where do gophers hide

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up a Gay mans..az...oh wait that's a gerbil!...no clue;)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man have none of you been to torrington, just east of olds. they go to the gopher hole museum and hang out with there buds. :beer:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I shoot marmots with my bow in my back yard. have had a few kills at 40+ yards now!!

we used to do the garden hose trick at my grandmas and wait with a .22. then we started just sitting and snipping with the 22-250. more money for bullets but much better range :)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I shoot marmots with my bow in my back yard. have had a few kills at 40+ yards now!!

we used to do the garden hose trick at my grandmas and wait with a .22. then we started just sitting and snipping with the 22-250. more money for bullets but much better range :)

Watch out for the greenies and animal lovers!!!!

That is something that maybe should be a secret this day and age?

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this thread reminds me of a job we did a number of years ago. building the Scotia center in NE Calgary, it was a bald ass field when we broke ground. All thru the project frickin gophers would come into the building and steel lunches. My apprentice, this goofy little manitoba farm boy took the elctricians fish tape and ran a trip wire to a chunk a conduit the was holding up a 4 foot piece of square duct. baited it and waited. sure as heck here comes a gopher, he gives the fish tape a tug and traps the little bastage. So he don's some welding gloves and puts it in the outhouse. Pretty soon there is about 10 of us waiting and watching for our victim. Could,nt a worked out better. This grouchy ol'e brick layer hits the crapper. Soon as he open the door and that gopher seen the light a day, & he leaped outta there. Scared the living daylights outta that bricky,,,, his knees were hitting his chest, he was high steppin so much. Frick was it funny.

Them little buggers would crawl into our sprinkler pipe, and we had a hell of a time getting them out, so the apprentice came up with a brilliant solution. He'd take one end of pipe and set her up on a tri-stand. Fill the other end with oxy-acetalene, hold his foot over then end and spark er off. Launched em a good 50 feet.

Should canned that kid, as he never really got allot done, but sure was entertaining to have around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom