2005 m7 power issue

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its not your power valves then Check your primary clutch over well. I had an intermittent power/ bog. It would run good then sometimes not. It was a clutch roller and weight problem for mine.15 miles later i figured it out.

Oooooooo......that's fugly! :Cry:

z400

Reaction score
I have cleaned the power valves now just wondering if lubingthe cables is a good idea and if so what to use that won't actually get sticky in the cold

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have cleaned the power valves now just wondering if lubingthe cables is a good idea and if so what to use that won't actually get sticky in the cold

Have you adjusted the cables? Don't think I've ever lubed them, but I always need to adjust them.

z400

Reaction score
No I haven't adjusted them yet I have new ones on order so I'm just gonna wait till I get them and do it all at once

z400

Reaction score
No not yet I gave up my self and took it to a guy he's having a look at it I thought it might have been in the clutching but that all checked out good so he was gonna put some premium in it and check the throttle safety switch set throttle sink the throttle bodies if needed not sure what's going on but all I know is I'm missing the smell of two stroke oil in the morning lol

apex88

Reaction score
Have you tried another exhaust valve servo yet? I went through this 3 years ago with my 2006 M7, checked all adjustments, clutching, reeds, cleaned exhaust valves, changed servo cables because they felt a little rough, spent hours on it with no luck, Changed Servo and it was fixed! Borrowed one from a buddies sled to diagnose before buying one.

z400

Reaction score
Ya I know I told him but he dosent believe it . the power valves are working fine it's almost like I goes into limp mode and falls flat at about 5600 or so many it's the throttle safety I'm just not sure, I really hope he can figure it out he said he took it for a run and it did stumble but my problem wasn't a stumble it flat out fell on its face so hopefully he fixed it or it does what it has done for me

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had something similar happen with my M7, turns out I got a batch of gas with a lot of ethanol in it. I unplugged the ethanol plug, and right back to normal.

z400

Reaction score
Is that plug that black one coming from the ecu almost looks like a fuse plug and is it a real bitch to come apart I gave it a good pull and go scared when it wouldn't ccome apart but I did think of that but just chincken out

z400

Reaction score
Well the worst case the cylinders are toast the nicas is coming off pto side cylinder , kind of weird compression was fine within 2 pounds but a least I know what's going on now just a ****ty deal

Top Bottom