where do gophers hide

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Theres a resort between Brooks and Medicine Hat.

and in that resort the homes are built like this.....

back in the olden days when kids used to roam the prairie with large buckets to drown the gophers, cut off their tails, and take it into town for $0.05, it was hard work sometimes to actually pour enough water down the hole to force them out.

Attachments

• Gopher home.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and in that resort the homes are built like this.....

back in the olden days when kids used to roam the prairie with large buckets to drown the gophers, cut off their tails, and take it into town for $0.05, it was hard work sometimes to actually pour enough water down the hole to force them out.

well yeah but with flood waters as high as they are they should be eliminated
even gainer the gopher

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tex 78 runs a gopher resort.

He will know.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had gophers digging holes on ball field. Thought i could drowned them out so took water tank 500 gal and poured it in one hole gopher still did not come out. After 2 tanks finally came out and met him match

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
We had gophers digging holes on ball field. Thought i could drowned them out so took water tank 500 gal and poured it in one hole gopher still did not come out. After 2 tanks finally came out and met him match

And heres your sign lol...

Couldnt play ball all season due to the mud from a 1000 gal of water, but managed to kill the one damn gopher...Caddyshack lives!!!

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rosemary. I think the Mormons there keep then as pets, but seriously you will never see more gophers than you do there. I know a guy who used to get paid $1 per tail plus all his bullets supplied. Made $150 a day on a regular basis.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a neighbour who went to a gopher control field day a couple years back. There was a guy demonstrating a propane deal that injects propane into the gopher hole and then has an igniter that creates an explosion that kills the gophers. Don't know what happened but he got the thing to do its deal and out of another hole comes a gopher on fire on a dead run. The gopher started a grass fire before it succumbed to the flames. Buddy said it was by far the funniest thing he has ever seen hands down.:cool:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you put a stick of juicy fruit it swells up in their stomachs and kills them.

Those propane igniters sound like a good time. Good but dangerous.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use anhydrous ammonia instead of propane. Kills the vermin and fertilizes the field from below.....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you put a stick of juicy fruit it swells up in their stomachs and kills them.

Those propane igniters sound like a good time. Good but dangerous.

I've heard of guys buying those big buckets of Double Bubble Gum at Costco and having good luck with them. I bought one but it never made it out of the shop unfortunately. Gums are still tired over that deal........

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rosemary. I think the Mormons there keep then as pets, but seriously you will never see more gophers than you do there. I know a guy who used to get paid $1 per tail plus all his bullets supplied. Made $150 a day on a regular basis.

I was thinking Tilley or Rolling Hills. Almost always dry there.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking Tilley or Rolling Hills. Almost always dry there.

They are bad to actually. I'm from rainier kinda straight south west of Tilley and North West of Rollin hills and it definitely has not been dry for the last two years. I'll upload some pictures later of how flooded we have been. Haven't seen many gophers for last two years

Top Bottom