09 dragon airbox ??????

09d8155

Reaction score
has anyone pulled the airbox out of their sled and looked at it the center of mine where the halfs meet has gaps throughout all the way around, caused grime to get into my throttle bodies from being transported and caused my running issues is there a fix or aftermarket box, just planning on siliconing it up at the moment but i would like a proper fix if there is one

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard Red Green has started to work with Polaris on this issue.....polaris had no fix for this Dragon air box problem.....so Red Green has come up with a band-aid fix for Polaris.......I heard that Red Green has now got first dibs on fixing the issue with top ends on the same sleds.......Go RED GREEN!

has anyone pulled the airbox out of their sled and looked at it the center of mine where the halfs meet has gaps throughout all the way around, caused grime to get into my throttle bodies from being transported and caused my running issues is there a fix or aftermarket box, just planning on siliconing it up at the moment but i would like a proper fix if there is one

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard Red Green has started to work with Polaris on this issue.....polaris had no fix for this Dragon air box problem.....so Red Green has come up with a band-aid fix for Polaris.......I heard that Red Green has now got first dibs on fixing the issue with top ends on the same sleds.......Go RED GREEN!

As always your so full of...... help.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Jesus man. Do you take anything serious? Stay out of the Polaris threads unless you have something good to say. Another thread ruined... I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've never looked but I will tomorrow. I do know that if you don't get the air box snapped back together properly that snow ingestion can take place, they had some problems with this, probably the same reason for grime getting in. Can't see a reason that soliciting it would hurt.

leadpolaristech

Reaction score
A cover is a cheap investment to keep your sled clean. You should also wash the inside of your sled after riding. Throw some rags in the air box and spray the inside with some diluted degreaser. If you know how to get the air box out, check the inside of your throttle bodies. Preventative maintenance is the best kind of maintenance.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ouch.....some one has their panties in a bunch! I allways read the polaris thread because I have two of them sitting in the yard.........I guess some polaris guys dont like to joke and have fun......snow and mud has become to serious these days!

I'm so sorry for trying to have some fun but I think the airbox should just snap back together.....I did drill some 1/16 holes and lace one up with SS wire once when the clips broke.......dont use the duck tape because someone might flip out on ya! LOL

Jesus man. Do you take anything serious? Stay out of the Polaris threads unless you have something good to say. Another thread ruined... I think.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE=overkill131313;1322326 I guess some polaris guys dont like to joke and have fun......snow and mud has become to serious these days!

I guess with 6 posts he was looking for some information about his sled not a bunch of Kindergarden Krap!

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to have fun as much as the next guy, but I'll offer my 2cents any way. Stick a flash light in your air box in a dark garage, seal up all the gaps you see with silicone, duct tape, what ever works. Areas to look at are around the head light, air box seem and the stupid head light adjuster, very sketchy design on Polarises part!!!

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sealed up my 09 assault air box using sensor safe BLACK gasket maker and foil tape work fine till I sold the sled. some also use weather stripping. while you are at it check your air intake on the hood lots of places for snow to get into. put a flash light in the air box close the hood where light is coming through seal it up headlight adjuster lets lots of snow in

09d8155

Reaction score
i already siliconed around the headlight assembly and other places where snow could get in siliconed the box up looks good now no light coming threw

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is the best fix i found.... TimberSled Air Intake..... was in 3' fresh in Eagles Pass and ran flawless.... no worries about snow getting into box again and still gets lots of air!!!

Attachments

• IMG00217-20111230-0742.jpg
    IMG00217-20111230-0742.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 174

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is the best fix i found.... TimberSled Air Intake..... was in 3' fresh in Eagles Pass and ran flawless.... no worries about snow getting into box again and still gets lots of air!!!

Does it restrict an airflow?

Reaction score
scotford I'm very interested in the timbersled intake. did you have to reflash or anything? fuel controller?. My 09 rmk 800 is on it's third top end and i very much think that at least one of the times was from snow ingestion. I have everything siliconed/duct taped shut but I just don't trust the thing. I'm out of warranty now too so I'm getting a bit paranoid in deep snow. thanks.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have the timbersled intake on my 700 dragon there is no way snow can get in great setup and the best tape for the box is not duct tape it drys out and makes a mess use plastic tarp tape it stay on plastic better

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
scotford I'm very interested in the timbersled intake. did you have to reflash or anything? fuel controller?. My 09 rmk 800 is on it's third top end and i very much think that at least one of the times was from snow ingestion. I have everything siliconed/duct taped shut but I just don't trust the thing. I'm out of warranty now too so I'm getting a bit paranoid in deep snow. thanks.

Hey sleddy.... no controller and just the lasted or last factory reflash think it was the 2010 one... as you can see in the pic along with the intake i siliconed every crack... I have an slp y-pipe, pipe and can and this intake... but also have the PMS fix kit installed.... In 2' of pow this thing ran better than new... pulled like a tractor and never missed a beat.... hope this helps!!

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever gutted there airbox? cause iv looked at mine and iv been told the only reason they have 3 one inch holes in there is for sound control so im wondering if there was a kit to take it out

Top Bottom