2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

Studder

Reaction score
Hey Roy. I've been two passes away from Allen's back side last year, pretty close, could see Allen real well. Looking at google we think we could of done it, so I think we should get the boys together and make a trip of it this spring on that new kitty of your"s. Just to say we've done it with a picture or two!

Last edited:

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Roy. I've been two passes away from Allen's back side last year, pretty close, could see Allen real well. Looking at google we think we could of done it, so I think we should get the boys together and make a trip of it this spring on that new kitty of your"s. Just to say we've done it with a picture or two![/QUOTESounds like a plan. Sometime in spring while there is still lots of snow but plenty of daylight. You lead the way as you have been deeper into Oasis than us.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple pics from Oasis. IMG-20111203-00090.jpg IMG-20111204-00100.jpg IMG-20111204-00104.jpg IMG-20111204-00105.jpg

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
Wow, those pics bring back some crazy memories. You can get into oasis with a newbie cause that where SaskSummit and a bunch of his crew took me the first time i ever rode a sled. sharted in my pants though on the way out. You can just make out the tracks out in the last picture. Hooked me bad on sledding though so a big shout out to the sask boys for taking this new rider a few years back.

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pic's I'm hitting that this year for sure, and I'd love to try the venture from Oasis to Allan!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That last pic is my favorite part of Oasis. That drop really does seperate the men from the boys, and you can pick some pretty sick lines on the climb out A couple of us will be riding there next Tuesday or Wednesday. Weather permitting of course.
Thanks for the pics Sask
Cheers

Last edited:

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That last pic is my favorite part of Oasis. That drop really does seperate the men from the boys, and you can pick some pretty sick lines on the climb out A couple of us will be riding there next Tuesday or Wednesday. Weather permitting of course.
Thanks for the pics Sask
Cheers
Not sure if it is the drop in or the climb out that separates the men from the boys!!

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay I never have been into Oasis. But judging by the pics and sometimes the pics dont do justice. Other than havin HUGE BALLS and some diapers. For those who have been into Oasis what would you say the smallest cc would be for the climb out? Judging as well by the pics I would say your not bring a 136" track back through that trail.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay I never have been into Oasis. But judging by the pics and sometimes the pics dont do justice. Other than havin HUGE BALLS and some diapers. For those who have been into Oasis what would you say the smallest cc would be for the climb out? Judging as well by the pics I would say your not bring a 136" track back through that trail.

An awful lot of variables to answer your question. Rider weight, skill, lug size, trail condition, horsepower, etc. etc.

cat pride 2009

Reaction score

Hey SR I Lend you my M1000 162" if you want to take a poke at it. LOL How was your Summer

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have. Three times with various 800 Summits. 159 and 163" tracks. If the trail was set up and you were an experienced
rider you could likely get out with less machine. As the pictures show, some margin of machine beyond the minimum required
is a good thing to have!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Im glad there is always someone out there before me to bust a trail in. If it wasnt for the adventruous first few I know I wouldnt know where I was going in Oasis.
I think coming out of bowl 2 was the worst for me. Couple trys at that hill last year. Too fast and got bucked off, too slow and dug her in, third try and I nailed it. All to do again the next day!
There is probablly still pieces of my hood and dash in those tress:d

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those pics look sick I love a challenge. Looks like there's a couple sweet lines to poke out of there also!!!!!

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have. Three times with various 800 Summits. 159 and 163" tracks. If the trail was set up and you were an experienced
rider you could likely get out with less machine. As the pictures show, some margin of machine beyond the minimum required
is a good thing to have!

See it wasnt that hard was it.................

Top Bottom