2010 Yamaha Nytro

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im definitely steering towards cat now. I rode an 07 phazer mountain for a couple years and really did like the sled........ but with such little power and turbos being a little out of my price range I opted to sell it with intentions of buying a nytro this coming season. In April I finally healed up enough from knee surgery to go on one ride in the mountains and borrowed that 08 M8 and absolutely loved it. In the fall I'll be looking to buy a new cat and give it the good old fashioned college try for a couple two three years. Maybe by then there will be a Nytro coming stock with 160ish + HP and I'll give em another try. For now though,I'm going green:d

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best end result in a new sled purchase , is a happy customer, who knows what they want.... and has checked out the pros and cons of both units...

Good luck...

Terry

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kelly (Whitecourt Yamaha) has 09 Brand new sitting there.
Buy a 09 for 10500 brand new and put 1000 into a track, 350 rail, and 200wheels and you have a 162 Nytro for 13200 taxes in.

I thought I heard the '10 has some different geometry, effectively a drop n roll as well. The Fox shocks aren't cheap either.

Not that I'm going to spend $16k, but just saying.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I heard the '10 has some different geometry, effectively a drop n roll as well. The Fox shocks aren't cheap either.

Not that I'm going to spend $16k, but just saying.

ya the definitely did change, out some of the geometry, and im sure the increase price on the 10 over the 09 is related to the new fox shocks,

i can foresee alot of people doing the upgrade from a new o9 has it will be alot cheaper... as some may want the fox and some may not... and u will still save about 3-4 k.....already got a couple lined up...

Terry

tbro47

Reaction score
I don't know where everyone is getting there info. on the price of a nytro, i bought an 09 MTX 153" last year for $8500 and talked to my dealer about the 10 SE adn he said i could one for $10000. it think with all the upgrades they've made that's a hella of a deal. the fox shocks alone would be worth the price difference. I think i'm going to wait a year or two though cause i have a feeling Yamaha is going to make some major changes in the next few years and i'm still getting used to my 09. thing is dam heavy though and when you get stuck you get stuck no doubt about it.

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
I don't know where everyone is getting there info. on the price of a nytro, i bought an 09 MTX 153" last year for $8500 and talked to my dealer about the 10 SE adn he said i could one for $10000. it think with all the upgrades they've made that's a hella of a deal. the fox shocks alone would be worth the price difference. I think i'm going to wait a year or two though cause i have a feeling Yamaha is going to make some major changes in the next few years and i'm still getting used to my 09. thing is dam heavy though and when you get stuck you get stuck no doubt about it.

We are the guys just to the North of you. Things are a little more here.

Cheers, :beer:

Rugged Canuck

Reaction score
Jumping onto this string. I am also looking to join the snowmobile world and I am leaning heavily to Yamaha Nytro. I can purchase an 2010 for $12,500 is it worth buying that or still to modify an 09. Thanks for the guidance:Cool9:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jumping onto this string. I am also looking to join the snowmobile world and I am leaning heavily to Yamaha Nytro. I can purchase an 2010 for $12,500 is it worth buying that or still to modify an 09. Thanks for the guidance:Cool9:

buy the 10. much better track, suspension and tunnel.

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I tried a '09 MTX and then a '10 MTX, and there was a noticable difference. I ended up buy a 2010 SE 162" and enjoy it a fair amount.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Buy the 2010. Lot's of upgrades over the 2009 and that will save you some cash. Bought mine from the guys at Walt Healy here in Calgary and they were awesome to deal with then, and after sales service is fantastic. Can't say enough good things about Sheldon, Trent and their crew.

Top Bottom