Mid-Sized SUV's

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we looked seriously at a 2023. test drove one. beauty of a machine. lots of kool features. when it came time to talk turkey thats when it went down hill for us. sticker was 58999.00. sales broad says ya but we sell them for 69999.00. i asked why. she said because we can. if you don't want to pay someone else will. goodbye. went across the street and bought an execline atlas. no hassle!

What do you get for fuel economy in your Atlas? I'm assuming it's the V6?

We're still kinda looking these, there's a few '23s left on the lot discounted down, not sure I'm a fan of everything being in the touchscreen on the '24s, I like buttons.

Toyota is still telling us 3 month lead time. My parents were told the same 3 months but it ended up being 9 months.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you get for fuel economy on your Atlas? I'm assuming it's the V6?

We're still kinda looking these, there's a few '23s left on the lot discounted down, not sure I'm a fan of everything being in the touchscreen on the '24s, I like buttons.

Toyota is still telling us 3 month lead time. My parents were told the same 3 months but it ended up being 9 months.
v6 yes. 11/100 average, 9.5/100 hyway. we were looking at 24's but we don't like everything on the screen. love the heads up display on the new ones. also 4turbo only. no more 6. honestly it could use a tik more pep but overall we really like it. we paid a little extra for 10 year warranty, also a windshield coating, if it cracks they replace it. 4 years oil changes came with. 15000km intervals though so i change it at 7500 and then they do the 15000. to long in my book to go the full 15000. its big, heavy and roomy. feels very planted to the road. wife had a toyota venza prior and loved it but was getting up in miles. went to talk with toy and told us pre order only with a huge deposit. 9-12 month wait and nothing on the lot to test drive. sucks because we do like our toyotas.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we looked seriously at a 2023. test drove one. beauty of a machine. lots of kool features. when it came time to talk turkey thats when it went down hill for us. sticker was 58999.00. sales broad says ya but we sell them for 69999.00. i asked why. she said because we can. if you don't want to pay someone else will. goodbye. went across the street and bought an execline atlas. no hassle!
That's just about 20% over MSRP.... what a joke.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is that? Kids are cool.

No way, having kids sucks these days, school system is a joke so home school is my only option if I chose to have some fun wreckers….. so no god damn way, ain’t no time for that, I have to work way to much just to pay the mortgage and fuel/ energy bills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No way, having kids sucks these days, school system is a joke so home school is my only option if I chose to have some fun wreckers….. so no god damn way

Fair enough. Id like to have a legacy and have my name live on. I got divorced and spent years just being a sled bum in revy.

That was great but, i think a mans purpose in life is to aquire as many resources as possible and have as many children with as many different women as possible. So far im sucking at it, lol. but thats what any alpha males goal would be, weather your a king lion or a bull moose.

Haha.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We’ve got a ‘22 Palisade calligraphy with 67000 km’s on it now. So far problem free & the fuel mileage averages approx 9.6 L/100km. Comfy for driver & passengers. Our son is 6’5 & has enough leg room in the second row. The 3rd row can be a bit cramped for adults but not a problem for kids.

6’5”

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No way, having kids sucks these days, school system is a joke so home school is my only option if I chose to have some fun wreckers….. so no god damn way, ain’t no time for that, I have to work way to much just to pay the mortgage and fuel/ energy bills

Could you imagine bringing up a kind in this fawked up country now

Fk that chit

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a few things you need to really nail down:

-how often do you need more than 5 people? We have a 2018 Enclave, so essentially a traverse. 3rd row and tons of storage, more than non XL Yukon’s. A few times of the year we use the 3rd row but most of them are only for a quick 10 min drive and 1 or 2 times a 1 hour drive. Is it worth h the extra money/fuel for that?
-age of kids: are you in the car seat stage and or stroller? Once you pass that stage your storage in backseat decreases.

We are looking for a replacement for our 2018 and we are fine not having a 3rd row anymore. We sat in the 24 Atlas, I didn’t like the ergonomics. Also back seat cup holders won’t fit any kids water bottles. The simple stuff is what matters with kids…

I think the Explorer is a great setup but wife doesn’t like Ford…. New bigger highlander is great option too, how’s the order lead time? We will look at 24 Acadia/Traverse once pricing comes out on those.
Neighbours down the road have been waiting 2 years for there highlander to show up its insane inwoulda walked away by now

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could you imagine bringing up a kind in this fawked up country now

Fk that chit

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Yep I’m watching almost every single one of my friends and siblings go doing it right now, they try to raise them right and put good morals and common sense into them and the school system rips that right out of them. It’s pathetic, and the curriculum is a shell of what it used to be….. But back on topic, wasn’t the discussion about ugly foreign , hybrid 4 banger SUV’s

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless of what you buy, if I was purchasing a new vehicle, I'd be having a very close look at the fine print. Mfg's are up to all sorts of bs these days.
Toyota was in the spotlight recently for making some features a subscription based model. Imagine one day your remote start doesn't work, only to find out your 'free trial' has ended and its now $10/month to have that feature! BMW was doing the same with heated seats.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43329/toyota-made-its-key-fob-remote-start-into-a-subscription-service

GM also has a long history of collecting and uploading heaps of personal data with their on-star.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...-car-know-about-you-we-hacked-chevy-find-out/

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the worst parts about the long wait time on new vehicle orders, is that after the model year ends, they slide you to the next year, and your price goes up - even if you agreed to a lower price!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like North Edmonton Hyundai. All the Hyundai dealers around Edmonton only wanted to take orders. Found Gary Mo Hyundai in Red Deer had 2 of the Ultimate Calligraphy’s in stock & were willing to sell 1 so we bought the silver. Currently have it service at the Hyundai dealer in Spruce Grove but the service has been sub par to say the least….

gforce_15

Reaction score
wife ran a 2016 Acadia since new and we never had any issues in the 180k we drove it. Had to do brakes, struts, and oil changes. She went with a new Traverse that we've had for just over a year now and its been great as well. Their 3.6L v6 is much better on fuel than historically now paired with a 9 speed and switch to 2wd (older acadia was full time awd). Runs in the 9's L/100km on the highway. Lots of room for our 2 kids with hockey gear and the massive costco runs a few times a year haha
3279d24e51062c81d32d011a47306fef.jpg

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20 Telluride just rolled over 100K on the weekend. It's been really good, rear shocks got replaced at around 40k but that was covered by warranty. Dealer hadn't seen any others with that issue at the time so Idk if it was a fluke or maybe a first year issue. Kia app was free before but recently went to a subscription, honestly the app was so laggy it sucked anyways so we just use the remote start now. My only complaints are technology wise, and probably just because I'm used to driving old beaters but it annoys me when it won't let you lock the vehicle with the sunroof or windows cracked, or when you go to backup out of a parking spot and it beeps or alarms at you because someone else is doing the same thing 30ft away. I never thought I'd own a kia but its the only dealer nearby besides ford/dodge/chev and I wasn't happy with any of their options at the time. We only have 2 kids so the backseat stays folded down most of the time for hockey gear and strollers, but once in a while have 4 kids in the back with no issues.

FanaticalKilla

Reaction score
wife ran a 2016 Acadia since new and we never had any issues in the 180k we drove it. Had to do brakes, struts, and oil changes. She went with a new Traverse that we've had for just over a year now and its been great as well. Their 3.6L v6 is much better on fuel than historically now paired with a 9 speed and switch to 2wd (older acadia was full time awd). Runs in the 9's L/100km on the highway. Lots of room for our 2 kids with hockey gear and the massive costco runs a few times a year haha
View attachment 279303
Did they fix the engine issues on these now? The first Acadias out were atrocious and famous for eating engines bad.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big ole tank with 275 hp. Lol

For that kind of money it should come with the real duramax..
Found you one with some real HP Dan..

Top Bottom