2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know when we went last weekend diesel was more than 10c/L more in vale than at home. When we were fueling our sleds one night 2 different guys pulled in with there diesels, got out, looked at the price on the pump, cursed a bit got back in there trucks and drove away, wouldnt fill up?? Not sure if it was cheaper across the road at petro? But not sure how you'd get away with not filling up (they had no slip tanks). No one said sledding was cheap, nor is having diesels/lifted trucks etc. Support the town or dont come at all :( Hope this don't continue. Theft will clear out valemount pretty quick.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, to hear about that bunny.....sucks, one group of a$$hats can definately spoil the show, i hope you reported it to the RCMP. and Thanks again for calling the tow truck for me yesterday:eek:

Good news, its that that trails are all freshened up this morning and its looks to be a beautiful blue bird day, so get out and enjoy it. Love it when people say its tracked out...lol Get off the beaten path and explore a bit, thats where the real fun starts anyway. Not able to ride today......road trip, but sure wish i could enjoy this sunshine with the rest of you.

Ride Safe !

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats to bad about the guys stealing fuel. There is aways a few people that wreck it for the rest of the good people. I want to take a minute to thank the guys that helped me get my sled out of the trees on Friday. With out their help I would have bee there for awhile. I was at Clemina, I dont know your names(there was 3 of them) but thanks.

Last edited:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oasis, Valemounts. Best kept secret!!!!!Sask did you at least take a peak down into the second bowl?Are the trees covered yet?

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oasis, Valemounts. Best kept secret!!!!!Sask did you at least take a peak down into the second bowl?Are the trees covered yet?
What's oasis like for avalanche danger we tried last year but snow conditions were low when we tried. We were dam near in and had sled troubles so we had to turn around. I've heard it's a pretty large area with about 13 bowls back there. Would love to try again this year. Post some pics if possible if it's not too secret!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are many terrain traps and runout paths that you have to cross in Oasis There is a lot of alpine with steep slopes. You don't want to drop in to the second bowl, unless your sled is in top mechanical condition. I couldn't imagine trying to pull a sled out of there. I wonder what the chopper bill would be in there? LOL

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oasis is no secret, just not the easiest place to get into. The drop down into the second bowl is a steep and windy one through the trees so you dont want to try and bring a dead sled up there. Helicopter would probly run you about $1200-$1500 with the price of fuel these days. We flew a dead sled out of there 5-6 years ago and it cost $1000. It is definately not the place to take newbies. Willows are turning into trees now so be prepared to abuse your machine a little.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went back into oasis today the same 3. We dropped into the second bowl. Pretty wid blown in there but lots of fresh snow. Only 2 others attempted today. Awesome sunny day. Trail in is getting pretty bad. Lots tried to get in yesterday but didn't make it.

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know about the access as we never made it in, but me and the trees have tussled before so that's nothing new. Just looking for other options in Valemount, I also heard that you could get to the back of Allan Creek from Oasis is this true because I'd love to try this one day?

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
I'm cruising up weds night after work solo and planning on riding thurs and friday. Maybe I can meet up with some fellow snow and mudders? I'm riding a turbo Nytro, have 12 years mtn riding experience and have avy training beacon, probe and shovel.
Cheers!
Dustin

Maxwe

Reaction score
I kinda doubt you can get from oasis to Allan.
Prettly ugly back there.
but lets know when you do it. LOL

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked on google earth, and I think there is a way. maybe from Oasis to Allan, but not back LOL Lotsa steep hills to drop down...
I have heard of people going from Chappel to Allan too, but that might be a stretch..

Anyone want to go in on a helicopter rental??$$$$$$

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cuso id definitely go in on that. A 206 can take 4 passengers I believe so that would be pretty cheapPm me if you really wanna look into it

sledbunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks Curtis! Yes I did report it. Hopefully you didn't have to wait to long for the tow truck,i phoned as soon as I got back into town. Too bad you were so hungover, I was back out there at 2:30 and you missed out on cold and hot pizza :). Maybe next time you'll be in shape for drinks at the end of riding :)

Sledneck911

Reaction score
Sorry, to hear about that bunny.....sucks, one group of a$$hats can definately spoil the show, i hope you reported it to the RCMP. and Thanks again for calling the tow truck for me yesterday:eek:

Good news, its that that trails are all freshened up this morning and its looks to be a beautiful blue bird day, so get out and enjoy it. Love it when people say its tracked out...lol Get off the beaten path and explore a bit, thats where the real fun starts anyway. Not able to ride today......road trip, but sure wish i could enjoy this sunshine with the rest of you.

Ride Safe !
ya you got to love it when people say an area is tracked out and you go up there and ride fresh all day!! rode allen on friday and had a awsome day!! lots of snow!!

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been way back in Oasis years ago( like 10), across a nasty razorback, over a few peaks and we could see over to allen, but no way in Hell to get there. The valley between is steep and you would be out of bounds if you tried. Glad to hear the access is still difficult, keeps alot of guys out(im greedy) Im sure Varda will groom the trail there one day as the user numbers are increasing. Until then though, be prepared for some work getting in.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been way back in Oasis years ago( like 10), across a nasty razorback, over a few peaks and we could see over to allen, but no way in Hell to get there. The valley between is steep and you would be out of bounds if you tried. Glad to hear the access is still difficult, keeps alot of guys out(im greedy) Im sure Varda will groom the trail there one day as the user numbers are increasing. Until then though, be prepared for some work getting in.

Allen Creek itself (the creek that runs in the valley between Allen Creek snowmobile area and Oasis snowmobile area) is out of bounds so you would not be legal if you tried to get from Oasis to Allen or vice versa by crossing the creek and as you say it would be almost impossible even if it was legal as it gets pretty steep dropping into that valley from either side. Just ask the guy last year at MM4 who ended up abandoning his sled out of bounds in the Allen Creek snowmobile area and walking out overnight down the creek valley toward the Allen Creek parking lot before he was rescued. If you look on the maps published by VARDA, Oasis snowmobile area and Allen Creek snowmobile area hook together at the headwaters of Allen Creek itself so it can be done without going out of bounds. What you would be doing no matter which area you started from is travelling in a large horseshoe that circles the drainage basin for Allen Creek by first going west for a hell of a long way, crossing above the headwaters of Allen Creek and then back east for approximately the same distance back to the highway but on the other side of the Allen Creek valley from where you started. If you look at the area on Google Earth it looks doable but would need a good GPS, a satellite phone a lot of gas and you would need to leave a truck and trailer at the staging area you end up at as it would be very unlikely you could do a round trip in one day.

bren3flames

Reaction score
Well had a really good weekend in Vale rode Allen and Clemina, want to give a big shout out to Tony from Snow Farmers for giving us a really good tour of Clemina and finding us some pretty good snow. Will try to get some pics up soon.

Top Bottom