08 xp rebuild!

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up an 08 xp with some front end damage. Needs some plastic and an e mod. Just thought I'd post some pics of the progress. Also I'm in need of the gauge console front plastic and side panels. I've been wondering what options u have to get rid of this huge air box is it necessary or can I plumb it in from another location.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
d15b6bfd-0d2f-6367.jpg

d15b6bfd-0d5d-9c51.jpg

Ekim

Reaction score
I run a Timbersled Intake Kit on my XP. Basically it is just intake pods and filters on the carbs. Some people say you lose horsepower, but I have not noticed a drop in power and have had excellent consistency with my Intake. My stock intake was constantly plugging up and choking off air flow. Recommend good venting kit with pods and go for it.

foghorn

Reaction score
I have crashed 08XP if you need some parts PM me I have frt plastic also has everest gauge and all electrical

Ekim

Reaction score
Sensors mount in the middle of the carbs just above the top of the air intake pods. Vacuum tube is mounted above the Pipe side carb pod. Srry no pics. I also have the stock intake if you are interested.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone completely removed the both airboxes and gone with some kind of improvised supports for the console etc? Seems like it would free up alot of space. Just curious

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
timbersleds kit comes with a headlight support,free's up a shi%load of space.There is another kit on ebay very similar but quite a bit cheaper,I run the timbersled kit and have nothing bad to say about it ,it works great.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgot about this thread! Wow these xps rock! Think I'll replace the track tho and get a boss seat or one from the new etec! Only took a few years for doo to put some storage back on the sled!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any more updates kore. Im starting a 09 xp project for the wife. Not sure what the donor sled will be yet, still looking. How was the chassis to work with over the Rev with the jack shaft and different mounting locations?

Last edited:

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled is done! road it all last season. The jackshaft is a bit of a pain but no biggie, went with a 2.5" track nothing special just a good ole stocker!!

Top Bottom