2012 / 2013 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Allen today, I counted maybe 20 or so sleds. The trail is harsh, not easy or fun. The snow near the cabin is pretty set up, but the further back you go the better it gets, lots of unmarked terrain left.
we had alot of fun, but I wont go back until the trail gets snow.
IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

super.jpg

hill1.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

Pwdrh0r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can sleds hurry up please!?!? This is killing me :( good luck to all for no damage! Besides all who is wrecking the gate haha!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if you can tell me if there is an official date when the gate at Allen opens or not I realize it depends on snow but I am going up on dec 1 and don't want to just go through it because its open because it sounds like a lot of guys are just crashing through I ride there every year but never before Christmas break so if you could let me know I would appreciate it thanks

The gate is opened as soon as we are able to set tracks for the first groom. So far I believe the gate is still standing after our last "repairs". Its a metal gate held in place with chain, its not like its easy to destroy. Funny thing is, after we fixed it the last time a fellow who smashed through it broke down and was seen trying to break it again 20min after we left, from the uphill side. I assumed these were young folks, but were actually older men? Thought their mamas would have tought them better.

From the pics above, i have seen the old trail MUCH worse although the pics may not do the area justice. Clemina has good access to goat ridge and is also another option for early season riders although be careful as I have seen some pics of a young fellow who tried to move a volkswagen sized rock with an apex yesterday and lost severely.....

Please feel free to call me at the office anytime next week for updates. Its currenly raining again in town.....sure looks to be dumping up top, but we need it down low desperately.

For me and Pwdrhors sake, I belive we are lucky that our snowrockets have not showed up yet !

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The gate is opened as soon as we are able to set tracks for the first groom. So far I believe the gate is still standing after our last "repairs". Its a metal gate held in place with chain, its not like its easy to destroy. Funny thing is, after we fixed it the last time a fellow who smashed through it broke down and was seen trying to break it again 20min after we left, from the uphill side. I assumed these were young folks, but were actually older men? Thought their mamas would have tought them better.

From the pics above, i have seen the old trail MUCH worse although the pics may not do the area justice. Clemina has good access to goat ridge and is also another option for early season riders although be careful as I have seen some pics of a young fellow who tried to move a volkswagen sized rock with an apex yesterday and lost severely.....

Please feel free to call me at the office anytime next week for updates. Its currenly raining again in town.....sure looks to be dumping up top, but we need it down low desperately.

For me and Pwdrhors sake, I belive we are lucky that our snowrockets have not showed up yet !
Hey. Andrew here. I didn't get my xm yet either. Riding the 2013 pro this weekend in revy and its pretty sweet so far. It's been a long time since Bruce and I have been your way but as we mentioned at the snow show you will see us fr sure this winter.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tmurphy, is that dirt I see in pic #3 ? Looking at your pic, it appears we only have about a 1 1/2' base so far.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Clemina yesterday, probed an average of 100cm in the low end of the bowl. The trail was "Decent" above 7 or 8km. There is enough to play safely if you keep your eyes open, but the creeks and rocks need more cover. The folded up Yamaha was not pretty. It was snowing all day up there, I'll post pics later when I find my ipod cord.

M1K

Reaction score
Hey Tmurphy, I think we met your group on our way down...looks like you guys had fun on the trail! Nothing but polished up rocks and ice....would defiantly wait for more snow before I try Allen again!

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have a group coming out from vermilion on the 22nd, gonna try er. doesnt look too shabby up top but hopefully the trails and lower elevations get a good dump before we head up. cant wait to ride!

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeppers couldn't of planed it better , off for ten days now , load up truck tomorrow and heading out Wednesday morning , we have a crew of 6-9 , lots of snow in the forecast , I think it's gonna be epic .

By the way there is still some room left at the lodge if anyone would like to check out " Valemounts Best Kept Secret and your nieghbors too "
i believe the black bear den is vacant , sleeps 5 .

tmurphy

Reaction score
We didn't meet anyone on the way up on Saturday. We made it up relatively easy but i think the group behind us had a bit more trouble by the looks of the trail when we went down. Definitely need more snow.

Hey Tmurphy, I think we met your group on our way down...looks like you guys had fun on the trail! Nothing but polished up rocks and ice....would defiantly wait for more snow before I try Allen again!

Top Bottom