Any cold plungers here?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started with cold showers and then eventually set up a cold plunge. Been doing it a couple years now. Sucks so bad while you're in it, but you feel SO good when you get out. Been doing it every day before workouts. Gets you pretty pumped to work out. Pretty lucky with the climate in creston in the winter. Just have a stock tub next to our hot tub that pretty much stays around 0 all winter. Sometimes you have to break a couple inches of ice off the top of it starts freezing hard at night.

Anyone else?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started with cold showers and then eventually set up a cold plunge. Been doing it a couple years now. Sucks so bad while you're in it, but you feel SO good when you get out. Been doing it every day before workouts. Gets you pretty pumped to work out. Pretty lucky with the climate in creston in the winter. Just have a stock tub next to our hot tub that pretty much stays around 0 all winter. Sometimes you have to break a couple inches of ice off the top of it starts freezing hard at night.

Anyone else?
"Cold Plungers" ................I thought this was going to be somehing about toilets. I was way off.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I jumped in the lake one time in Feb while waiting for the ferry in Nakusp. Sure shocked the system but you feel awesome afterwards. Never tried the working out part though.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cold showers are just punishing yourself first thing in the morning. Fawk that I already don't want to go to work and a hot shower does much more to get me going in the morning than a coffee.

That said I started using the cold plunge at the crazy creek hot pools and that is pretty damn invigorating.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not me but the wife and daughter been down to the lake swimming most afternoons since mid dec
early morning water skiis starting may is as cold as i can do

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deaner “ the iceman! “

Haha my wife can endure some cold water, it’s impressive. I’ve seen her dip into Robson river, Canal Flats… she can go 10 minutes

I’m more of a hot spring guy… so we found our common ground at Lussier hot springs… I was in the hot with the boy and she’s in the river freezing lol

I hear good things about sleeping better after. I have a project for the back yard in planning. Sauna/cold plunge will be nice to have off the deck.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I even hate washing my hands in the cold lake water when I am out ice fishing

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is something I want to start doing as well, thinking a horse water trough for the plunge

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finishing off your hot shower by turning it to cold for few min works well for what it is and you don’t need to spend any extra money.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a group of us were up snowmobiling up at Little Bear LAke Saskatchewan. after a hard day of rideing we all gotd into the out door hot tubs. we were all boozed up when I decided to get out of the hot tub and junp into the snow. Then once finished rolling around in the snow I jumped back into the hot tub. Shin felt like I was being pricked by a million needles. people started trying it after I went a second round. It's actually quite invigourating.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Anyone else?

Hell yeah. It’s too warm now though.

72fecccc2f67702f4ac81786aa37f9e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a group of us were up snowmobiling up at Little Bear LAke Saskatchewan. after a hard day of rideing we all gotd into the out door hot tubs. we were all boozed up when I decided to get out of the hot tub and junp into the snow. Then once finished rolling around in the snow I jumped back into the hot tub. Shin felt like I was being pricked by a million needles. people started trying it after I went a second round. It's actually quite invigourating.
Was super high on mushrooms one time and kept going back and forth between the hot tub and cold plunge. Like 10 times. By the end you couldn't even feel the difference. Got super sick the next day though so couldnt have been too good for me. Haha

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
F:d around a lot as as kids - jumping on thin ice on ponds, early season swims and the like and fell in the north Atlantic in April one year ....no more cold plunges for me ....

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Top Bottom