2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$99 per room , Summit River Lodge Vacation Speacial from Feb 24-March 5 while Lisa and I are in Cuba . My Nephew Dan and son Brandon will be looking after the lodge (so they say lol) , sorry we will not be offering any meals during these dates but accomadations for $99 per room or cabin dbl occupancy . $25 per extra person in same room or cabin.
Call 250-566-9933
Let it snow , let it snow.
Ride safe everyone .

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

Last edited:

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleded Allan on Saturday and clemina on Sunday never seen Allan so pounded.... Clemina had more fresh snow and found it ok in the trees and off the cow paths see guys where riden the edge of Dixon and down the elevator ..... Thought that's closed till March 1??? Any one no???still good snow at clemina...

gilligan609

Reaction score
Rode Allan Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Definitely tracked out but we were able to find somewhat untouched each day. With the sun shining it was easy to venture around to find areas to play. Would also like to thank Terry, Lisa and the boys at Summit River Lodge. Your hospitality was amazing and the food even better. Can't wait to get back down for another adventure.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And it continues… high pressure systems are bringing sunny and moderately cool temperatures to the valley which is protecting what little snow we have left on the lower portions of our access trails. Staging areas are dry although the snowline is still accessible directly from the collections shacks. The upper portions of our trails are holding up well as they are actually setting up and handing a decent amount of riders. There are some icy patches developing on some steeper corners so pay attention to what is coming up in front of you while traveling up and down the trail.

We may receive some minimal precipitation over the next two days although the forecast is calling for clear skies well through the upcoming weekend.

Please remember that while you are searching for snow, many of our areas are surrounded by wildlife habitat or protected ski terrain, so please be certain of where you are in all times in relation to any restrictions.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dixon is usually closed until some time in April.

Yes the DIXON GLACIER is closed. The area historically known as the windtunnels is OPEN to the public and yes you need to go down the elevator to get to it. The key here is sledder compliance to remain off the lake and the glacier or we know what will happen and it will be gone for ever. The large "razor back" separating the wind tunnels and the lake is the closure line and is signed accordingly.

There is a file on our website under the Clemina tab that will open up the areas linage in Google Earth.

Ride safe

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have a good set of scratchers (3" tracked sleds especially). The snow is pretty hard and I overheated my T3 today going into Chappell. Come on Mother Nature, give us a snow reload!!

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allen is the worst don't both, we did it, back back back and nothing but concrete. Maybe a pull here or there. Needs snow badly

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super last minute, but I have had two last minute cancellations for my AST course this weekend.

Class sessions at 630 tonight and tomorrow at the Best Western with the field day on Sunday.

Contact me if you are interested in getting some avy savy this weekend

*****Also have tomorrow available for guiding should anyone need it. Best suited for a group of two or three that would want a technical day in the trees.

Last edited:

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone in town have a diamond drive for an 09-11 m8? My buddie's cratered in Allen creek today and there's no way we're gonna be able to tow it up the icy hills.

B-ryden

Reaction score
Any updates on Clemina or Allen? My sister and brother in law are out for a visit from the east coast to try mountian sledding... I think they have more pow back home!

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Clemina on Friday and Saturday. We found some untouched areas in the much higher elevations. But the main areas are all tracked out. Scratchers on the trail is a must in the morning. Definitely have to go adventuring to find the untouched areas.

The parking lot is all gravel. The groomer was nice to leave a ring around the whole parking lot for the sleds to ride to the ticket booth.

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rip Clemina this weekend past, not much fresh pow, unless you get up high on the hills, even then it's skinny, great conditions for exploring new areas. Talked to guys who went to the very back of Allan, they said was a waste of time.

killerrf

Reaction score
Any updates on Clemina or Allen? My sister and brother in law are out for a visit from the east coast to try mountian sledding... I think they have more pow back home!
i think the east coast has twice the normal snow fall this year. the west has gotten the short end of the stick this winter.
but usually what goes around comes around.

Top Bottom