2008 Summit hood / panels.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow you should change your handle to Mr.personality.The reason most people don't paint there sleds is that most of us don't know how to get paint to stick to plastic.When you bend the plastic(roll over)It tends to crack the paint and chip off which is a total disaster and looks like ****!you could just wrap it in the color you want(no design)and it would last longer.But you have made it clear you do not like decals so enjoy your paint job.

Reaction score
Wow you should change your handle to Mr.personality.The reason most people don't paint there sleds is that most of us don't know how to get paint to stick to plastic.When you bend the plastic(roll over)It tends to crack the paint and chip off which is a total disaster and looks like ****!you could just wrap it in the color you want(no design)and it would last longer.But you have made it clear you do not like decals so enjoy your paint job.

Will do, thanks. Plenty of people paint their sleds... 5 minutes on other sites on the internet and I found a great walk-through. The key is to have a flex agent (which is present in most paints designed for plastics). I appreciate the input :) I do prefer my $40 solution. I'll look in to changing my handle, thanks for the tip.

Reaction score
Will do, thanks. Plenty of people paint their sleds... 5 minutes on other sites on the internet and I found a great walk-through. The key is to have a flex agent (which is present in most paints designed for plastics). I appreciate the input :) I do prefer my $40 solution. I'll look in to changing my handle, thanks for the tip.

You do realize he was being sarcastic right? lol

Reaction score
Anyway... for those actually interested in painting their panels.... here is the walkthrough I used:
Just painted my xp grey side panels - very easy - How To's - DOOTalk Forums

At least mostly. Proceed at your own risk. If you truly care what 8 year old faded plastic looks like, by all means spend 5 times as much on a wrap..... Some of the examples I found (one in particular painted red and white) looked totally sharp IMO.

Reaction score
Ya... just messin' with ya lol No need to call me a dumbass, now you just sound like the other 10 year-olds here.

Reaction score
Have you noticed that any time you use the backspace in a response with a quote, it messes up where the cursor focus is and starts again the line above? I wonder if that is a FireFox issue. Which browser do you use?

Reaction score
Have you noticed that any time you use the backspace in a response with a quote, it messes up where the cursor focus is and starts again the line above? I wonder if that is a FireFox issue. Which browser do you use?

I am using Chrome for this post and it seems fine. It might be a FF "quirk". It seems you need 3 browsers these days.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Actually looks pretty good.... I had several of my old summitx('99) hoods professionally painted/airbrushed, and yes, the paint would tend to crack a bit if flexed too much or badly rolled... What's with that ;) ..... I like the trailer ramps painted..... Kinda kool, and nice job. Can't wait to see the finished panels on your sled

and yes there are azzhats on every forum ;) lol

Reaction score
Actually looks pretty good.... I had several of my old summitx('99) hoods professionally painted/airbrushed, and yes, the paint would tend to crack a bit if flexed too much or badly rolled... What's with that ;) ..... I like the trailer ramps painted..... Kinda kool, and nice job. Can't wait to see the finished panels on your sled

and yes there are azzhats on every forum ;) lol

Agreed.... in some cases I am one of them :)

What I find somewhat interesting is the argument that it shouldn't be painted because when you hit a tree the paint will chip/scratch paint... which is the same thing that would happen if you hit a tree in a $70,000 Porsche with a $10,000 paint job.... *shrug*

My goal is just to not hit the tree... which would wreck the wrap or paint and the hood /facepalm.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Tree magnet syndrome ;) .... Had a buddy we all laughed at once, as he was gonna do some climbing on a nice deep snow day and 1 tree on the entire hill, and we all bugged him about not hitting that tree, and sure enough if he didn't hit that single tree with his brand new 2003.5 summitx(one of the first in western canada back then), and bust up the front-end...... Damn was that funny ;)

Reaction score
Tree magnet syndrome ;) .... Had a buddy we all laughed at once, as he was gonna do some climbing on a nice deep snow day and 1 tree on the entire hill, and we all bugged him about not hitting that tree, and sure enough if he didn't hit that single tree with his brand new 2003.5 summitx(one of the first in western canada back then), and bust up the front-end...... Damn was that funny ;)

Ouch... sounds like my wife. We got her a new sled (2015).. had less than 2KM on it... To test it out we always make our first trip to Chestermere Lake..... she literally rolled hers in the Timmy's parking lot before she even made it on the lake. That's about 50 feet from the truck. WTF? lol

Top Bottom