14 XM Maintenance

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen and heard a few that put either a d.j or rooster kit in there 14

And have since taken them back out and put it back to stock, cause it wasn't as good as stock they found

For me, the stock 14 clutching is awsome , and is the first sled not to piss with it
1800 km, still have yet to adjust the secondary belt height, and no venting and 100% mountain miles

I Just ride the dam thing and love it

The grease into the ski pivots is a good idea, but I just take them apart and do it every fall and have never had a issue

U have to drill into the knuckle , tap it and put the zerk in

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Awesome hey? Been a good season.

I agree with the zerks but its more work I just do what tex does and pull the pins out clean and greaae them once in a while so they don't wreck the bushings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed, only thing i did with mine was add the dj mtn ramps. would highely recommend these over the stock 441 ramps.

Rowdy i would take the primary apart and clean it. I know i did mine around 1-1200km and tons of belt dust buildup from the oil they put on the clutch at factory. Would recommend changing the chain case fluid again and clean what you can. grease it. If you want to go real crazy, doo really lacks on the diolectric grease, i know the 13's already have some corroided connections.

So u put the dj primary ramps in, but used the stock springs, pins, secondary helix then???

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My truck is getting old, time to sell and buy a new one next spring, I seen the new GM HD trucks and I think there ugly. Time to switch to somthing else. Im liking the F450 super duty, have you seen it on the website.. Now thats a Truck..

RON

Yes been best sled ever

Just the back axle bolts, but red locktight fixed that

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What the heck

Have no idea how that reply from rknight111 got in there

Should be to maxwell

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen and heard a few that put either a d.j or rooster kit in there 14

And have since taken them back out and put it back to stock, cause it wasn't as good as stock they found

For me, the stock 14 clutching is awsome , and is the first sled not to piss with it
1800 km, still have yet to adjust the secondary belt height, and no venting and 100% mountain miles

I Just ride the dam thing and love it

The grease into the ski pivots is a good idea, but I just take them apart and do it every fall and have never had a issue

U have to drill into the knuckle , tap it and put the zerk in

I like my DJ kit !!! but stock is pretty awesome as well... finally BRP clutched their mountain sled for mountains and didn't take MXZ clutching and shoved it into the mountain sleds...

- Adjust drive chain tension when changing fluid
- Adjust track tension and track alignment
- I do really like the grease zerk idea for spindles but haven't done it yet, I still might once I get some time
- Agree with heat tape on rave cover
- Clean clutches for sure, when doing my kit they were filthy with only couple hundred k.
- If you get bored you COULD go through the manual and go through the periodic maintenance schedule and or procedures and do each thing haha. Or starting checking fastener torques.

Sorry to hear about the ankle...

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome, you guys gave me some good things to go over to kill some time.

- clean clutches
- grease skid
- grease spindles
- heat tape rave cover and pull start
- check track tension and alignment
- check and change chain case oil, chain tension etc
- Go thru manual...because yes I am that bored.

Once the Raptor shocks are done at the powder coaters, I'll be throwing those on too. Be curious to pull out the old shocks and see how bad they are.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been trying to keep the seat warm at least for now.

1508588_10153905258700111_228453900_n.jpg

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also...for anyone that can tell me possibly where to look.

I've had a weird rattle somewhere on the clutch side. I've had a few people take my sled on the trail to try and figure it out but I haven't been able to pinpoint it yet. Any ideas where to look? I guess taking the clutch apart will help as well, but just not sure where else to look.

I have relocated all tools to the rear seat compartment, so it's not that.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my DJ kit !!! but stock is pretty awesome as well... finally BRP clutched their mountain sled for mountains and didn't take MXZ clutching and shoved it into the mountain sleds...

- Adjust drive chain tension when changing fluid
- Adjust track tension and track alignment
- I do really like the grease zerk idea for spindles but haven't done it yet, I still might once I get some time
- Agree with heat tape on rave cover
- Clean clutches for sure, when doing my kit they were filthy with only couple hundred k.
- If you get bored you COULD go through the manual and go through the periodic maintenance schedule and or procedures and do each thing haha. Or starting checking fastener torques.

Sorry to hear about the ankle...

My buddy does joes testing, but for the riding I do, said I might not gain much, as I'm not climbing chutes ect

More braaap braaap , than w.o.t

Yup direct bolt in replacement. Didn't even change the clickers.

Huh good to know, thanks

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What were the improvements you noticed? Only thing I desire is more engine braking but that tends to be a helix issue.

More re engine braking to a lower speed. Re engagement doesn't throw you over the bars like 441. More control in the mid range, doesn't have that light switch effect. Really pulls the smoothness out of the etec. I found I had to ride the brake for track control on a lot of button hooks and what not, not anymore. Changed the whole overall performance of the sled to more controllable.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since I'm broken and out of commission for the next bit. Figured I can putter on the sled.

1300kms on her. What should I do? Not sure what if any maintenance these XM's need

- clean clutch?
- grease skid?

Lol I'm broken as well, shattered leg bone and two screws in the ankle, just after my first ride of the year after getting my sled back from tss lol:( I'm with ya on raptor shocks my sp package shocks bottom out all over the place and on a wooped out trail it's just brutal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol I'm broken as well, shattered leg bone and two screws in the ankle, just after my first ride of the year after getting my sled back from tss lol:( I'm with ya on raptor shocks my sp package shocks bottom out all over the place and on a wooped out trail it's just brutal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that bud. I'm not broken that bad. Take it easy and heal up in time to rock next season!!!!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since I'm broken and out of commission for the next bit. Figured I can putter on the sled.

1300kms on her. What should I do? Not sure what if any maintenance these XM's need

- clean clutch?
- grease skid?
What does the operators manual say??

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At 2900km on my 13 XM. One of the ski rubbers split a while ago, I finally got around to replacing it today. But while replacing it I noticed that the other rubber that hadn't split was definitely worn down. The two skis resist movement differently now. Wondering if these things should be replaced in pairs every x km just to keep them functioning properly.

Clay911

Reaction score
The 14 reeds are better design then 11-13, shouldn't have to worry about them.

My ski rubbers didn't make it 1500 km and both were shot.

Top Bottom