2012 / 2013 Valemount Conditions and Updates

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance but I have never had to use the "old" trail while in valemount. If we need to use it when we rise there on the 29-2. Where is it and how do we get to it?

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you reach the gate at km 3 go straight instead of going to the right and through the gate Follow tracks from there on.
BTW this is Allan Creek specific

Thegeneral

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to be there next weds for a 3 day ride looking forward to it. Got a report from A guy from Lloyd today that is there now said there is about 18 plus inches of fresh up top. I guess we should have stuck to the original plan to go this weekend.

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode into Clemina today, found 100cm's up on Goat Ridge. Great early season ride to break-in sleds, NO Damage!
Nov 15, Climina 003.jpg Nov 15, Climina 006.jpg

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you reach the gate at km 3 go straight instead of going to the right and through the gate Follow tracks from there on.
BTW this is Allan Creek specific

Thegeneral

ok thanks. I think I know where you are talking about. It's the hairpin right on the groomed trail?

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that looks awesome, we are heading up in the morning, were going to do Allan but after your pics its Clemina for sure! thanks for the post. Whats the trail in like? Where did you off load?

bathtub28

Reaction score
My group canceled on me for the 21st. Am heading to Hinton anyway for a family visit and HOPE to pick up the xm on the way. Was just curious if there are any groups I could make a break in ride with,if the snow is decent on the 22,23 or 24th. Have all my gear and own trailer so would just be going for company and safety . And of course to get in a first ride on the new sled if it shows up. Thanks ,

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok thanks. I think I know where you are talking about. It's the hairpin right on the groomed trail?

Yes sir, you are correct. we do this as early season riders create severe ice patches on the steeper sections of the trail and it seriously effects grooming for a long time into the season. Although 15min after our repairs today, a guy was seen trying to saw his way through the gate...lol:rolleyes: who knows how long it will last this time........

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well its that time of the year again. The time where I see all the early season guys coming back with handlebars and ski's dangling off the deck. Used to be trailing arms. Either way, I'm dying to ride too, but 100 cm's of snow won't cover the 200 cm rocks. Keep the reports, and the snow coming.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My group canceled on me for the 21st. Am heading to Hinton anyway for a family visit and HOPE to pick up the xm on the way. Was just curious if there are any groups I could make a break in ride with,if the snow is decent on the 22,23 or 24th. Have all my gear and own trailer so would just be going for company and safety . And of course to get in a first ride on the new sled if it shows up. Thanks ,

There will be a group of us heading down on the 21st, not sure wats gonna be there for snow but we r all booked off so were going anyway , we will be at the lodge.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let it snow let it snow. As I was putting the finish touches on my Deck tonight basically a complete rebuild as it was a non collapsible , I started adding up just the top and was blown away at how much I blew away lol super clamps, paint, glides, lights and time. Here a few pics while we're waiting for more snow pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353049278.218613.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353049311.291965.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353049359.504993.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353049415.238806.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353049456.061724.jpg

Cameron

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if you can tell me if there is an official date when the gate at Allen opens or not I realize it depends on snow but I am going up on dec 1 and don't want to just go through it because its open because it sounds like a lot of guys are just crashing through I ride there every year but never before Christmas break so if you could let me know I would appreciate it thanks

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm leaving in 4 days and still haven't even cleaned my clutches or anything really , still have Saturday off , it's gonna be a busy day lol the conversion was the easy part , strip all wood off and drop off at my welder lol boys llooks like we r arriving in vale on Wednesday with major snow in the forecast , it could be epic

Top Bottom