2012 / 2013 Valemount Conditions and Updates

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clemina and Allan had lots of snow, trails hammered out on both. I would sooner go back to Allan over Clemina if the trails were the same as right now. Couldnt see a damn thing in ether area but the trees were awesome in Allan Sunday

Looms16

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the snow depth in Valemount is at right now, and maybe average snowfall over night? Thanks

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there 2 weekends ago. Snow was fantastic. We are heading out on Thursday again. Gotta love the early season snow.

PROCLIMB

Reaction score
chappel trail is absolutly brutal takes forever to get in and out but its well worth it at least 4ft of fresh its bottomless

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
We rode Clemina for half the day pretty decent in the trees. But they didn't even groom that trail and it's super rough. Almost not worth coming down... Thinking of hitting Allen tomorrow because its a few km shorter than Clemina.

Chapel is super rough even mid season... But we may ride there tomorrow just because of mostly untouched conditions.

2 proclimbs (1 800 1 1100), 2 summits, 1 800m turbo.

3 trucks

M1000CAT

Reaction score
I was there 2 weekends ago. Snow was fantastic. We are heading out on Thursday again. Gotta love the early season snow.
You probably headed into oasis when in vale. If possible can me and my buddie join up and follow you in down trail? Never been into but really want to. Thanks

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You probably headed into oasis when in vale. If possible can me and my buddie join up and follow you in down trail? Never been into but really want to. Thanks
2 of us will be riding different sleds this weekend. Buddy bought an XM and I bought his Etec. So we will likley spend a day somewhere like Allen to get used to the feel of them before we start tearing up the cutblocks to get into Oasis. lol. I would think Sat would be the day. We are fairly early risers so if you head out that way you can follow the tracks in. But be prepared to do some digging and I hope you like trees.

PhillyP

Reaction score
Comin out for a week at the end of Christmas, thinking about trying to get up to the top of Westridge, dooable that item of year on a short track?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry folks conditions have not changed much. Rain down low snow up top. Access is still unpleasent although the ride in the alpine is worth the suffering. We NEED the weather to cool before anything changes. Hang in there.....

Westridge was good today, although zero vis and high winds most of the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ4Ov3Bt_cM&feature=youtube_gdata

Attachments

• aDSCN3312.jpg
    aDSCN3312.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 144
  • aDSCN3313.jpg
    aDSCN3313.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So no grooming this weekend? Would have been nice for Friday. Likely be off the beaten path on Saturday.

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
Trail in to Allen is unbelievably bad and long, Allen had done nice big long ice spots but was well worth it today! Morning was near no visibility. Once we got out of the trees and back up to the cabin it cleared up and was crazy. Thanks to the guys who brought up some fire wood made the day better for sure.

RyanMuir

Reaction score
Does the family run have any snow? Heading there with a few people that haven't been to the mountains before and trying to decide the best place to take them. Any ideas?
ive never been to mcbride so I wouldn't know where to go there.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ryan

Yes the family loops does have snow cover on it. I also am hoping the weather will cool and we can get on some sort of grooming for the weekend. Pls keep checking back for updates

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Ryan

Yes the family loops does have snow cover on it. I also am hoping the weather will cool and we can get on some sort of grooming for the weekend. Pls keep checking back for updates

keep up the good work Curtis! Updates are appreciated by all!

zeke

Reaction score
Same as everybody else. Allan trail was terrible on Monday. Lots of sleds for a weekday but great snow up top.
Hooked up with Curtis on Tuesday in Westridge. Crappy trail, low vis, EPIC snow.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the sidehill shoveled out yet or just side hill it and hope no one looses one down the trees to the left?

Top Bottom