2012 Yamahas?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you think Sledderglen? You are a super mod.....erator? lol. It would be close on ice but I want pics in my 800r ETEC mxz. On hard pack snow that little 340 is gonna suffer some getting out of the blocks because of a lack of torque which the 800 has lot's of. But it would be fun to try it and have a few beers after. Ha Ha! Back to the thread topic I'm pretty sure a boosted Yammy would kick both our butts. :):beer::beer::beer:

Yamahas are heavy for one good reason.......it gives us traction....LOL

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right we are off topic, Yamaha for 2012 really did nothing again. I ride yamaha and they always seem to do the 5 to 7 year thing. So hopefully we will get something new in the mountain scene for 2013. Thats 5 year since intro of the nytro. More hp and ya lighter would be good if it is still as reliable.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha definately has the resources and the know how to build a lightweight clean burning 2 stroke like the XP. It would be neat to talk to someone hgh up in Yamaha marketing to see what their thought process is on why they aren't trying to expand on their 4th place market share. They certainly could change that if they expanded their model portfolio to what the other three manufacturers are currently doing. Without a guy like Randy Swenson doing what he has done for Yamaha in western Canada I'm not sure they are in the game at all in the mountain segment. What are your guys thought? :beer:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha definately has the resources and the know how to build a lightweight clean burning 2 stroke like the XP. It would be neat to talk to someone hgh up in Yamaha marketing to see what their thought process is on why they aren't trying to expand on their 4th place market share. They certainly could change that if they expanded their model portfolio to what the other three manufacturers are currently doing. Without a guy like Randy Swenson doing what he has done for Yamaha in western Canada I'm not sure they are in the game at all in the mountain segment. What are your guys thought? :beer:

All yamaha can sell is peace of mind! Do you really think they care about the MTN rider anymore???, heck they added another 30-50lbs to the Apex for 2011, I have not heard of what that tank of a Nytro weights???? Saw lots a Nytro out last weekend, and it seems only the boosted rider have any luck climbing, stockers do a lot of sitting and watching....

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha has proven they are more reliable than any other manufacturer in the industry. They have also committed to 4 stroke technology only. Every sled yamaha build will meet epa standards. This being said I hope Yamaha will step to the table with a new mountain sled that has 180-190 hp, easily done if they use the apex engine as the r1 is around that hp box stock.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha has proven they are more reliable than any other manufacturer in the industry. They have also committed to 4 stroke technology only. Every sled yamaha build will meet epa standards. This being said I hope Yamaha will step to the table with a new mountain sled that has 180-190 hp, easily done if they use the apex engine as the r1 is around that hp box stock.

I would like to see it happen, so far all they got is a trail sled with power steering! Been the Apex route x2 got rid of those for lighter with same power... But like you said they can do the HP, I don't think they can do the weight comparisons without a chassis redesign..... The Nytro looks nice, sounds good with a pipe and can upgrade but man do they trench....Not everyone wants to fork out for boost either.... C'mon Yamaha maybe 2013 eh

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my boost used still less than a new sled, love it at 12lb in the powder and mine is pretty light ( about as light as you are going to get with an apex). I don't highmark alot and really even at only 12lb nothing other than another turbo is going to go higher. But I would love to see a new mountain sled in 2013 like I said with about 180-190 hp. All we can do is hope. I honestly don't think I can stray from boost now!!!

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my boost used still less than a new sled, love it at 12lb in the powder and mine is pretty light ( about as light as you are going to get with an apex). I don't highmark alot and really even at only 12lb nothing other than another turbo is going to go higher. But I would love to see a new mountain sled in 2013 like I said with about 180-190 hp. All we can do is hope. I honestly don't think I can stray from boost now!!!

I would almost bet my life that my wedge can climb higher than a Yamaha@12lbs boost.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would almost bet my life that my wedge can climb higher than a Yamaha@12lbs boost.

you are comparing your sled to a yamy at 12 PSI ya right but you drive a pu$$y sled! lol my kid rides mine at 12 PSI and he is 10! lol I see you have come out from under your rock......been nice the last month or so!

no disrespect to got boost want snow! you dont have to worry about the rainbow wedge out climbing you........it is all talk and never sees the hills! it a flatlander sled! lol he has about 130 HP at 7000 feet!

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OH, I like!!!! 2 threads going at once. A split screen monitor would be nice right now. :d:d:beer::beer:

TroutHawk

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I'm usually the last guy to get talked into a race or a climb but....I can't even imagine 12 lbs of boost. I ride a 2010 Nytro MTX with a MCX 180 kit installed (180 hp everywhere w/6 lbs boost). My buddy rides a 2011 Cat 800 turbo, supposed to put out 220 hp(both 162's).....wasn't even close at Chappel back in Feb in belly deep pow. So we're out at the lake in March and we did some drag racing, well, that Yammi may be heavy but they've got something figured out. Slapped him out again! I've got a feeling the little fellas riding the 2 strokes will figure it all out once their balls drop and they're man enough to ride that bull! :d

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I'm usually the last guy to get talked into a race or a climb but....I can't even imagine 12 lbs of boost. I ride a 2010 Nytro MTX with a MCX 180 kit installed (180 hp everywhere w/6 lbs boost). My buddy rides a 2011 Cat 800 turbo, supposed to put out 220 hp(both 162's).....wasn't even close at Chappel back in Feb in belly deep pow. So we're out at the lake in March and we did some drag racing, well, that Yammi may be heavy but they've got something figured out. Slapped him out again! I've got a feeling the little fellas riding the 2 strokes will figure it all out once their balls drop and they're man enough to ride that bull! :d

I guess some boys balls will never drop......lol......I love my 18 PSI and want more but it is just to reliable to go more.......got to love the yamys lol

Top Bottom