Rave Valve Engine Code

graham87

Reaction score
Hey i recently took off my rave valves to put on bikeman ypipe, it was just easier this way so in the mean time i cleaned the rave valve i left all the lines on and pulled them apart and cleaned and reinstalled "no issues before" had a intermittent bog at full throttle, then a engine light. took to dealer thinking ok they need to be calibrated, even though ive never ran into this before. Pulled the codes cant remember exact but it was a rave valve code so he performed the calibration right there. hooked up vacuum pump and there was no leak. took it home thinking right on.......but did not change a thing. i have no pulled it back apart yet. anyone else had this issue before what should i look for. obvs its something i did or did not do as it worked fine before. thanks

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably sticking and giving a code for not being at commanded position. Pull the cover off and make sure they float real smooth and freely. If you can get the exact code you will atleast be able to know which position they are hanging up in and will help narrow down what to look for

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
General they are sticking and just need a cleaning.

rave valves work on vacuum and pressure. Check both. If that's a pass sometimes the vacuum/pressure manifold fails. This unit is located between the reeds and is white looking. pressure check that.

Top Bottom