2008 Ford F350

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saaawweeeeeeeeet ride looks good, I real like the BIG Rig like front grill.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the 08 Ford and love it. But I do hate Black(very hard to clean). Hard on fuel but looks good with a Jet craft deck with my sled on the back.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lookin' good Ron.:cool: I get exactly the same milage from my '08 as my '04 got.....KC is your milage real bad?:confused:

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many klicks do you got? i am getting 19-20l/100kms. with 11000kms. Love the truck dont get me wrong but mileage is to be desired. Have you changed your air intake?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Re: 2008 Ford F350 pics

Here are some pics of my truck
What has been done:

4" Cage Suspention Lift - Tonka
Dual Steering Stableizers - 4wl Performance
Air Bags & Compressor - 4wl Performance
Rear Stainless Super Duty - Koch Ford
Retrax Box top - Raven
35 x 12.5" ProComp Xtreme AT - Tonka
18" x 9.5" ProComp Wheels - 4wl Performance

Remaining:

Install the Espar
Bushwacker Fender flares - Rapid Revolutions
(Just getting Painted)
Mud Flaps

Attachments

• camrose 204 (Medium).jpg
    camrose 204 (Medium).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 151
  • camrose 205 (Medium).jpg
    camrose 205 (Medium).jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 149
  • camrose 207 (Medium).jpg
    camrose 207 (Medium).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 156
  • camrose 209 (Medium).jpg
    camrose 209 (Medium).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 147
F

FAB1

GRD....Get yourself a BULLYDOG programmer ASAP for that rig of yours...set it to performance for better mileage.

summit7

Reaction score
:nono:
As a liscenced Ford Master Tech,who works on diesels all day I WOULD RECOMMEND that if you can get your hands on a 2007 F350.I would jump at it.
The 6.4 in the 08 s/d is not proving to be very reliable,with everything from
leaking rads to high pressure fuel pumps going out and destroying the engine,
also lots of tubo problems. The sad part of it is,all this work requires the cab to be lifted off! Myself would wait a year until the work all the bugs out,much like they had to do with the 6.0 litre.Just my opinion.

F

FAB1

As a liscenced Ford Master Tech,who works on diesels all day I WOULD RECOMMEND that if you can get your hands on a 2007 F350.I would jump at it. The 6.4 in the 08 s/d is not proving to be very reliable,with everything from
leaking rads to high pressure fuel pumps going out and destroying the engine, also lots of tubo problems. The sad part of it is, all this work requires the cab to be lifted off! Myself would wait a year until the work all the bugs out, much like they had to do with the 6.0 litre. Just my opinion.

Glad I have an 07...Love the interior on the 08 and the mirrors but not real fond of the body styling....:D

ps...just like sleds as well (wait a year).....hope those XP's work out.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
As a liscenced Ford Master Tech,who works on diesels all day I WOULD RECOMMEND that if you can get your hands on a 2007 F350.I would jump at it.
The 6.4 in the 08 s/d is not proving to be very reliable,with everything from
leaking rads to high pressure fuel pumps going out and destroying the engine,
also lots of tubo problems. The sad part of it is,all this work requires the cab to be lifted off! Myself would wait a year until the work all the bugs out,much like they had to do with the 6.0 litre.Just my opinion.

That's sad cause.... I remember seeing the in depth testing on the 08... What's with that ????:confused::eek:

.08rider

Reaction score
I just bought the 08 Harley Davidson F350 and I love it. I had a 05 F350 and never had any problems with it, besides isn't that what warranty is for? Ford is still and always will be the toughest trucks on the market, 6000 lbs more towing than GM.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 21,000 kms on my '08....no problems yet. My dealer in Hinton said they haven't seen near the issues with this 6.4L that they saw when the 6.0L was first released.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it true that you have to run "Ultra Diesel" in the 6.4? If so, have you had any problems finding ultra in Edmonton? How has the price been compared to regular diesel?

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes you are to run ultra low sulfer diesel but it is sold everywhere. That is the reason for the diesel shortage last year. They had to switch the refinerys

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I know Shell has ultra low as well as Petro Canada.

Heres somthing from the Petro Canada page

Diesel Fuels

We sell ultra low sulphur diesel fuel for on-road use for those passenger cars, heavy-duty pickups and commercial trucks that have diesel engines. Depending on the geographic location, diesel fuel sold for off-road use such as farm, forestry, mining, rail and marine may be ultra low sulphur diesel fuel or regular sulphur diesel fuel. All diesel fuel sold by Petro-Canada for on-road use is ultra low sulphur diesel fuel, as required by federal legislation. As of Sept. 1, 2006, all Petro-Canada on-road ultra low sulphur diesel contains less than 15 ppm (parts per million) of sulphur.
Petro-Canada's off-road diesel fuel is generally ultra low sulphur diesel fuel, however customers should confirm this with their local Petro-Canada marketer.

And I think it may be a law to have ULSD see this
CEPA Environmental Registry - Part I - Canada's National Implementation Plan

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Im getting a little better Fuel Milage now, going to Vegerville I got much better, and I had to take a pic..
OMG, THATS WHY YOU'RE GETTIN' BETTER GAS MILEAGE.... YOU'RE ONLY DOING 110KPH......... THATS NOT LIKE YOU!!!!! YOU'LL HAVE A TOUGH TIME KEEPING UP TO THE BIG DODGE ON THE WAY TO GOLDEN, BUDDY. LOL

Top Bottom