.....

I'm on the fence about ordering a viper, or an xm. My local Yamaha dealer absolutely flat out rocks, and his service means a lot.

The mountain hasn't changed. For the most part, neither have the riders. I, and I'm sure most of you, have ridden multiple machines in the hills. Its interesting to note that 15 years ago, I started in the mountains with a bone stock 96 powder special. Arguably one of the worst sleds ever. Had a friggin BLAST.

Then, I switched to a number of 700 rmks, and had a blast.

Then, I bought a m8. Had a friggin blast.

I'm all for brand bashing and brand loyalty, but in the end, I think we all ride because ITS A BLAST! Most fun you can have with your pants on. Guaranteed.

That being said, I, for one, will be thinking long and hard about buying one of these, having a dealer that absolutely ROCKS, and still having a blast on a sled that I'm sure will still be better than that pos cat I had.

In my mind, its the ride that matters. Not the sled.

Bash away. Just something to think about.

bourgon

Reaction score

I rode with an eteck on the weekend and had to tow him out on Saturday and he was the first to run out of fuel on sunday. Not saying it is not out their but I have never seen a doo with more than 5000 k on the first motor. My doo I had to get towed out 3 times and once across the feild at home in 3200 k my yammy with boost not yet with 2100 nock on wood!

Top Bottom