2012 / 2013 Valemount Conditions and Updates

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW:thumbsup2:

The weather folks were right! +5 to -5 between 2am and now ! Massive snowstorm in valemount, semis jackknifed everywhere on the camp creek hill yahoo!

This is awesome, but the blue river highway cam and chappell weather station are not showing the storm at all, so hopefully it at least hit clemina and allen......

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351655560.813799.jpg ya this is what i woke up to this mornin in edson, hinton seemed like there was more. There were trucks and semis ditched left and right, roads were bruuutal. I was pumped goin home to ride the new pro but to my sadness by the time i hit blue there was barely anythin. Hopefully you guys r gettin hammered now

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 139743ya this is what i woke up to this mornin in edson, hinton seemed like there was more. There were trucks and semis ditched left and right, roads were bruuutal. I was pumped goin home to ride the new pro but to my sadness by the time i hit blue there was barely anythin. Hopefully you guys r gettin hammered now

Ya the storm seemed to have stopped just south of Valemount. But if you cant sled, might as well fish !

Attachments

• 20121030_124148.jpg
    20121030_124148.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,457

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had continued light snowfall all day. Hopefully working us up a good base in the Alpine although the weather station down south is not showing much valley bottom accumulation so the access is still nil.

I had some friends hike/ski up Allen the other day and found about 60cm at the cabin, but were even smashin stuff on their skis, so I highly recomend holding off on the road trip until the long weekend at least.

Not a good forecast for the lower elevations, although it should continue to build us a base up where it counts

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got about 14-16" where I work 75 km north of Hinton and about 12" in town.

P.S.: very nice fish, Curtis !!

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a quick sled ride on the Clemina road today then ski/skinned up to the goat ridge. terrible visibility all day.

We unloaded in a skiff of snow at 10km.

55cm of snow on the trail at the cabin site with a 1cm rain crust that vanished by the end of the day due to continued light rain.

85cm of snow up on goat ridge and 0.5degrees

Very wet and heavy snow with light rain to 1930m.

Definately not enough snow to ride this area(clemina) on sleds yet. I did here there was one other truck in town with some sleds on it, but did not see or talk with anyone else.

VERY EARLY STILL FOLKS

Attachments

• DSCN2971.JPG
    DSCN2971.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 800
  • DSCN2974.JPG
    DSCN2974.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 793
  • DSCN2975.JPG
    DSCN2975.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 811
  • DSCN2978.jpg
    DSCN2978.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 797

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Went for a quick sled ride on the Clemina road today then ski/skinned up to the goat ridge. terrible visibility all day.

We unloaded in a skiff of snow at 10km.

55cm of snow on the trail at the cabin site with a 1cm rain crust that vanished by the end of the day due to continued light rain.

85cm of snow up on goat ridge and 0.5degrees

Very wet and heavy snow with light rain to 1930m.

Definately not enough snow to ride this area(clemina) on sleds yet. I did here there was one other truck in town with some sleds on it, but did not see or talk with anyone else.

VERY EARLY STILL FOLKS

How was the granola on your ski trip? LOL

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man those young fellas that went up Allen yesterday rode through hell to get there.....good on em !

I went out today to open the lower gate and close the upper gate at 3km. Most users are now familiar with the early season system of using the old trail up. The guys did say old trail was in better shape of the two.

POURING rain and 3degrees out at Allen this morning, although it did look to be snowing at about 1900m+-

The trail is extremely soft and muddy with next to no snow cover until approx 5km marker. There are a lot of deep and very soft water bars to get through at this point.

I know next weekend is usually a first ride for many folks although unless the forecast changes, access will be brutal and MUDDY.

I attached a few pics of the trail at 3km.

I ride earlier than most, although would NOT put my new sled through that chit. If you do ride, PLEASE pack out all garbage and help us keep the cabin in good clean condition.

Looks like the guys were heading up through the mud again today, so hopefully Pwdhor will bring back some pics.

Ride safe and keeper in one piece !

Attachments

• DSCN2980.JPG
    DSCN2980.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 994
  • DSCN2981.JPG
    DSCN2981.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 993
  • DSCN2982.jpg
    DSCN2982.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 996
  • DSCN2983.jpg
    DSCN2983.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 999
  • DSCN2984.jpg
    DSCN2984.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 993

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man those young fellas that went up Allen yesterday rode through hell to get there.....good on em !

I went out today to open the lower gate and close the upper gate at 3km. Most users are now familiar with the early season system of using the old trail up. The guys did say old trail was in better shape of the two.

POURING rain and 3degrees out at Allen this morning, although it did look to be snowing at about 1900m+-

The trail is extremely soft and muddy with next to no snow cover until approx 5km marker. There are a lot of deep and very soft water bars to get through at this point.

I know next weekend is usually a first ride for many folks although unless the forecast changes, access will be brutal and MUDDY.

I attached a few pics of the trail at 3km.

I ride earlier than most, although would NOT put my new sled through that chit. If you do ride, PLEASE pack out all garbage and help us keep the cabin in good clean condition.

Looks like the guys were heading up through the mud again today, so hopefully Pwdhor will bring back some pics.

Ride safe and keeper in one piece !

So how does it compare to last year at this time? Better snow last year?

Sent from a iPhone

less01

Reaction score
nice pics curtis but far more mud than i want to see lol not saying i would not ride it to get to the top lol

Pwdrh0r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh it was fun! Im not close to rubbing it in though hahaha. three and a half feet up there but i would not ride that trail again.. ill wait till we get our new xms :)

Top Bottom