2014 Pro RMK 800 Ride Report - 1000 kms

minnow10

Reaction score
HAHA, I like Doo, fit, finish, warranty, power, Canadian made, etc. Rides like a Cadillac. Although I don't want a Cadillac on the side of a cliff and the company I keep all think they are mountain goats.

FYI the engines are not Canadian made!!!

BRP-Powertrain [SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] (until 2008 BRP-Rotax GmbH & Co. KG), commonly known simply as Rotax, is an Austrian engine manufacturer, owned by the Canadian .

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know Lund personally... Was poking fun at him

You do realize it is very hard to distinguish relationships of people through a keyboard. Everyone just sees it as another d'bag on a forum, with a big swinging dick hitting the keyboard to type.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do realize it is very hard to distinguish relationships of people through a keyboard. Everyone just sees it as another d'bag on a forum, with a big swinging dick hitting the keyboard to type.

Did u read my post

Pretty easy to see I know him... Even with his comment back

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI the engines are not Canadian made!!!

BRP-Powertrain [SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] (until 2008 BRP-Rotax GmbH & Co. KG), commonly known simply as Rotax, is an Austrian engine manufacturer, owned by the Canadian .

Ya, we all know that, let the Austrians do what they do best.

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
Great Thread!! Love my 14 pro 163", best sled ive ever ridden that suits my riding style. Fit and finish could be better but I'll take the good and the bad. I love the direction that Polaris has taken in the mountain segment and I will continue to support them. Thought i'd be more excited for the 2015 release but after riding the 14 i hope they dont change much or anything in the chassis department. Some more ponies would nice tho...:cool: oh and a factory tether.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Thread!! Love my 14 pro 163", best sled ive ever ridden that suits my riding style. Fit and finish could be better but I'll take the good and the bad. I love the direction that Polaris has taken in the mountain segment and I will continue to support them. Thought i'd be more excited for the 2015 release but after riding the 14 i hope they dont change much or anything in the chassis department. Some more ponies would nice tho...:cool: oh and a factory tether.[/QUOTE

Would you want a factory tether if you could have this: Phantom Teth-Air - YouTube

Okay. I wanted to wait before releasing details but we also need to hear some feedback.

Final design to be 2/3 size

User selectable delay for Roll Over Switch and Proximity Sensor (no transmitter required)
Tachometer set point also user selectable (RPM where system is armed see blue LED)
All settings via infrared remote control.

Aiming for 2015 release. Pricing TBA

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Thread!! Love my 14 pro 163", best sled ive ever ridden that suits my riding style. Fit and finish could be better but I'll take the good and the bad. I love the direction that Polaris has taken in the mountain segment and I will continue to support them. Thought i'd be more excited for the 2015 release but after riding the 14 i hope they dont change much or anything in the chassis department. Some more ponies would nice tho...:cool: oh and a factory tether.[/QUOTE

Would you want a factory tether if you could have this: Phantom Teth-Air - YouTube

Okay. I wanted to wait before releasing details but we also need to hear some feedback.

User selectable delay for Roll Over Switch and Proximity Sensor (no transmitter required)
Tachometer set point also user selectable (RPM where system is armed see blue LED)

I got to try his prototype out

Pretty cool stuff guys , best thing it's real sensitive or not, depending on what u want

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also bought XM yesterday, tested it against PRO and confirming that Poo pulls harder, better acceleration. Skido looks cooler. better finish, and very easy to start.
Riding together with my wife we both agreed that RMK better suits man, Summit better for female riders. It less aggressive, more easy to steer, and very steady and predictable.
Skidoo rear susp. is sucks.
Both sleds have pros and cons

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also bought XM yesterday, tested it against PRO and confirming that Poo pulls harder, better acceleration. Skido looks cooler. better finish, and very easy to start.
Riding together with my wife we both agreed that RMK better suits man, Summit better for female riders. It less aggressive, more easy to steer, and very steady and predictable.

That is a very similar concluession i came up with.
For the wife the XM would be better suited, while the Pro is much more specific.
Yes i agree the Doo suspension sucks, but then over the years i've owned Doo's i never had one with a good suspension. Everyone i replaced with aftermarket skids to improve them, so that was no surprise to me. Though i do like the Etech.
Going to meet with the Dealer on Tuesday to try come up with a final deal.......Polaris dealer....haha

rmscustom

Reaction score

Yep, I know a couple of girls tearing it up on the XM. So easy to initiate a sidehill and they don't go in the places where the Pro really shines over the XM... Sometimes I regret getting the Pro for the GF (even though she does really well on it) but 2 sleds that take the same parts and tooling is a huge bonus for me.

PINandPRAY

Reaction score

Hey Teth I dont live to far from ya, Id be more than happy to be apart of the product testing for ya :cool:? Cuz i want one now lol.

Last edited:

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a very similar concluession i came up with.
For the wife the XM would be better suited, while the Pro is much more specific.
Yes i agree the Doo suspension sucks, but then over the years i've owned Doo's i never had one with a good suspension. Everyone i replaced with aftermarket skids to improve them, so that was no surprise to me. Though i do like the Etech.
Going to meet with the Dealer on Tuesday to try come up with a final deal.......Polaris dealer....haha
OH, Interesting! Not gonna wait to see what MY 2015 has to offer?

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got about 5000 miles on it now. compression was low at 3700 miles so i took it in and there was some scoring on the cyl walls. Polaris replaced the cyl block and pistons. The exhaust temp sensor failed last spring, an exhaust bellow ripped last spring also. Broke one primary spring,wore out the 62g primary weight bushings which rubbed into the spider so I replaced the entire primary clutch. Had to re-set the TPS once. Other than that-this sled has been awesome.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have 5000 MILES on your 2014?? WOW!
Sorry about the motor problems...

Ive got about 5000 miles on it now. compression was low at 3700 miles so i took it in and there was some scoring on the cyl walls. Polaris replaced the cyl block and pistons. The exhaust temp sensor failed last spring, an exhaust bellow ripped last spring also. Broke one primary spring,wore out the 62g primary weight bushings which rubbed into the spider so I replaced the entire primary clutch. Had to re-set the TPS once. Other than that-this sled has been awesome.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Teth I dont live to far from ya, Id be more than happy to be apart of the product testing for ya :cool:? Cuz i want one now lol.

We are looking for a new Cat and Viper to make sure the tachometer works with them and also to make sure we find out what electrical connectors we will need. We will not give away one of our proto-types for this help but we will give away a couple of Cordless Teth-Airs for this help. So if you know anyone in the Calgary area with these 2 sleds, let us know.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one that thinks they are both pretty nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 181
Top Bottom