Anyone Else Notice Good Business is a thing of the past?

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It certainly is quite the ch!t show out there. I’ve ran a large company for 20 years and I can tell you whole heartily it’s never been this difficult to operate. It’s hard to get staff, hard to get parts and a lot of subcontractors have packed it in. Most of our vendors and suppliers are having the same issues Causing them to provide lack lustre service . I wish there was a silver bullet solution or a end in sight but honestly it’s likely gonna get worse before it gets better. This has been my experience and observation over the last year and a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So its safe to say, your struglin...
Sorry, I had to...
😏

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a conversation at work yesterday actually and one of the contractor Forman said if you can get someone to show up to work regularly and contribute in some manner your considered a good employee. The times have changed. I know when I do field work I have to double check everything to make sure they don’t their job before I do mine, it’s sad but I don’t trust any of them .

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m on the other side of this issue as I’m looking for work and can’t seem to find a good employer. I’ve tried 3 jobs driving this past year and all 3 employers were terrible. I’m retired and looking for a decent wage with benefits but I’ve noticed employers don’t even respond to my applications, despite providing detailed cover letter and resume - and I’m No donkey. I’m not working for $15/hour!
Chinada has become a hotspot for cheap labor for sure, imports will work for that but then again you get what you pay for. Only thing is some donkey employers don't see it like that as long as they keep their cost down they get a big boner at the end of the year. Seen and been part of that chit show, donkeys like that need to be taught a lesson on you get what you pay for or else pay higher insurance rates and lose customer's to which hurts their bottom line, perfect learning curve for these donkey's.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
people do it to themselves go buy your shyt from amazon and then complain that the local store won't hire little Johny or the store closes because no one in the community will support them know people that will buy from dick amazon to save a dollar and then send it back all I can say is FU5K AMAZON
Woh! All i can say to this Papa is i go to most stores and do my research before going out and when i get there they have nothing on the shelf or 0 other choices. this was all created by design by these fawkin globalist elites to make more billionaire's and we pay for it by running around looking for chit we need or liked to have as a staple for our lives. So checking online beforehand is an option for sure, and then if possible order online because cambodian tire does not have or what ever, why drive all over creation with the price of fuel when you can have it brought to your door and go have a bevy while you wait. just my 002:)

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a guy was saving a dollar I agree with papajake but when the cost goes from 160 to 37 for the same parts or 650 to 325 its hard not to buy the cheaper parts. I give my customers the option pay more have it repaired today or come back next week and repair it for half the cost. Most people don't mind waiting. When I bring up the concern to the retailer they says that's it, its usually more than that.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woh! All i can say to this Papa is i go to most stores and do my research before going out and when i get there they have nothing on the shelf or 0 other choices. this was all created by design by these fawkin globalist elites to make more billionaire's and we pay for it by running around looking for chit we need or liked to have as a staple for our lives. So checking online beforehand is an option for sure, and then if possible order online because cambodian tire does not have or what ever, why drive all over creation with the price of fuel when you can have it brought to your door and go have a bevy while you wait. just my 002:)
Have to agree. Most of these places don't have it and offer to bring in at a higher price than I can get online. I just order and it comes to my door. Works for my ski doo and parts for it too! Only shity thing is how often I have to haul cardboard to recycle cause the hill billys here don't want curbside garbage and recycle lol They hoard their garbage and wonder why they have rats in their yards.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently bosses and unions folded up human rights and invaded privacy with mandatory VAX. And now we wonder where the workers are. ????
30% had integrity and morals and refused the jabs Those are probably the workers worth hiring. Having scruple’s and self worth is a plus in a employee.

Thanks for this post.
Well said!

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its all about saving $, i worked for 3 man steaming ,sandblasting and painting business from 2011 to 2020. he contracted for 38 yrs for same oil pipeline co. i was 66 ,boss was 70..his son 45. the pipe co hired a co out of Calgary that supplied 30 migrants to paint the new pipe ,, we would sandblast,prime and paint,, somehow they were allowed to just paint over it after a light wire brushing, they said we were too slow.. so after Pipeline paid out close to 1.5 million job was done,, and we were laid off permantly,, we sold off all the equipment,after 44 yrs ,the boss and his son were outta work,,was thee best job i had,,paid more in a month than in a yr of being self employed Mechanic since 1974. . then last yr most of there paint fell off and the Pipeline co sued for there money back and asked my old boss if he would come redo it..what a slap in the face,not one paint job fell off in his 38 yrs of working there,, but,,we were too slow?

Attachments

• 1988 rig.jpg
    1988 rig.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 116
  • windfall riser.jpg
    windfall riser.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got great customer service Today!

I melted the buckle on my BCA Vest and my boy broke 2 of the Boa’s on his snowboard boots last week when we were sledding.

I Emailed customer service from BCA and Boa last night and both companies replied that the parts are sent and shipped free of charge this morning🤟👍🍻

Attachments

• 305ED867-C4FC-47FB-B0A7-AFA9DEC67057.jpeg
    305ED867-C4FC-47FB-B0A7-AFA9DEC67057.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 69
  • FF30794E-B638-4B44-9CC0-191F2E01F4FB.jpeg
    FF30794E-B638-4B44-9CC0-191F2E01F4FB.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 647A74F1-A08C-471F-868C-0D6AE686E569.jpeg
    647A74F1-A08C-471F-868C-0D6AE686E569.jpeg
    309.3 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom