2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I've been gone for 8 days in Cuba , I prayed and danced everyday that when I got home to valemount we would be buried in snow , well there's only 36 hrs left till I hit mount Robson , I'm still dancing and praying for snow well praying thank god this trip is done my liver can't handle anymore alcoholism, oh wait a minute the lodge is like Cuba but with snow .

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

cowboytb

Reaction score
I know everybody heard this all to much were is the snow ... Hotel is booked for the 20th to 26th there is 4 of us coming out no matter what we will be out but what do we have to sacrifice to make the snow gods send snow.... Has anybody found any snow I know people say this is the time to do exploring the areas even if it's tracked out but let's hope it snows PLEASE SNOW if people have picks of them being out lately please post pictures say a thousand words Thx

BIGTUNA118

Reaction score
Heading out to Renshaw tonight and riding tomorrow. Will search for the stuff and send pics. It has been snowing since last night there and more in the forecast.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe this year was off to such a rocky start and never picked up, it usually dumps in late January and all of February so march is premo riding. This year looks like one of the worst I've ever seen for snow

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

nosaj82

Reaction score
Rode Allan Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Definitely tracked out but we were able to find somewhat untouched each day. With the sun shining it was easy to venture around to find areas to play. Would also like to thank Terry, Lisa and the boys at Summit River Lodge. Your hospitality was amazing and the food even better. Can't wait to get back down for another adventure.

Too-shay! Terry, Lisa and the boys were awesome. Definatly valemounts best keep secret is at summit river lodge. Amazing food and hospitality and we will be back.

Thanks Terry, Lisa and boys. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Cuba.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too-shay! Terry, Lisa and the boys were awesome. Definatly valemounts best keep secret is at summit river lodge. Amazing food and hospitality and we will be back.

Thanks Terry, Lisa and boys. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Cuba.

Thanks guys , thanks for checking us out . Let's hope for more snow next time. Just got back from Cuba it was awesome .

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

cowboytb

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been riding or has pic of conditions ? I have a group of us planing a trip out that way for end of month some coming from sk for 6 days we have had it booked in jan hoping like everybody that the snow would come by March as the day come closer I wonder if it's worth spending the money but then again spring riding is better then nothing .. Any info would be appreciated. Fingers still crossed hoping for snow..

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is post today of a 10 minute video and links to the pics of riding today by Depsnolvr.

\Sometimes just reading the thread helps... LOL

Just wondering if anyone has been riding or has pic of conditions ? I have a group of us planing a trip out that way for end of month some coming from sk for 6 days we have had it booked in jan hoping like everybody that the snow would come by March as the day come closer I wonder if it's worth spending the money but then again spring riding is better then nothing .. Any info would be appreciated. Fingers still crossed hoping for snow..

cowboytb

Reaction score
Thx I did see the video I like to get a couple of pics sometimes people don't always tell the truth but if u see that more then one person saying the same thing then it has to be true Thx for the reply

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx I did see the video I like to get a couple of pics sometimes people don't always tell the truth but if u see that more then one person saying the same thing then it has to be true Thx for the reply

Get what you are saying sort of...(but not sure how a 10minute video and pictures can lie....)

Either way like I said, the riding is good if you are prepared to get out of your normal to find snow....if you are not, then expect very very spring like conditions especially as the temperatures are forecasted to warm further this week.

cowboytb

Reaction score
Thx for the update it has been a terrible winter.. And you have to search for snow more this year then most but like you said get off the beaten path we will be up there on the 22nd no matter what a bad day sledding beats a good day at work :cool:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great weekend. one of my better rides this year the sun was out and the temps were mild. Snow is extremely variable from windblown ice to 1" of fresh to 1+ft of fresh. champagne pow to ice crusts and heavy wet stuff. the wind has swept clear many areas and deposited it in others. however im not sure what it did with the rest of it because we had a more difficult time finding it than usual. need snow bad. Props to varda for still grooming the Allan creek trail it was butter smooth but i dont think she has much time left lots of ice and dirt already surfacing and very thin snow cover on the rest of it and warm temps in the forecast> on the bright side the alpine temps stayed very cool Saturday and Sunday so the snow we did find was great. wish i had a better report but WE NEED SNOW.

10007287_10153198516823112_183325920054970331_o.jpg

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rain! Not sure if that is a good thing or bad.....? The lower trails will not stand up well in these next two days of rain although the Clemina weather station is showing below freezing temperatures so here's hoping the alpine is receiving fresh snow!

We will try to update on the trails some time later this week, but please share our expereiences and information if you have it from your rides this week.

Customer appreciation day is still scheduled for this Saturday at the Clemina Creek area. Comp trail passes and lunch at the cabin!

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great day riding yesterday despite the early spring like conditions. Keyhole is no longer accessible by the cut across from power line, have to use logging road. Clemina trail is still in decent condition starting around kilometre 4. Any lower the trail is opening up to the ground and likely won't last without any more accumulation. Even with the snow set up like spring, still keep avy's in mind, triggered and luckily road out one in who would of thought avalanche alley.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Top Bottom