2013 m1100T need ideas for belt problem

eric mcqueen15

Reaction score
I have a 2013 m1100t and it is very hard on belts. Looking for some ideas of what other people have done to there sled to help out. I have done lots of research on it and there is lots of options to choose from. What's your thoughts?

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 2012 M1100 with the Evo superchute kit on it. I always run it on the 310 hp setting. I bought the sled with the superchute kit and 700 kms on it. The previous owner said that he blew 3 belts so not a really good record. I went ahead and bought the Evo / turbie TCL Delete stage 3 kit and put it on. The stage 3 kit runs around 1200 bucks plus install unless you want to do it yourself if you are good at pulling wrenches. My belt burning problems are now solved. I have a OSP clutch alignment tool which really makes lining them up easier.
The biggest problem with these sleds is clutch alignment. They will not stay aligned mainly because of the chitty stock motor mount rubbers. They allow the motor to move around too much. Also, the stock jackshafts are weak and flex which causes more clutch misalignment and also chain / chaincase problems. The movement and flexing is linked to the motor movement. The stock motor mount tabs are welded onto the front heat exchanger and are known to crack at the welds. The kit replaces these tabs that are known to break. Turbie hit the nail on the head when designing this kit.

I ran this kit last year and am on the same belt. My clutches dont get very hot and belt life is great. I plan on buying a cheaper belt like dayco or gates this year to see how they hold up.
If you plan on keeping your sled and want to juice it up in the future I recommend the getting this kit.

If you want to go this way get ahold of Gene. His user name is justboostit here on the forums. He can set you up. If you have any more questions shoot me a PM. Oh by the way did you upgrade your secondary clutch with a Team or the 14 cat one yet?

Last edited:

eric mcqueen15

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I was going to go with evo tcl delete seems to be the best kit going. No I haven't done the update. Talked to lots of people that have and for the price they charge to get it done at the dealer am going to put that money towards a a team tied clutch.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
The Stage 3 is just over $1500 Cdn and like Scott said you also need the OSP engine snubber to complete the parts for this install. You also have to elimate the clutches as part of the equation as the TCL delete won't help that. If you are doing the install yourself you really do need the OSP parallel tool as you will be measuring 40-50 times by the time you are done and this ensures the same measurement each time. A lot of my customers resell the tool when done but lots keep it to randomly keep checking their sled too. Email me if you need the parts, I stock them all. I am currently waiting for more OSP tools but they are in transit.

FYI this install can be anywhere from 8-10 hours for someone like us that has done over 30. My first time took 21 hours without the OSP tool. It is a very time consuming project and if you are fussy (like you should be doing this) there is a lot of taking apart, adjusting, putting back together, re-measuring etc. Well worth it in the end.

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Stage 3 is just over $1500 Cdn and like Scott said you also need the OSP engine snubber to complete the parts for this install. You also have to elimate the clutches as part of the equation as the TCL delete won't help that. If you are doing the install yourself you really do need the OSP parallel tool as you will be measuring 40-50 times by the time you are done and this ensures the same measurement each time. A lot of my customers resell the tool when done but lots keep it to randomly keep checking their sled too. Email me if you need the parts, I stock them all. I am currently waiting for more OSP tools but they are in transit.

FYI this install can be anywhere from 8-10 hours for someone like us that has done over 30. My first time took 21 hours without the OSP tool. It is a very time consuming project and if you are fussy (like you should be doing this) there is a lot of taking apart, adjusting, putting back together, re-measuring etc. Well worth it in the end.
Well said ^^^. If you attempt the install yourself, take the time and do it right. The TCL delete will do no good if installed incorrectly. Mine wasn't out much, and it still took about 10 hrs - and I am a licenced journeyman mechanic... Gene is a wealth of handy tips / info when tackling this job.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start by making sure you have teh updated Big Fin secondary. Eliminate any chance that the primary is binding and make sure engine is aligned perfectly. Many fixed their issues with these simple steps.

Better jackshaft (even Cats new 2015 shaft is an upgrade).

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they have a 7 tooth driver with weights, springs and helix along with new shaft available from cat for the 1100s. got mine and a 2.6 track on order for this season. this should gear them down and help out with the belts as well.

6000fthigh

Reaction score
when you got it all part weld the coolant tank up or buy one welded then hang on :cool:

M1200turbo

Reaction score
Had Evo big chute kit on. Blew belt after belt. Put osp engine stop and jacks jaft support never blew one after fixed it right up was a 200 dollar fix

psychosledder

Reaction score
Also to stop the ballooning at disengagement put the newer initial softer M8 primary spring out of the 2014-15 model. This drops the engagement down and stops the belt snap you hear,
belts rip in half this way when you are on and off the throttle

Turbofreak

Reaction score
Do yourself a favour brother and get rid of that money pit, if you ride it hard and like to spin 300hp all the previous above mentioned junk only helps a bit..I had $43,000 invested in my super chute 174/3 with every drivetrain mod available, including both TAPP primary and Team secondary, these sleds are belt eaters period..don't be a sucker, mine was %100 in line and belt life went from blowing daily to every other day. Not saying the products won't help at all or that Gene doesn't know what he's talking about, why do you think all these builds with TCL deletes are for sale on kijiji?..just don't want anyone to unnecessarily dump there wallet like I did

• Love
Reactions: FRR

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favour brother and get rid of that money pit, if you ride it hard and like to spin 300hp all the previous above mentioned junk only helps a bit..I had $43,000 invested in my super chute 174/3 with every drivetrain mod available, including both TAPP primary and Team secondary, these sleds are belt eaters period..don't be a sucker, mine was %100 in line and belt life went from blowing daily to every other day. Not saying the products won't help at all or that Gene doesn't know what he's talking about, why do you think all these builds with TCL deletes are for sale on kijiji?..just don't want anyone to unnecessarily dump there wallet like I did
Sorry about your previous luck turbofreak. I would be sour as well if i spent that kinda money and still had that problem. I wonder why mine is not a belt eater with the mods ive done? I am running cat cutches (updated to the big fin secondary because it was cheap) Yep some of these sleds are belt blowers. Im glad i bought the sled i did and not yours. Lol.

rider 1

Reaction score
Just had the evo delete done on my 2014 by Gene and his crew excellent people and they know there cat's also i got the manaual chain tensioner installed with the kit, i highly recommend them.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca

I wish we would have gotten to work on the the TCL part of the install on your sled. Unfortunately we didn't. We have had very good success with TCL delete kits, and and we all know with anything the install makes the parts. The person that bought your sled has already boughten some other parts from me and I'm sure if the sled has issues we will be seeing it soon enough.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for Turbofreak and his issues, but I've a 2013 M1100T that has an EVO Big Chute Turbo kit on it, along with all of the driveline upgrades I felt should be required when running big hp. (Thanks Gene). I did all of the work myself, and have NEVER blown a belt, but did wear one out at 700 mountain miles. No pulled cords, no issues.
As far as Kijiji is concerned,a 4 stroke isn't for everyone (weight), and if you are clutched / geared for the mountains and try to trail ride it locally, you WILL blow belts. "Oprah" is only ridden in the hills, that's what she was made for...

Top Bottom