2013 summit sp 800etec

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went to the dealer the other day to seee about a mbrp can cause thats alll u can have without voiding warranty. there book says trail can but he said if brought a product number in for the race can that they would order one does anybody know the part number for a mbrp race can because i would like a nice rumble and braaaap sound u know. i would love a jaws can but voids warranty. any body have a race can on there sled if so do u like it.

i guess i could just buy the jaws somewhere else and if i need to take sled in just put the stock one back on. or would they know?
it s for a 2013 summit 800 etec. thanks.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went to the dealer the other day to seee about a mbrp can cause thats alll u can have without voiding warranty. there book says trail can but he said if brought a product number in for the race can that they would order one does anybody know the part number for a mbrp race can because i would like a nice rumble and braaaap sound u know. i would love a jaws can but voids warranty. any body have a race can on there sled if so do u like it.

i guess i could just buy the jaws somewhere else and if i need to take sled in just put the stock one back on. or would they know?
it s for a 2013 summit 800 etec. thanks.

Dont know who told u that MBRP can wont void warranty, cuz it will.... Its mostly a dealer decision if they void warranty or not, cuz IN NO WAY did BRP and MBRP partner together to make a "warranty Safe" can..... They did product testing together but BRP wont support it a s can that is suitable for use on their sleds...

Thats crazy talk saying that MBRP is warranty approved, 4 other dealers said its not, and if I have issues I'm supposed to take it off and put suitcase on.... Then another dealer said "what can??" lol

Like I said i think its dealer preference.... but am 99% sure about MBRP cans voiding warranty if BRP has anything to say about it....

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have said many times on this site. Keep it stock and quiet. Some day you will want to ride it around home. If we continue to have LOUD sleds around we will have no place to ride. The motor in your sled is also very technical as well do you want to fiddle with how it runs just to be loud?? Not worth the worry and headache if you somehow do have a problem with the sled. How many times do you want to keep changing out your exhaust just to take it into the dealer. If you put a RACE CAN on it and it has a negative affect on how it runs, you take it back to the dealer with the stock can back on it, how do you expect them to fix the problem when you have already changed the exhaust back.:confused::confused:. JMHO

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the full SLP Y-pipe, exhaust and can with PC V fuel controller. No warranty issues with my dealer.....

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The owner of motion motorsports put the can on my new 2013 pro no prob sounds like your dealer suck ball$

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
90% of the sleds that leave my dealership of choice have a can installed at the dealership. My suitcase muffler has never seen exhaust. Anyone need a mint, unused suitcase muffler for an 800 Etech? I weighed everything I changed on my sled with a digital fish scale: Stock suitcase-18.5lbs
: Specialty Sleds can-3.5 lbs
Oh, and when that front end pops up out of the snow...sweeeeewwwwt!!!!!

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The quiet exhaust ch!t doesn't fly in the mountains, I can see if you only ride around home(farm areas) but I prefer my buddies to have aftermarket exhaust so I can hear where they are. If they are stuck somewhere in the trees there is a better chance if me hearing them than with stock quiet exhaust so I can help them out or vice versa. Someone sounds like they have talked to the slp guys too much, they are anti loud exhaust. Look at all the loud Harley's cruising the streets in the summer. What's the difference?

Johnlov8

Reaction score
I just picked up a new summit and the first thing the dealer offered was a new can, just for the weight loss.

Last edited:

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the MBRP trail can on my 2011 Summit, never had a problem and as for the noise it is quiet as far as aftermarket cans go. It is not that much louder than the stock suitcase pile of weight. And I was also told by my dealer that it will not void warrenty.

Billy Boy:cool:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not every can is obnoxious and loud. I had an MBRP on Chuck Norris Last year! I loved it. It added a little extra zip and dropped the weight of the stock suitcase. This year, I'll have an HPS Can.. same thing.. drop weight add Woo Hooo ness!

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys i hear ya it doesnt make sence why but powermerchants in cold lake ab said that the only can that i can put on my sled with out voiding my warranty is a mbrp to me this sucks but im gonna talk to manager cause this is bullchit the can doesnt change any thing but weight and sound. besides edmonton is there a better skidoo dealer around anybody know what the st paul store is like.

So i guess nobody has a mbrp race can on a 800 etec do they. or can u guys recomend a good can dont want a supper loud can just one with a nice rummble and bark braaaap.lol thanks for the info everybody.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys i hear ya it doesnt make sence why but powermerchants in cold lake ab said that the only can that i can put on my sled with out voiding my warranty is a mbrp to me this sucks but im gonna talk to manager cause this is bullchit the can doesnt change any thing but weight and sound. besides edmonton is there a better skidoo dealer around anybody know what the st paul store is like.

So i guess nobody has a mbrp race can on a 800 etec do they. or can u guys recomend a good can dont want a supper loud can just one with a nice rummble and bark braaaap.lol thanks for the info everybody.

I heard the MBRP can will give you a nice rumble and some bark.;);)

Top Bottom