2012 M1100 Turbo Sno Pro 162"

summit1000

Reaction score
Another happy M1100T owner here as well. My 2013 162 Ltd came from T&T in Bonnyville, have yet to blow a belt. Mine is jacked up with a BC280 turbo from Evolution Powersports, some lightweight goodies and a C3 Syncrodrive belt drive. Our "backup" M800 162 S/P Ltd usually stays home or sits in the trailer all by itself.
Half of the issues with the M1100T is poor dealer setup, and clutches that were not aligned properly. Other problem is they are not clutched / geared as a trail sled, yet half of the owners trail ride / lake race them. If it is setup for the mountains, it will work VERY well there. BTW, my 5'2" wife can ride it in the backcountry and she does well. For reference, her sled is a PRO RMK...

Well, I'm glad to hear that......crazy_wheeler's sounds like it has a nice setup that'd help with backcountry riding. I would be do some trail and lake riding, but I'd take it easy on the throttle when on the lake or trail. I keep thinking to myself that coming from an '06 Summit 1000, '98 670 Summit, and '01 Mountain Cat 1000, the newer chassis would have to be substantially better for maneuverability than any of those sleds. The Summit 1000 I did struggle on a bit, but it was the first sled I had been on in almost 10 years and I had almost gotten used to it after just 200km's of riding, but then had to sell it. I did extremely well on the old 670 Summit and could throw it around with ease, and due to lack of snow I only but 70 miles on the Arctic Cat 1000 and it was 70 miles of riding it with carb issues so I never really got to experience how well I was handling it......but at the very least, logic would say that an M1100 Turbo has to be an upgrade in handling from any of these sleds....doesn't it?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad to hear that......crazy_wheeler's sounds like it has a nice setup that'd help with backcountry riding. I would be do some trail and lake riding, but I'd take it easy on the throttle when on the lake or trail. I keep thinking to myself that coming from an '06 Summit 1000, '98 670 Summit, and '01 Mountain Cat 1000, the newer chassis would have to be substantially better for maneuverability than any of those sleds. The Summit 1000 I did struggle on a bit, but it was the first sled I had been on in almost 10 years and I had almost gotten used to it after just 200km's of riding, but then had to sell it. I did extremely well on the old 670 Summit and could throw it around with ease, and due to lack of snow I only but 70 miles on the Arctic Cat 1000 and it was 70 miles of riding it with carb issues so I never really got to experience how well I was handling it......but at the very least, logic would say that an M1100 Turbo has to be an upgrade in handling from any of these sleds....doesn't it?

I would say so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is easy to put the stock riser back on as it is only 8 bolts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a mix of local ditch & field riding and mountains. Around home anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 throttle is plenty with the occasional WFO to keep you on your toes other than that the only groomed trails the machine has scene has been Vale & Mcbride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Can't go wrong buying this machine.This guy is a freak;you could eat off this machine!
I've got a 2012 M1100T Sno Pro 162. Bought it from T&T in Bonnyville, they have done all the services on it and installed the speedwerx kit with the 177, 240, 260, 177(87 octane) ecm mapping. The sled hasn't had a problem with belts with there being just over 1800 km's on the original belt. Put the secondary update on and installed a new belt. Over 2100 km's on the sled with no issues. The sled is in the classified section if your interested in a 1100 still. I ride with the GBCA when work hasn't got me stuck out in the bush some place.

summit1000

Reaction score
Well I'm definitely going to be keeping that sled in mind. I have a summer car I'm currently selling ('98 Camaro Z28) and it is going to be providing the funds for my upgrade sleds. So I'm hoping by the time it sells, crazy_wheeler's is still available.

So, crazy_wheeler, a couple questions for you. How do you find the manoeuvrability of yours compared to a new 800 (if you've ridden a newer 800 for comparison), what setting do you normally ride it on for boost, and do you still have the stock handlebar riser? I'm just asking out of curiosity. Sorry if I am wasting your time when I am not yet in a position to buy.

Top Bottom