Alberta Heath Care - Doctors and Pharmacists issues

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mother used to see that all the time with us non Huderite people in the old folks home. No one would come to visit their parents, the staff were more of a family to the residents than their true family. When they were dying though, the real families were packed in the room waiting for the flat line.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole healthcare situation is a joke nowadays. "Drop in" clinics locally are no longer drop in, you have to wait in line before they open and hope you're one of the first 15ish people. Or call in and hope you're one of the first, but they rarely answer the phone. Thats if they're open, and they don't announce anywhere when they're going to be closed randomly in the middle of the week. My NP does phone appointments which are convenient for refills, but even those are normally booked 4+ weeks out, and for an in-person appointment it's probably double that.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Had open heart surgery back in 2013 and never have taken any drugs or medication had to have it done because of a heart murmur just eat well and take vitamins have a doctors appointment in July to check the old ticker
I wish Arnold, and you are doing just fine. For me they just have me on an aspirin a day for blood thinners, low dose of a cholesterol pill, one for your stomach, and gabapentin. Without the Gabapentin I cannot function as the nerve pain in my face is excruciating. I now know why they call it suicide pain. I definitely know when that is wearing thin. Im only taking 1/2 of what they originally prescribed and im just barely making it, had to have 1 pill before bed now.

So hospital originally prescribed 1800 mg per day and I had to go up progressively and If I found it was managing my pain I can stop and stay there. My doctor does know that. She asked me two days ago what do I want for Gabapentin, so I can have up to that, but I dont want it. Its a controlled drug, not a narcotic though. So If I was prescribed oxy or something like that is it my decision on to what dose. She was very short on my request. They seem to just prescribe everything, when I'm at the hospital I have some hyper granulation around my G-tube they gave me name for my doctor and put in a request for that, she asked me I said No, Ill deal with it and not get anther prescription. Seems like everyone is living on pills, ill stick to two or three thats it. Dont need to have a pill tray with each day labelled on it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a good experience this week.

Felt sick with a very sore throat on Monday, Called the doctors office Tuesday. Got in Wednesday to my family doctor.

Got meds for strep throat.

I thought it was good service and quick appointment

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will definitely see them at a funeral if the family has land to rent/sell. One of my good friends was dying of cancer and hutterites never once came to help at his ranch while he was sick but all of them all the sudden wanted to visit him once he only had a few weeks to live. Very greedy people.
So true. They really are parasites. Horrible people.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a good experience this week.

Felt sick with a very sore throat on Monday, Called the doctors office Tuesday. Got in Wednesday to my family doctor.

Got meds for strep throat.

I thought it was good service and quick appointment
Good old strep. My throat was so sore one spring I couldn’t swallow. I never go to doctors. But.. Dr did a strep test. Said the results will be a few days but get on antibiotics right away
nine days later taking antibiotics. I’m in Revelstoke. I go into anaphylactic shock. Hospital in Revi has no doctors on Sunday told me to hurry home to my center. Gave me some Benadryl told me to beat it.
Long story short antibiotics is just another drug I’m allergic to. Spent 100 days on maximum doses of prednisone to help my body fight the poisonous to me antibiotic.
After I heal and everything I go see my doctor to tell him what happened. He says oh no and your sample came back strep free. I didn’t have it lol

Top Bottom