2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

flyin800

Reaction score
Hello all, out here at Valemount for the first time. I have a '11 M8, and am riding with 2 trail sleds, any good areas that have riding for both types of machines? I'm new to the mountain riding as well, first trip was last week in McBride and had an absolute blast. If anyone would like to meet up I'd be more than happy to ride some powder with you while the trail sleds explore on their own.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Curtis,you need to talk to Alberta Summit.We dont talk about secret spots LOL! At least I dont anymore HaHa.All kidding aside me and a buddy will be around Thursday and Friday,hope to run into ya,hope to get out to chappel on one of the two days.Flyin 800.............Clemina sounds like what yer looking for!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all, out here at Valemount for the first time. I have a '11 M8, and am riding with 2 trail sleds, any good areas that have riding for both types of machines? I'm new to the mountain riding as well, first trip was last week in McBride and had an absolute blast. If anyone would like to meet up I'd be more than happy to ride some powder with you while the trail sleds explore on their own.

Call me this morning at 2505664817 or stop by the office located in the little log cabin next to the visitor info center accross from Shell

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Curtis,you need to talk to Alberta Summit.We dont talk about secret spots LOL! At least I dont anymore HaHa.All kidding aside me and a buddy will be around Thursday and Friday,hope to run into ya,hope to get out to chappel on one of the two days.Flyin 800.............Clemina sounds like what yer looking for!

Ill be out at chappell on Friday ! Come say hello !

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently pissing in town......:mad: Although should be making some good snow up high.

The forecast is looking good for the weekend, with cooler temps that will bring on some sick snow !

We are now back on our regular grooming schedule.

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we arrive thursday!!! there's 6 of us coming :D can NOT WAIT!! hopefully the weather stays good and we get a few blue bird days :D

AlbertaSummit

Reaction score
Catmando. You have nothing to worry about my friend. I only sled with my old man and two buddies. I have no friends :( I promise to keep it secret. Lol

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Albertasummit...............Not to worry.its a joke from a few years back,curtis knows what im talking about,amazing how things get misinterpreted when your behind a keyboard,Have a good weekend and ride safe!

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
I agree you have no friends LOl JK Jan 12th you going to be out there my friend there is about 6 of us heading to Valemount...

langer

Reaction score
that sucks hope its good for next weekend,there is 8 of us heading out on the 13th,sure like to meet you Curtis

Last edited:

Garrett.H

Reaction score
Heading up Tomorrow Night after work! second trip out this year, hope to see a lot more POW than last time:)

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Common let it snow. Well trailer is loaded but highway out of Fort Mac is closed at the moment, heading to the lodge for a week to do some upgrades, if anyone wants to stop by and check out THE Summit River Lodge on your way by to or from the hill Chris or I would be happy to give you a tour. Im headed down with the wife and mother inlaw but will get out for a day or two first of the week.
Hope to see some fellow snow and mudders even just to say hi.

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates on conditions?

The conditions are still awesome ! The open alpine is a bit wind effected although is still receiving fresh snow nightly from the riders reports this week. The trees and sheltered areas on the other hand are absolutley incredible. The temps have cooled off a little bit today and are supposed to cool off more for tonight.

We will be grooming chappell tonight as scheduled and should be back on full schedule for the weekend.

This was taken on Sunday, and as you can see the snow is great !
sleddin in valemount bc - YouTube

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We rode Clemina today,It was incredible,we were the first to the plateaus and we were the first into bauers last chance and the snow was 2 ft deep and comming down hard when we left.The trail was in very good shape considering it wasnt groomed,hats of to the groomer for keeping it in great shape.There is a ton of areas left for friday,you wont be dissapointed!Best year of riding for me this year bar none!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Clemina today,It was incredible,we were the first to the plateaus and we were the first into bauers last chance and the snow was 2 ft deep and comming down hard when we left.The trail was in very good shape considering it wasnt groomed,hats of to the groomer for keeping it in great shape.There is a ton of areas left for friday,you wont be dissapointed!Best year of riding for me this year bar none!

ca mon catman, we need pics !

Chappell tomorrow ?

Top Bottom