2008 Ford F350

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys with the new 6.4 what do you think of the power. I had a chance to spend a day in one and was very unimpressed. felt like it had no torque. continually wanted to downshift. not trying to start anything, just curious.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have 96000 kilometres on my Ford Diesel and have not had a single problem with it.The first 600000 kilometres was not only towing my camper and my toys,but I also had a Bobcat that I ran around with.Its four years old and the only reason I still own it is because there aint nothin better out there.
catmando!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
You guys with the new 6.4 what do you think of the power. I had a chance to spend a day in one and was very unimpressed. felt like it had no torque. continually wanted to downshift. not trying to start anything, just curious.

I test drove and liked the power, Did you drive a F350 or F450, the 450 wont have as much get up and go as the 350.

Otherwise, my trucks at Denny's now waiting for a new computer, hopefully it comes in before the weekend.

RON

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
My sister has an 06 king ranch dually it is an amazing truck I love it (I know it's a ford) but since new it has been plagued with problems it has had 2 new computers, front end, front drive shaft and transfer case, sunroof wether stripping seal. Had a major cluck in the 4X4 kept replacing till it was gone. At chistmas it had 22,000Km on it. Heaviest thing it has hauled besides the toneau was a 4 place enclosed couple times last year
Not to scare you but I hope your luck is better

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Dennys got the computer replaced very quickly and it was out on Friday morning. Then it headed back for the Compustar remote starter and to Zebart west for the undercoat and protection. I am finally picking up on Monday then I can ride for 2 days and then back for more the lift and the air system at 4 wheel performance on the west end. I'll post pics after this is all done next Thursday..:woohoo1:

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I own a 2008 super cab dually long box and am impressed with the torque for one reason. Unlike the 6.0 litre Fords the 6.4 L fords have torque all throughout its range. The 6.0 L have tons of torque in its low range but lacks power up top, I also own a 2004 6.0L crew short box, so Im not blowin' smoke out of my arse. Still dont like the hesitation when you pin it off the line though, Mind you Im carrying 3000lbs constantly in the box. For those interested i needed to put two extra leafs on each side and a 1 inch spacer to bring her up, It sits a little high but i think in time it will settle some.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Make sure you post before and after shots.
Stop over on Monday and I will install the snowandmud.com decal. Once all the mods are done we will make you "special" decal, something that says "I've created the best dam site on the internet" kind of decal.

Cheers and enjoy the new ride Ron.

:)

Dennys got the computer replaced very quickly and it was out on Friday morning. Then it headed back for the Compustar remote starter and to Zebart west for the undercoat and protection. I am finally picking up on Monday then I can ride for 2 days and then back for more the lift and the air system at 4 wheel performance on the west end. I'll post pics after this is all done next Thursday..:woohoo1:

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hi Ron
Did you ask if this computer problem was an isolated case or is it happening often on other trucks aswell. I got a bud who's a Ford service manager and he has not mentioned this before, he actually said they are holding up extremely well so far. Except for this problem, I work for a drilling company that uses Fords for their crew trucks and they are having problems with the front ends as Ford went with coil springs for a smoother ride which i think was a huge mistake cause they outperformed everyone else in that area before. Coils will be great for general use, but for an oilfield truck thats constantly getting pounded in the mud and dirt, Im not so sure they will last.

By the way, this thread has got to be your most popular one ever!

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I was on the Diesel Stop forum and also talking with the dealer and this is a uncommon problem. There was 1 other peorson on the deisel stop forum and its been viewed by 600 + people. And Yes I noticed this is a very busy thread.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Busy thread, busy site....I remember your concerns about this site drawing enough traffic..."You've created the best damd site on the internet" not just a thread.'

Thanks for sticking with it Ron...as you can tell...I'm addicted.

And Yes I noticed this is a very busy thread.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I love it allready, extremely quiet and you cannot even hear the engine from inside the cab. You cannot smell diesel at all outside any where near the truck. The fit and finish is excellent. I may look funny driving my new Ford wearing my chevy shirts I won at Big Valley Jamboree. Lots of power to spare too. Now I have to figure out all the gadgets inside. Im suprised at the ride, I thought it would ride like a horse buggy being a 1 ton but It has a nice ride. Geez, the mirrors actually work well, I can see behind and beside me well, not what im used to before.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Here is a photo from last night as we all drooled over Rons new truck.

Attachments

• IMG_8101_1.jpg
    IMG_8101_1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 105

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My little truck has good mileage but I would give it up to have a new truck. How about a trade Ron My truck and $50.00 for your FORD. Sounds good drop it off at my work and I`ll show you how to work my truck. Simple no gadgets to figure out just turn the radio real loud and you don`t hear that engine either or smell diesel maybe oil but no diesel smell.:)

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I think we need Sledderglen captions for the pic, I'll start......

"I will not get within an arms lenth of a Ford"

Top Bottom