2012 / 2013 Valemount Conditions and Updates

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wheeled into town. Think we will warm up at Allen tomorrow and takkle Oasis on sat. Will post the outcome.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard Allen was groomed today??
First time in vale and that video has me itching to brrap tomorrow.

M1000CAT

Reaction score
Just finished the race gas turbo install on the m8 now the chitty driver from gp to vale. Brap tomorrow!!!

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit Allen today snow was good past Super Bowl. A little hard to see way in the back but snow is way better. Going to take the plunge tomorrow will take a couple pics but won't have them up till I get home.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok not truly shoveled out but a solid line set up in it as per the last 2 years I've been riding there. I'll be up next weekend if all goes according to plan. Hopefully the temps drop down low, as much as I like filling sleds in +5 at shell/petro I would sooner have more snow down low. Wonder how the cycle works boys made out with that broken skid shock on the demo pro Saturday night

Last edited:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit Allen today snow was good past Super Bowl. A little hard to see way in the back but snow is way better. Going to take the plunge tomorrow will take a couple pics but won't have them up till I get home.

sasksummit, xp mountainrider will be there tomorrow riding with a 12 sp 146. If you see him, whatever he's doing at the time, tell him you saw thegeneral do it better last week lol

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
Take that plunge down into Oasis...its my favorite place to go when down in Valemount!!! Made it back 5 bowls last year and it was all untouched!! Im heading down during christmas for a few days so i hope the trail up is good so we can try and make it back to at least the 2nd bowl. Safe riding and I hope you guys make it back in there.

Been riding oasis all week since Monday... Trail up is perfect we packed it great until another group came up behind us today and made a bad trench in a terrible spot we saw as we were coming out.

Haven't packed over the ridge to any other bowls except the first one too dangerous and socked in.

First bowl is demolished though :p

Shanerd

Reaction score
Been riding oasis all week since Monday... Trail up is perfect we packed it great until another group came up behind us today and made a bad trench in a terrible spot we saw as we were coming out.

Haven't packed over the ridge to any other bowls except the first one too dangerous and socked in.

Lemme guess...the right hander half way up the cut block? (trench).

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
Lemme guess...the right hander half way up the cut block? (trench).

Actually that one has been trenches since we got there. Just been going past it and turning around and taking a nice slow left through there... It's about 20 feet past that turn right where you have to climb someone put like a 4 foot trench in there right in the middle of the trail. We saw it coming out today definitely going to bottom out on running boards!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my favorite spot in Oasis.
27027_345816827291_6602104_n[1].jpg

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails will be tittled up tonight as best we can with the low snow in the valley bottom.

Was a great first day of operations, thank everyone for coming out.

We enjoyed the first runs of the year up at the sled ski facility. What a cool place.

Play hard and ride safe tomorrow folks, see you at Allen:beer:

Attachments

• aaDSCN3326.jpg
    aaDSCN3326.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 131
  • aaDSCN3327.jpg
    aaDSCN3327.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 130
  • aaDSCN3347.jpg
    aaDSCN3347.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 137
  • aaDSCN3351.jpg
    aaDSCN3351.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 135
  • aaDSCN3358.jpg
    aaDSCN3358.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well we have full intentions of taking the plunge tomorrow. 99% chance we will make the drop into the second bowl.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, first time I took that plunge, I was HOLY_WTF??? am I gonna get out of here?? I just followed a track DOWWWWNNNN!!! LOL.

BLaine, Hope it's bluebird for ya guys...

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a good day in Allen yesterday, trail nicely was groomed for the ride out. Only went as far as the entrance to Avy Alley.
IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

Today we rode Chappel. The trail was long and bumpy, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The creeks are open but not too difficult to cross. Snow in the alpine was AMAZING, Me n my buddy dropped fresh tracks into the bowl and had it to ourselves for 3 or 4 hours. Its going to be tough to beat today.
IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice pics Dan! myself and one other guy are ripping down to Vale on Wednesday for the day if your interested. I just hope there's enough powder left after this wknd lol

Top Bottom