2012 / 2013 Valemount Conditions and Updates

sledhead80

Reaction score
Curtis, are you saying the main trail into Allen is open? If not, when do you think it will be? Thanks!

Max

Reaction score
Wow great update thanks Curtis & Tpower, see you Sat. looks like I won,t have to ride old yeller
Curtis, did you do any snow testing

As mentioned, we went into Allen today with the storm yesterday and good weather predicted today, it was an easy decision.

The trail has full cover from all parts of the staging area and was in actually very good shape both up and down. There are still a few water bars, it is quite thin but the ice was almost non existent so lets hope the rest of the folks over the next few days ride it properly.

Up top we looked into the snow a lot and found an average HS of 145cm on most aspects at approx 1975m (general allen alpine). Of concern though was a good size two avalanche with a fracture measuring approx 70cm that was remote sled triggered on a steep (40degreeish) north facing slope. This looked to have been a soft wind slab from yesterdays storm. Seeing this, I would be suspect of steep north aspects for sure.

Most who know me know that mid nov - mid dec is my favorite time of year. Today was amazing with good breaks of sun, fresh tracks over the entire allen creek boundary and great snow.

Still riding a bit cautiously as 145cm is not much snow, so riders should still be very aware of the possibility of land mines.

Unsure of the affect of the storm on Clemina although Im sure it got a good dose as well. When we are in there next, we will get the numbers off of that apex and work on getting it out.

The best part of the day was riding the new 2013 XM provided to VARDA by Martin Motor Sports and BRP. This machine is a goat and unbelieveabe to ride. I thought the 2012X was the best sled ever built and 13 is just that much better and more refined. The Tmotion suspenion holds hills effortlessly and I simply cant wait to get on it again and rip it to its full potential.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 term papers, one exam to write, one to prcotor, and then mountains here I come! New gears better be in or it might be a little interesting riding a 163 2.5 with 21/45's...

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make a mistake and start digging is right!!! lol ^^ Yeah it was a good first ride went to Allen. trail wasn't too bad when we went up. Couple creeks and icy sections. Goin down was a lot icier. Up top there was no shortage of powder that's for sure, pack a good shovel!

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea the trail was mud on the way down, but definitely well worth the it at the top, many many many stucks today!

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode allenn again today. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep ass snow pulled a lot of turbos out today. Must have been 75 sleds up there today. Not to many went past the hillclimb. We went almost to super bowl. We were the only 6 that went through avalanche ally and it did let go a bit before we got there. Trail up is going to be tricky tomorrow. Was socked in pretty bad all day. Tomorrow will bw awesome for anyone that want to venture to the back.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on maxwell any day now!!!!

Lol!!! WOW was it deep today and the sun came out! Awesome day. Trail was great on the way up but there were a ton of sleds on the lot so it's a bit polished up in some o the corners now. Unbelievable day. I didn't probe bit is say its close to 2m now. Never hit a rock or stump today knock on wood. First ride of the year for me It felt like it was my first day sledding ever. Time to hit the gym.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353801869.704680.jpg

Korey

Reaction score
Lol!!! WOW was it deep today and the sun came out! Awesome day. Trail was great on the way up but there were a ton of sleds on the lot so it's a bit polished up in some o the corners now. Unbelievable day. I didn't probe bit is say its close to 2m now. Never hit a rock or stump today knock on wood. First ride of the year for me It felt like it was my first day sledding ever. Time to hit the gym.

View attachment 142114

Allan was great today perfect day riding great snow trail sucked will defiantly be a challenge to get in there tomorrow. Positive note the drive shaft held up in the new pro negative note hand warmers don't work :mad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom